Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm curious as to what people would want. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 19, 2012, 02:29:58 PM

I love how you cling to that season like a squirrel glued to a nutsack.

I've barely mentioned his 2010 season in my arguments supporting Freeman so you are wrong once again.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 19, 2012, 02:32:56 PM

I love how he doesn't include the pre-Harbaugh numbers or Freeman's 2010 season.

Actually, it's for people like you who have said stuff like 'look at how well Alex Smith is playing and he got benched'.  When in actuality, he really hasn't been that good throughout his career.  For your information, the numbers really aren't all that different if you do include 2010.  Alex Smith statistically, is still the better player!

Freeman: 894-1494 (59.8%) / 10,514 yards / 54 TD's / 35 Int's / 83.56 Rating / 7.04 YPA
Smith: 629-1004 (62.65%) / 7,245 yards / 44 TD's / 20 Int's / 90.67 Rating / 7.22 YPA

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 19, 2012, 02:36:57 PM

how does one explain alex smith having a higher YPA?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 19, 2012, 02:38:06 PM

Just an added note as well... Alex Smith has been performing quite well under Harbaugh and Schiano's "M.O." is bascially the same as Harbaugh's in terms of a run based offense, situational passing, and good defense.  Alex Smith is actually the perfect QB for Schiano and Sullivan as well as a fit to match the talents of Martin, Clark, Williams, and Jackson.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 19, 2012, 02:39:07 PM

how does one explain alex smith having a higher YPA?

I'm guessing it goes hand-in-hand with completion percentage... you know, the one that doesn't matter.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : December 19, 2012, 02:51:14 PM

Funny how you say Stafford is the cream of this class after having 1 good season, yet you NEVER mention Freeman's good season in 2010.
[Yea, he had a bad season last year, but the guy showed what he could do in 2010.
I've been saying this the whole time. If we let Freeman do his thing, he can be a great QB. The 2nd half Freeman reminded me a lot of 2010 Freeman. Unleesh him!

Remember when you used to say it was Olsen holding him back?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : December 19, 2012, 04:13:49 PM

He probably still thinks Olsen is holding him back.  Either that or Gruden.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 19, 2012, 04:16:02 PM

Funny how you say Stafford is the cream of this class after having 1 good season, yet you NEVER mention Freeman's good season in 2010.
[Yea, he had a bad season last year, but the guy showed what he could do in 2010.
I've been saying this the whole time. If we let Freeman do his thing, he can be a great QB. The 2nd half Freeman reminded me a lot of 2010 Freeman. Unleesh him!

He did hold Freeman back.  But now, Freeman has learned he doesn't need anyone to tell him how to be a crappy QB!  He can throw off his back foot under pressure while making one quick read without anyones help.  He's a big boy now!

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 19, 2012, 04:26:19 PM

He did hold Freeman back.  But now, Freeman has learned he doesn't need anyone to tell him how to be a crappy QB!  He can throw off his back foot under pressure while making one quick read without anyones help.  He's a big boy now!

I don't care who you are... that's ^^^^ funny!

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#24 : December 19, 2012, 05:24:52 PM

Lot of things go into being a QB other than just stats.

If your team has a good to average defense it sets your QB and offense in better position to score. Better field position and more possesions. If the team's defense stinks, the opponents can play keep away and bleed the clock dry thus limiting the possesions of the other team.

If the team's special teams has a strong return unit in both punt returns and kickoff returns it can also setup the offense with better field position.

If your QB and offense have to consistently go 80 yards to score and have limited possesions due to a bad defense, it puts added pressure on your QB to force throws and feel like he has to keep up with the other team's offense as he can't rely on the team's defense to protect a lead. It's football it's the only complete team sport out there.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 19, 2012, 07:24:31 PM

"A" is good sometimes but rarely great.  Sometimes he is maddeningly inconsistent.
Give "A" the OL he was supposed to have at full strength and let's have this conversation down the road.

If there was a secondary that did not give up 350 yards in the air so often and a DL that could get some consistent pressure and key sacks, then this team is playoff bound as is.

Turn the page.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 19, 2012, 07:36:56 PM

If your team has a good to average defense it sets your QB and offense in better position to score. Better field position and more possesions. If the team's defense stinks, the opponents can play keep away and bleed the clock dry thus limiting the possesions of the other team.

If the team's special teams has a strong return unit in both punt returns and kickoff returns it can also setup the offense with better field position.

If your QB and offense have to consistently go 80 yards to score and have limited possesions due to a bad defense, it puts added pressure on your QB to force throws and feel like he has to keep up with the other team's offense as he can't rely on the team's defense to protect a lead. It's football it's the only complete team sport out there.

The Bucs defense gave the offense excellent field possession for the entire Philadelphia game and the offense squandered most of those opportunities.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 19, 2012, 07:43:03 PM

The Bucs defense gave the offense excellent field possession for the entire Philadelphia game and the offense squandered most of those opportunities.
True but on the flip side the offense gave the defense an 11 point lead with 4 minutes to go.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 19, 2012, 07:48:01 PM

True but on the flip side the offense gave the defense an 11 point lead with 4 minutes to go.

On the flip side, what if the offense had sustained a long drive or two and had given the defense a chance to rest.

Defense failed, not disputing that, but there are things that can help the defense such as long drives or drives that force the opposing offense to have poor starting field possession.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 19, 2012, 07:54:55 PM

On the flip side, what if the offense had sustained a long drive or two and had given the defense a chance to rest.

Defense failed, not disputing that, but there are things that can help the defense such as long drives or drives that force the opposing offense to have poor starting field possession.
The offense was crap in the first half, no dispute there but that same offense made enough plays to win the game. Our secondary couldnt stop a trash ass rookie QB from carving them to pieces. I'm all for blaming freeman for the first half but I'm going to blame him for the second half too tho. He did enough but where was our super senior and his unit in the last 4 mins of that game?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm curious as to what people would want. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools