Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Starting to wonder about the football knowledge if Bucs fans... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 19, 2012, 03:30:24 PM

Freeman sucks.

Never seen a QB with a worse arm than Joshua Freeman.  He couldn't hit a simple slant route to save his life.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 19, 2012, 03:43:45 PM

Freeman sucks.

Never seen a QB with a worse arm than Joshua Freeman.  He couldn't hit a simple slant route to save his life.

Okay okay little Johnny, we're all paying attention to you, we hear you. That's really awesome.......anyways back to the discussion.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

holiday21

Rookie

#17 : December 19, 2012, 03:45:15 PM

The rams have Sam Bradford who isnt that good himself

I bet the Bucs would trade Freeman for Bradford in a second.
based on what?

*waits to hear some dumb explanation*

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 19, 2012, 03:45:27 PM

Well, I am starting to wonder what the hell people are watching when they see Josh Freeman stink it up over and over and over?

Pray tell...whatthe hell are you guys watching?  I am a Buc fan, not a Josh Freeman fan.  He is not good for the Bucs, because when does a QB who cannot throw a football make a team better?  I'll answetr that for you:  NEVER.

What the hell are you guys watching?  And man, it must be easy to fool you guys. 

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

#19 : December 19, 2012, 03:45:57 PM

Starting to wonder if all the Freeman apologists realize there is real-world risk in keeping this guy.

Many seem to think there are no consequences to keeping Freeman, giving the excuse, "Well, there's nobody better out there".

This isn't a matter of flipping a coin on keeping him or dumping him after his contract is up. This is a HUGE financial decision for the Glazers/front office.

Do you think their stance is, "Meh, let's throw him $50 million. There's nobody better out there."

Money will have a lot to do with this decision.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 19, 2012, 03:46:13 PM

based on what?

The fact that Bradford can actually throw a ball, and make a few reads?  yeah, thats why.

Fisher, for his professed love of "5" wouldn't do it though.  The guy wants to win.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : December 19, 2012, 03:50:45 PM

" This is a HUGE financial decision for the Glazers/front office."

Let's not forget they canned Dungy because "good" ain't good enough. Being a little better than we are now isn't their goal.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 19, 2012, 08:58:33 PM

Nobody can lob it up and pray for a GREAT catch by the WR better than Free... usually. But when he needs to, cant hit the side of a barn 12 yards down field. Misses more WR open for scores on a regular basis than many in the league. How bout hitting a WR thats got a step on his coverage in stride instead of jump balls?? Frustrating as hell to watch.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 19, 2012, 09:00:03 PM

Not to mention.. with the rookie salaries what they are now.. Its not near as cost prohibitive to take a chance on high round QBs anymore.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 19, 2012, 09:35:42 PM

Not to mention.. with the rookie salaries what they are now.. Its not near as cost prohibitive to take a chance on high round QBs anymore.
Yup.  So the guy can sit and ride pine for a few years and not truly sink the team.

Bucs need to keep scouring for a good QB.  Don't settle for a known quantity, when that quantity is not all that impressive.

I am not saying neglect the defense...the Bucs defense needed fixing since the start of the season. 

We get that.  But the QB needs to be fixed as well.  Freeman has been blah.

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 19, 2012, 10:23:59 PM

I wouldn't be opposed to bring in another QB, preferably one from the draft rather than a retread but a vet could make sense too.  But I would expect it to still be Josh's job to lose.  People are blaming way too much on the scheme here when scheme has nothing to do with his horrible short accuracy.  But there is something to the idea of seeing him in the system another year.  Right now his inconsistency makes him average or slightly below.  But to be fair, just as Josh is at his worst when trying to be a precision passer with the short game, he's also at his best when he is being aggressive and attacking downfield.  If another offseason and some experience helps him become more effective with that part of his game it would go a long way to mask his other deficiencies.  And if you could convince him to run again, well, you might actually have something good then.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 20, 2012, 01:38:22 AM

One bad game? this year?

Go back to the Rams message board mate. Freeman's been stinking up the place for four years now.

Youre full of sh1t.

Rivers is stinking up the joint this season,Sanchez, Carson Palmer, those guys suck. Freeman has much better numbers than them.

Youre just mad.

River is having a subpar season, but he's also had 3 seasons w/a QB rating of 101+. Rip Rivers' season all you'd like, but there's absolutely ZERO comparison as to their careers. BTW, Rivers took SD to the playoffs in his 3rd season.

Moving on, if you're hanging your hat on Freeman having better numbers than Sanchez and Palmer, have fun w/that...not exactly aiming for the stars there w/those 2. BTW, Palmer took Cincy to the playoffs in his 2nd season.
: December 20, 2012, 01:39:54 AM jhop88

holiday21

Rookie

#27 : December 20, 2012, 05:21:59 AM

based on what?

The fact that Bradford can actually throw a ball, and make a few reads?  yeah, thats why.

Fisher, for his professed love of "5" wouldn't do it though.  The guy wants to win.
thank you for dumb response/non-response.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#28 : December 20, 2012, 06:19:55 AM

based on what?

Good point.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 20, 2012, 06:58:50 AM

Well, I am starting to wonder what the hell people are watching when they see Josh Freeman stink it up over and over and over?

Pray tell...whatthe hell are you guys watching?  I am a Buc fan, not a Josh Freeman fan.  He is not good for the Bucs, because when does a QB who cannot throw a football make a team better?  I'll answetr that for you:  NEVER.

What the hell are you guys watching?  And man, it must be easy to fool you guys.

I'll tell you what I see.

Leftwich (me throw), Simms (batted passes), Garica (run for life), Gradkowski (sucks in general), Brad J (too old/didn't get him here soon enough), Dilfer (left and was winner), Doug W (Left and was pretty good), JJ (0-6), Shawn King (average but let go), Craig Erickson (best season was with the Bucs), and the biggest kick in the pants for all Bucs fans, Young (We all know what happened).

Freeman doesn't have the body of work these guys had so far, but it's not so much of WHAT the guy has done yet, as it's about what he will do. I've thought many times that the Bucs were the "stepping stone/AFL" of the NFL "real" teams. Time to commit and win instead of playing the blame-game and running out another QB from Tampa.

I say, just keep building up around the guy. Eventually, it will be like the King situation, where the team around any QB could make up for any shortcoming. As they did with Brad. If Freeman sucks next season (which I think he won't IF the pass defense gets better) cut ties instead of handing him the big check and sign another "franchise." Point is, there needs to be some consistency and responsibility for those "franchise picks." Let him play it out, that way we all can feel much better about letting him go, especially given our past history with that.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Starting to wonder about the football knowledge if Bucs fans... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools