Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm curious as to what people would want. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 19, 2012, 07:57:34 PM

Super senior? Ronde?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 19, 2012, 07:57:47 PM

The offense was crap in the first half, no dispute there but that same offense made enough plays to win the game. Our secondary couldnt stop a trash ass rookie QB from carving them to pieces. I'm all for blaming freeman for the first half but I'm going to blame him for the second half too tho. He did enough but where was our super senior and his unit in the last 4 mins of that game?

that QB you so glowing refer to carved up the cowboys secondary the week before, and the board loves those guys.

i will agree, freeman did just enough to win.  is that what we want from our franchise guy?  just enough?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

youngone

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 19, 2012, 07:58:01 PM

Super senior?
Ronde

youngone

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 19, 2012, 08:00:06 PM

The offense was crap in the first half, no dispute there but that same offense made enough plays to win the game. Our secondary couldnt stop a trash ass rookie QB from carving them to pieces. I'm all for blaming freeman for the first half but I'm going to blame him for the second half too tho. He did enough but where was our super senior and his unit in the last 4 mins of that game?

that QB you so glowing refer to carved up the cowboys secondary the week before, and the board loves those guys.

i will agree, freeman did just enough to win.  is that what we want from our franchise guy?  just enough?
Just enough to win works for me. If he was consistent in that category I would be all for the guy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 19, 2012, 08:01:00 PM

Super senior?
Ronde

He was sent on several blitzes. He wasn't the one being picked on anyway...it was Barron, Johnson, Gorrer, and Black that were the primary targets of their passing game on those last drives.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 19, 2012, 08:34:09 PM

Super senior?
Ronde

He was sent on several blitzes. He wasn't the one being picked on anyway...it was Barron, Johnson, Gorrer, and Black that were the primary targets of their passing game on those last drives.
I don't want to bash the guy because im a big fan but I'll just say that he was invisible went it all mattered.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 19, 2012, 08:41:12 PM

Super senior?
Ronde

I don't want to bash the guy because im a big fan but I'll just say that he was invisible went it all mattered.

I don't disagree, but a part of me thinks that if he is back there, that the offense might be better off attacking one of the undrafted rooks or flat footed Barron.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 19, 2012, 08:50:22 PM

I love how he doesn't include the pre-Harbaugh numbers or Freeman's 2010 season.

Actually, it's for people like you who have said stuff like 'look at how well Alex Smith is playing and he got benched'.  When in actuality, he really hasn't been that good throughout his career.  For your information, the numbers really aren't all that different if you do include 2010.  Alex Smith statistically, is still the better player!

Freeman: 894-1494 (59.8%) / 10,514 yards / 54 TD's / 35 Int's / 83.56 Rating / 7.04 YPA
Smith: 629-1004 (62.65%) / 7,245 yards / 44 TD's / 20 Int's / 90.67 Rating / 7.22 YPA

I never said Alex Smith was playing well.

I was just saying that the people who were using Freeman's completion percentage as a stat to say that he isn't a good QB is not a valid reason.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 19, 2012, 08:52:33 PM

Funny how you say Stafford is the cream of this class after having 1 good season, yet you NEVER mention Freeman's good season in 2010.
[Yea, he had a bad season last year, but the guy showed what he could do in 2010.
I've been saying this the whole time. If we let Freeman do his thing, he can be a great QB. The 2nd half Freeman reminded me a lot of 2010 Freeman. Unleesh him!

Remember when you used to say it was Olsen holding him back?

Nice job of digging up posts from months ago.

Because I've mentioned his 2010 season three times in the past 8 months, that means I am constantly bringing it up and am attached to it.

And yes, Olson was holding him back, he was an awful OC. We've seen this year that when he is on his game and Sully works to his strengths, he can be an excellent QB.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 19, 2012, 08:53:05 PM

Super senior?
Ronde

I don't disagree, but a part of me thinks that if he is back there, that the offense might be better off attacking one of the undrafted rooks or flat footed Barron.
Why? It's like not he's going to be stopping anybody. He will be a HOF'er and rightfully so but this year he's been as bad as the rest of them. I'm just being honest.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 19, 2012, 10:04:01 PM

Super senior?
Ronde

Why? It's like not he's going to be stopping anybody. He will be a HOF'er and rightfully so but this year he's been as bad as the rest of them. I'm just being honest.

Nah. I think you're being a little too hard on him. ESPN credits him with a team leading 12 PDs. He has not allowed a TD since Victor Cruz ran by him in week 2. He is allowing a team low 10.8 yards per catch. Leads the team in INTs.

Sure, I'll give you the "disappearing" at times, but he definitely has not played as poor as the other guys in the secondary.

As far as not targeting him. He is one of the wisest players in the NFL, and smarts are just as important as athleticism. Personally, I would much rather pick on suspect inexperienced rooks, than the wily vet....and that is what teams have done.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 19, 2012, 11:02:01 PM

Super senior?
Ronde

Nah. I think you're being a little too hard on him. ESPN credits him with a team leading 12 PDs. He has not allowed a TD since Victor Cruz ran by him in week 2. He is allowing a team low 10.8 yards per catch. Leads the team in INTs.

Sure, I'll give you the "disappearing" at times, but he definitely has not played as poor as the other guys in the secondary.

As far as not targeting him. He is one of the wisest players in the NFL, and smarts are just as important as athleticism. Personally, I would much rather pick on suspect inexperienced rooks, than the wily vet....and that is what teams have done.
You win. I cant argue that much about Ronde, it just feels wrong. On a related note, 10.8 is the team low in yards per catch? Geezus!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 19, 2012, 11:15:02 PM

Not about winning or losing. It's just conversation, bro. Yup, from what I saw, team low for DBs. Biggers is in the 12 ypc range, Barron 14ypc, Leonard Johnson 15ypc.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 19, 2012, 11:16:47 PM

Leonard Johnson 15ypc.

he has a fluke missed tackle and julio jones to thank for that.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

youngone

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 19, 2012, 11:18:09 PM

Not about winning or losing. It's just conversation, bro. Yup, from what I saw, team low for DBs. Biggers is in the 12 ypc range, Barron 14ypc, Leonard Johnson 15ypc.
What a sad bunch that is
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm curious as to what people would want. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools