Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde says Florio lied (made **CENSORED** up). « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : December 19, 2012, 03:37:01 PM »

Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO

Bucs DB Ronde Barber says anonymous quote asking if Bucs coaches can be sent "back to college" was "made up. I can promise you that.''

------------------
wouldn't be surprised if Florio talked to an agent of a player but credited directly the player saying it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 19, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »

Wouldnt be the first time florio lied about stuff to get hits to his site. Such a joke.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 19, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »

All anyone has ever heard is that the guys love Schiano. The media hates him, we know this. He isn't a good interview and people hate it.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 19, 2012, 03:49:14 PM »

I am sure Florio is banned from the lockeroom, and the players wil not be talking to him.

Florio gives me the creeps.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 19, 2012, 04:02:07 PM »

Not a surprise. Even if a player felt that was about coach S, I think the entire locker room knows to keep their mouths shut, or they will be out of a job.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #5 : December 19, 2012, 04:29:38 PM »

Maybe Florio accidentally texted Kellen Winslow and forgot he was no longer on the team.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 19, 2012, 04:31:01 PM »

Florio just Skip Baylessed himself in Tampa.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 19, 2012, 04:38:53 PM »

Mike Florio, the curator of PFT, responded to Barber's comments by saying in an e-mail: "If Ronde is aware of every private communication in which his 52 teammates engage, that's even more impressive than his Hall of Fame playing career."

You gotta admit, that is a pretty good retort by Florio.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #8 : December 19, 2012, 04:40:49 PM »

Yeah, J. Ronde Hoover, checking those dispatches.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 19, 2012, 05:13:25 PM »

Hmmm who has more credibility? Ronde Barber or Florio? IMO, unless Florio comes out and says who the quote is from and backs himself up he loses this debate.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : December 19, 2012, 05:28:03 PM »

Whoa! Ronde Barber has all but accused Mike Florio, the creator, curator and overall guru a ProFootballTalk.com, of fabricating an anonymous source.

For those who missed it, Florio reported Monday that an unnamed Buccaneer voiced frustration following the Bucs-Saints game and said, “Can we send these coaches back to college?”

Well, Tampa Tribune beat writer Roy Cummings asked Barber and other Bucs about it today, and Barber told Cummings, “That’s a (expletive) made up quote. No one said that. I can promise you that.’’

Florio delivered a classic comeback, “If Ronde is aware of every private communication in which his 52 teammates engage, that’s even more impressive than his Hall of Fame playing career.”

For years, Joe has regularly communicated with Florio on a variety of topics, and Joe must side with Florio — if there is a “side” in this squabble. Florio takes his credibility very seriously and has absolutely no incentive to make stuff up.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80516

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 19, 2012, 05:31:27 PM »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Ummm...when the article was posted on your website in the section called "rumor mill", how much cred are we really supposed to give it?

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
« #12 : December 19, 2012, 05:38:50 PM »

Just like Joe bucs fan posts crazy stories to drive web hits to charge more to advertisers so does Florio. One blogger defending another, never saw that coming. Oh yeah, that was sarcasm.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : December 19, 2012, 05:42:28 PM »

Just like Joe bucs fan posts crazy stories to drive web hits to charge more to advertisers so does Florio. One blogger defending another, never saw that coming. Oh yeah, that was sarcasm.
Big difference between a "Fan Blog" versus a national NFL news website, wouldn't you agree?

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
« #14 : December 19, 2012, 05:52:27 PM »

Big difference between a "Fan Blog" versus a national NFL news website, wouldn't you agree?

Both are blogs started by fans. Florio was/is a Lawyer and a fan of football who started the site. To my knowledge or any quick google searches I didn't see where he has any degree in journalism or any NFL playing experience to draw upon, and after seeing him in person I doubt he had any collegiate playing experience as well. Yes, he has news and a popular rumor mill and has contributing journalist that post on his site. But I consider the site a blog, that picks up news from other sources and reports a few stories of it's own.

One blog is just more popular than the other, but both are of the same ilk in my view.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde says Florio lied (made **CENSORED** up). « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools