Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sunday's game blacked out... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

replica

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 20, 2012, 12:10:14 AM

The Kansas City game was probably the smallest crowd I have ever seen at Raymond James Stadium in 13 years of  attending the games..

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : December 20, 2012, 04:53:00 PM

this weekend will be the lowest in decades

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : December 20, 2012, 05:06:40 PM

TAMPA --

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers' final home game of the season, against the St. Louis Rams, will be blacked out on local television in the Tampa Bay area this Sunday.

The Bucs announced Thursday they failed to sell the requisite 85 percent of non-premium seats for this week's game, making it the sixth time this year the Bucs have failed to sell enough tickets to lift the blackout.

The Bucs, who once boasted a season-ticket waiting list of more than 100,000 fans, failed to sell out their first three regular-season home games this year have had 19 of their previous 23 home games blacked out.

The blackout comes on a holiday weekend, and with the 6-8 Bucs riding a four-game losing streak, one that has knocked them out of playoff contention and ruined their chances of having a winning season. The Rams are 6-7-1.

The Bucs' six blackouts this year came in the wake of a busy offseason in which they took several steps to draw fans back to Raymond James Stadium, which sold out for just two of the seven Bucs games in 2011.

After struggling through a 4-12 season that ended with a 10-game losing streak last year, the Bucs fired coach Raheem Morris and replaced him with Greg Schiano, the former coach at Rutgers University.

Schiano has made it a goal of his to change the culture of the organization, which has reached out directly to its ticket-buying public in an effort to draw old fans as well as new ones to RJS.

Before this season, the team reduced prices on 80 percent of its tickets, introduced a half-season ticket plan and incorporated a 12-month payment option for season-ticket buyers.

The Bucs were also the first NFL team to adopt the league's new 85 percent rule, which allows clubs to declare a sellout and lift the local TV blackout if 85 percent of all non-premium seats are sold 72 hours before kickoff.

Tickets for Sunday's game are available with prices beginning at $30 and can be obtained at www.buccaneers.com, through the Ticketmaster app or by calling 1-800- 745-3000.

After the game, the Bucs will host a Christian-themed "Faith and Football" concert, featuring the Newsboys, local rapper KJ-52, evangelist Scott Dawson and personal testimony by Bucs defensive tackle Gerald McCoy.
http://www2.tbo.com/news/bucs/2012/dec/20/5/tv-blackout-for-bucs-home-finale-against-rams-ar-587422/

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 20, 2012, 05:36:31 PM

An out-of-state Buc fan posted on another board that he tried to buy season tickets this season but the Bucs wouldn't sell them because he was out of state. Anyone have something similar?

that's the problem.   There are at least 30,000 out of town people who want to buy season tickets and the Bucs won't let them.

You know what's funny, I tried to get season tickets about 7 years ago and they told me that because I lived so far away, that I would be put at the bottom on the waiting list after the locals with all the other long-distance people.  Well, 3 years ago when there was no list, I called again and they told me that their policy was to not let anyone out of state buy season tickets.  The person told me that it was an effort to keep visiting team fans from buying a bunch of tickets for just 1 game and selling the rest online.  I can see the validity in that.

Great plan, now they only have to buy for that single game that they want to go to ...... flippin' geniuses those ticket people are I tell ya .....

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#19 : December 20, 2012, 06:16:12 PM

Nobody is gonna be at this game lol.  People will either be out of town or don't care.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sunday's game blacked out... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools