Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano, Fisher and Bucs Players Offer Tons of Support for Free « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#90 : December 20, 2012, 03:14:06 PM

I think that's what people are forgetting. How is JF supposed to do anything if 1) they don't get him the ball, and 2) stop getting scored on during every drive?

Imagine if we get the ball back in JUST three downs, every other time they have possession?

I mean, when we had the oldschool guys here (Lynch, Brooks, and Sapp), getting over 20 slapped on them was considered humiliating.

i give freeman and the team credit for the first half against denver.  but since then the bucs have something like 5 scores on 30 drives.  not TD drives, scoring drives.  c'mon. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#91 : December 20, 2012, 03:15:14 PM

He got the ball enough times to turn it over 5 times.  This sword cuts both ways.  Less turnovers gives the defense time to rest, just as the defense giving up points puts pressure on the QB.  Ultimately it is a team game, and as a team we sucked against the Saints.  We often say that as Josh goes, so does the team, but I am starting to wonder if the opposite isn't true as well.  Kinda a chicken/egg argument we have here...when the defense get those turnovers and three and outs, Josh seems to elevate his play as well.

Team game right? No Freeman needs to do it all. He's the franchise!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#92 : December 20, 2012, 03:24:02 PM

He got the ball enough times to turn it over 5 times.  This sword cuts both ways.  Less turnovers gives the defense time to rest, just as the defense giving up points puts pressure on the QB.  Ultimately it is a team game, and as a team we sucked against the Saints.  We often say that as Josh goes, so does the team, but I am starting to wonder if the opposite isn't true as well.  Kinda a chicken/egg argument we have here...when the defense get those turnovers and three and outs, Josh seems to elevate his play as well.

our offenses in the 1st half against saints -

3 and out.
INT
3 and out.
INT
5 and out.
4 and out.

i wouldnt say he needs to do it all...but c'mon.  we didnt get trucked by the saints solely because fo the defense.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#93 : December 20, 2012, 03:26:56 PM

3 and out.
INT
3 and out.
INT
5 and out.
4 and out.

i wouldnt say he needs to do it all...but c'mon.  we didnt get trucked by the saints solely because fo the defense.

Ding ding ding ding... we have a winner!!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#94 : December 20, 2012, 03:32:48 PM

3 and out.
INT
3 and out.
INT
5 and out.
4 and out.

Ding ding ding ding... we have a winner!!!

I never said we lost that game because of the defense. That was a bad game by the offense as well. I'm really just talking the whole year. When they've won they've won as a team. When they have lost they have lost as a team. They need to do this together. I'm just saying QB seems to be the one expected to make everything better. Freeman isn't the guy that's gonna do it by himself. I'm sorry! But there's not many who can. But as a team, when we've been able to get good enough play from the offense and good enough for the defense we have won. The offense has been alright for the most part this year. Not last few games obviously but most part they have been ok. Defense I can't say the same for. I hope next year we see better play from both because if we do, as a team, they will make the playoffs.
: December 20, 2012, 03:34:44 PM BucBalla85

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#95 : December 20, 2012, 03:39:06 PM

I never said we lost that game because of the defense. That was a bad game by the offense as well. I'm really just talking the whole year. When they've won they've won as a team. When they have lost they have lost as a team. They need to do this together. I'm just saying QB seems to be the one expected to make everything better. Freeman isn't the guy that's gonna do it by himself. I'm sorry! But there's not many who can. But as a team, when we've been able to get good enough play from the offense and good enough for the defense we have won. The offense has been alright for the most part this year. Not last few games obviously but most part they have been ok. Defense I can't say the same for. I hope next year we see better play from both because if we do, as a team, they will make the playoffs.

when the offense plays okay, we win games.  when the offense plays like crap, the defensive inadequacies are highlighted. 

our offense didnt light the world on fire in the first half at denver, but they played okay and we were in the game.  our offense disappeared in the 3rd and it fell apart.
our offense was awful for 3 qtrs against the eagles.  our offense was awful against the saints.

we are gonna give up passing yards.  but as long as the offense is okay, we are in it.  and freeman never has to do it by himself with vjax, mike will, and martin.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#96 : December 20, 2012, 03:41:58 PM

Alright you guys win. Who we gonna get and who's gonna keep up with the opposing offense? I'm with you guys.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#97 : December 20, 2012, 03:55:41 PM

Game Time, you had asked about Eli and the Giants offense - yes, Gilbride took over in 2007 (he was the QB coach before that).

However, Hufnagel, Gilbride, and ex-Brown coach Chris Palmer all had rotations in the QB/OC coaching positions with Coughlin in Jacksonville and New York and overlapped quite a bit. I think it's pretty fair to say the offense is pretty similar conceptually, though I'm sure they had their own wrinkles.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano, Fisher and Bucs Players Offer Tons of Support for Free « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools