Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm curious as to what people would want. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#45 : December 20, 2012, 12:45:50 AM

Leonard Johnson 15ypc.

he has a fluke missed tackle and julio jones to thank for that.

What's the difference between a regular missed tackle, and a fluke missed tackle?

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#46 : December 20, 2012, 01:25:49 AM

Lot of things go into being a QB other than just stats.

If your team has a good to average defense it sets your QB and offense in better position to score. Better field position and more possesions. If the team's defense stinks, the opponents can play keep away and bleed the clock dry thus limiting the possesions of the other team.

If the team's special teams has a strong return unit in both punt returns and kickoff returns it can also setup the offense with better field position.

If your QB and offense have to consistently go 80 yards to score and have limited possesions due to a bad defense, it puts added pressure on your QB to force throws and feel like he has to keep up with the other team's offense as he can't rely on the team's defense to protect a lead. It's football it's the only complete team sport out there.

More excuses, yada, yada, yada.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#47 : December 20, 2012, 01:27:33 AM

The offense was crap in the first half, no dispute there but that same offense made enough plays to win the game. Our secondary couldnt stop a trash ass rookie QB from carving them to pieces. I'm all for blaming freeman for the first half but I'm going to blame him for the second half too tho. He did enough but where was our super senior and his unit in the last 4 mins of that game?

that QB you so glowing refer to carved up the cowboys secondary the week before, and the board loves those guys.

i will agree, freeman did just enough to win.  is that what we want from our franchise guy?  just enough?
Just enough to win works for me. If he was consistent in that category I would be all for the guy.

Agreed...yet here we sit 4 yrs later and his record is 23-32.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#48 : December 20, 2012, 02:06:03 AM

Looking at stats in a vacuum is moronic, misleading, and stupid.

If it's time to replace Freeman then it needs to be done via the draft.

No one wants a one-dimensional piece of crap veteran
: December 20, 2012, 02:08:37 AM SunnyD

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#49 : December 20, 2012, 05:16:52 AM

I don't care about stats.   Give me a QB who is a winner.   You can throw the stats out the window.   Some guys have "it", and some don't.   

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#50 : December 20, 2012, 07:06:48 AM

I don't care about stats.   Give me a QB who is a winner.   You can throw the stats out the window.   Some guys have "it", and some don't.

Some guys do have "it."

Others sit on the bench and have the third string guy take his spot... ::)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#51 : December 20, 2012, 09:45:42 AM

What's the difference between a regular missed tackle, and a fluke missed tackle?

pretty good question, and i guess i really dont have a great answer.  i see LJ's missed tackle on that play as underestimating a player, or simply being lazy.  i dont think those are traits of his, moreso abnormalities.  i think his missed tackle was a product of being an NFL rookie.  on the other hand you have guys such as tanard jackson, who regularly took bad angles leading to missed tackles.  or some guys that miss tackles because they are physically overmatched or dominated.  maybe LJ was overmatched and missed tackles will become the norm for him.  fingers crossed it was a fluke, considering his alignment, break, and technique.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#52 : December 20, 2012, 10:05:35 AM

pretty good question, and i guess i really dont have a great answer.  i see LJ's missed tackle on that play as underestimating a player, or simply being lazy.  i dont think those are traits of his, moreso abnormalities.  i think his missed tackle was a product of being an NFL rookie.  on the other hand you have guys such as tanard jackson, who regularly took bad angles leading to missed tackles.  or some guys that miss tackles because they are physically overmatched or dominated.  maybe LJ was overmatched and missed tackles will become the norm for him.  fingers crossed it was a fluke, considering his alignment, break, and technique.

It was one of his 7 missed tackles on the year. It's not a ton considering that Wright(9), Barber(14), Barron(12), and Biggers(12) all have more missed tackles, but it's not like it was his only missed tackle on the year, so personally, I wouldn't consider it a fluke. I don't disagree with your points on his abilities and things that lead to missed tackles. I don't see missed tackles as a problem for Johnson.
: December 20, 2012, 10:09:24 AM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#53 : December 20, 2012, 10:06:05 AM

Some guys do have "it."

Others lose 41-0 to the worst defense in the NFL.

So true.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm curious as to what people would want. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools