Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buc Fan logic « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 18, 2012, 02:03:31 PM

" totally ignoring your weaknesses...faulty"

Who came up with the plan to totally ignore our weaknesses? Or is that just some crap you made up because you can't make a logical argument to defend your position?

How is drafting a replacement addressing our defense, how is letting Freeman walk next year addressing our defense, how is 'overpaying' a FA QB addressing our defense, how is 'overpaying' Freeman next year addressing our defense, how is trading for a replacement addressing our defense?
And how is all this upgrading our QB position?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 18, 2012, 02:06:43 PM

Blaming the Redskins and Falcons losses on the defense? HAHA, comical!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000067828/RG3-s-game-winning-drive

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : December 18, 2012, 02:12:20 PM

" How is drafting a replacement addressing our defense, how is letting Freeman walk next year addressing our defense, how is 'overpaying' a FA QB addressing our defense, how is 'overpaying' Freeman next year addressing our defense, how is trading for a replacement addressing our defense? And how is all this upgrading our QB position?"

Anyone know what this fool is babbling about?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 18, 2012, 02:15:31 PM

" If we can find somebody better than Free, I'm all for it."

You ain't gonna find 'em if you ain't lookin'.

Who said we should stop looking for better QBs than Freeman.
I just do not like my chance to find one when i'm desperate for one.

Try to get laid when you have not seen a naked girl in weeks and then try to right after you have done your ex, or having a gf waiting at home.

i could also say you'll never get Freeman for cheap if you do not ask.  An above average QB on a cheap, cap friendly contract is a nice start when looking for elite QBs, a cheap backup like Freeman is the not worst to happen to a team.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 18, 2012, 02:16:20 PM

Everyone wants to bang on Freeman but if we had even a decent pass defense we would be in the playoffs this year.

what's your excuse for Freeman not being able to manufacture a single point against one of the NFL's worst defenses? do you expect a decent pass defense to score the points we need to win games, because Freeman can't seem to do it on a regular basis because he doesn't seem to be a dependable QB.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 18, 2012, 02:18:03 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000067828/RG3-s-game-winning-drive

Lol. The Bucs D allowed 7 pts in the 1st qtr. Then Freeman threw a pick in the middle of the 2nd qtr that gave the Skins the ball at the Bucs 35, which led to a TD, then the Bucs offense went 3 and out and the skins scored in 2 plays. That was with 5:15 left on the clock in the second. The Bucs D buckled down and didn't allow another point until that final FG.

That last drive hardly tells the whole story. Neither Freeman, nor the defense played well enough to win. The both have a share of the blame.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 18, 2012, 02:18:58 PM

" How is drafting a replacement addressing our defense, how is letting Freeman walk next year addressing our defense, how is 'overpaying' a FA QB addressing our defense, how is 'overpaying' Freeman next year addressing our defense, how is trading for a replacement addressing our defense? And how is all this upgrading our QB position?"

How to improve your football team, pretty much what this thread is about. To give us a chance to win against teams like PHI or NO or WAS or DAL.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 18, 2012, 02:19:44 PM

Tips on getting laid, from Poindexter. Wonderful.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 18, 2012, 02:20:24 PM

First of all it isn't "Buc" fan logic.  Welcome to the NFL where the QB is the face of the franchise and tends to take the heat when he is sucking it up and the team is on a losing skid.  Second, Freeman padded his stats quite nicely during the 4 games winning streak or so.  That doesn't change the fact that he has been erratic and inconsistent for much of his career not just these last few games.   He is young and he may still mature, but 4 years into the league and fans may start to become a little impatient.   Third, of course the defense (particularly the db's) is a weakness and needs/will be addressed.   This has been stated on this board at least as many times as Freeman's weaknesses have been discussed/criticized.

Letting him feel the the heat for bad play is one thing, but getting rid of one of your only strengths is stupid, totally ignoring your weaknesses...faulty fan logic. And thats what this thread about, to atleast once in awhile use your brain instead of just listening to your heart.

I'm going out on a limb and say that many people believe that including Freeman in the category of "one of your only strengths", would be an example of "faulty fan logic".

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 18, 2012, 02:20:40 PM

22 pts scored against a terrible defense...6 in the 1st half...and the defense held RG3 to 3 pts in the 2nd half.

But you're right, I blame the defense as well!!!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 18, 2012, 02:20:54 PM

Sounds like something that QaZ character would type up. I can't subject myself to reading his posts, they give me a headache.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 18, 2012, 02:22:36 PM

I think our fan base is very fragile at this point.

From superbowl to losing seasons to hoping we have a franchise qb, everyone becoming experts on what a franchise qb should be, having a winning season followed by a losing one, having 3 head coaches in 5 years, the organization spending some money after 7 years of drought and now everything should be fine, etc etc.

Say it with me..., "STABILITY is GOOD"

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 18, 2012, 02:23:09 PM

I understand exactly what you're trying, Poindexter. You want to set up the old false dichotomy - we can either fix the D or the QB. But that's just a lie. Nothing stops us from working on both.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 18, 2012, 02:23:20 PM

Lol. The Bucs D allowed 7 pts in the 1st qtr. Then Freeman threw a pick in the middle of the 2nd qtr that gave the Skins the ball at the Bucs 35, which led to a TD, then the Bucs offense went 3 and out and the skins scored in 2 plays. That was with 5:15 left on the clock in the second. The Bucs D buckled down and didn't allow another point until that final FG.

That last drive hardly tells the whole story. Neither Freeman, nor the defense played well enough to win. The both have a share of the blame.

As was many losses this season. Think about our wins. Our defense and offense made the necessary plays to win. In losses, you can chalk up both instances many times where both sides didnt make the plays. Its just fan habit to put EVERYTHING on the QB. Its not the way it works. If we had a Brady or Brees. Id say, yes he could do more to make our team win despite having the worst pass defense and pass rush. But we dont. We have mediocre Freeman. Thing is Mediocre is even hard to find for QBs. AZ, Miami, Cle know this. They would take Freeman and build around him easily. At least he can put up some decent stats and can hit the big play. 

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 18, 2012, 02:24:14 PM

Everyone wants to bang on Freeman but if we had even a decent pass defense we would be in the playoffs this year.

what's your excuse for Freeman not being able to manufacture a single point against one of the NFL's worst defenses? do you expect a decent pass defense to score the points we need to win games, because Freeman can't seem to do it on a regular basis because he doesn't seem to be a dependable QB.

what is yours excuse for our defense to blow a 11 point lead against a rookie QB in his 2nd start? Freeman messing up the hand offs on those 3 straight run plays between those 2 long TD drive by the eagles?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buc Fan logic « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools