Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buc Fan logic « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#150 : December 20, 2012, 01:30:19 PM

Your right. Freeman just cant do it. Get rid of him.

gone

Hall of Famer
#151 : December 20, 2012, 03:05:21 PM

If you have a good defense, Josh Freeman can get you to a superbowl.

if you have a good defense, arent there a number of QB's that can get you to the superbowl?

Yea but why go looking for another guy when you think the guy you have can get you to the SB? I think the disagreement guys are having now is that Freeman isnt the guy who could do that or is he. I personally think he can with the right team around him. So if you have that, why would you just start over and risk the chance of not finding a guy who can win you a SB? Why dont you just build around that guy? Its like we need to have the right QB to win it all. Freeman is good enough, I think he just needs a solid team around him. Right now I wouldnt call this a solid team around him. Id call it less than mediocre with that defense. Put a solid team around the big man, and see if it he can win you the big one.

The problem there is that while you can get there with the good Freeman, the bad Freeman can kill your playoff hopes faster than you can say "Mark Sanchez".

The people who want to sign Josh now need to really take a look at what happened to NYJ.  Most fans knew Sanchez sucked by 2010.  But many made many of the same excuses they make for Josh now.  He'll get better with experience, he's only 24, etc (BTW, Sanchez was 24 two years ago, how much better has he gotten since then?)

Their team rolled with a guy that had huge red flags and missed their window because of it and are now going to be blown up. 

Fortunately, we still have another year to think about Freeman, and we would be foolish not to take it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#152 : December 20, 2012, 03:11:27 PM

I don't want to sign him now. I just want to see him with a better team around him. I agree he has sucked lately.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#153 : December 20, 2012, 03:17:29 PM

In my opinion, Briscoe was a better fit than him.)

briscoe?  all 2 catches of his this year?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#154 : December 20, 2012, 03:19:21 PM

I don't want to sign him now. I just want to see him with a better team around him. I agree he has sucked lately.

im thinking the chiefs.  hometown kid comes back to save the franchise.  the chiefs had a team ready to win, a la the 49ers before harbaugh.  all they need is a QB and a coach.  now how much can we get from KC to make this happen? 

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#155 : December 20, 2012, 03:22:10 PM

Who exactly is saying sign Freeman long term right now? I don't think I have seen anyone say that. But yea, because we realize he isn't playing as bad as most people on here think he is and we think he can be our franchise QB, we are idiots and 'Freepologists'.

What most of us are saying is that we want to see how he does next year with a healthy team and a pass defense that doesn't get picked apart by rookie QB's. If he doesn't do well with that, then I think pretty much everyone will agree we should move on from him.

Next year will show us what we truly have in Freeman. We've been debating about this for 4 days now. It really is just pointless going through the same arguments over and over again. Some people obviously don't like Freeman, while others still have hope for him. Nothing is going to change until next year.

And I respect everyone's opinion. including most of the people who don't think Freeman is the answer. The only people who I completely disagree with here are the one's who are saying we should cut/trade Freeman and get a guy like Cousins or Mallett.

There are many arguments that can be made for and against Freeman. Everyone knows Freeman will be our starting QB next year so instead of **CENSORED**ing about him, how about you just hope for the best and hope he plays like we all know he is capable of.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#156 : December 20, 2012, 03:26:36 PM

What most of us are saying is that we want to see how he does next year with a healthy team and a pass defense that doesn't get picked apart by rookie QB's. If he doesn't do well with that, then I think pretty much everyone will agree we should move on from him.

why not just tell him flat out that we dont trust him, we dont think he's the longterm answer, but we are willing to give him one more chance to prove he is?  bet that works out nicely.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#157 : December 20, 2012, 03:30:39 PM

why not just tell him flat out that we dont trust him, we dont think he's the longterm answer, but we are willing to give him one more chance to prove he is?  bet that works out nicely.
Why would we tell him we don't trust him? Do you know what Schiano thinks of him? From what I can tell, it seems like Schiano trusts and likes the kid a lot.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#158 : December 20, 2012, 03:33:37 PM

Why would we tell him we don't trust him? Do you know what Schiano thinks of him? From what I can tell, it seems like Schiano trusts and likes the kid a lot.

if we trust him and think he's the franchise, you give him the extension.  if you dont trust him, you make him earn it.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#159 : December 20, 2012, 03:34:25 PM

There are just as many saying "sign him long term", as there are saying "cut/trade him now".

The main disagreement between the two sides is the opinion of his play.

Almost every single fan is down for seeing what he does next year.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buc Fan logic « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools