Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde says Florio lied (made **CENSORED** up). « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 19, 2012, 06:12:11 PM

I think there's almost a zero percent chance it was made up, but I like that Barber came out to support Coach Schiano.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 19, 2012, 06:48:20 PM

Hmmm who has more credibility? Ronde Barber or Florio? IMO, unless Florio comes out and says who the quote is from and backs himself up he loses this debate.

Ronde's cred has zero to do with a quote from a player?  Seriously...you think Ronde knows what's in the head of 52 players?  LOL.

No way Ronde can know whether a player said it or not.  Stupid to even say what Ronde said.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 19, 2012, 06:50:41 PM

....but I thought Vincent Jackson made that comment?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : December 19, 2012, 06:51:29 PM

could have been self-serving as there was a rumor yesterday that it was he (Barber) who dropped the complaint to Florio ---it was a good move by a team's leader....I'd like to see Vince Jackson take a better leadership role rather than scurrying away after bad games and letting Freeman take all the blame.
: December 19, 2012, 06:53:17 PM Morgan

gone

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 19, 2012, 07:01:34 PM

Please, Ronde's just doing damage control here.  I very seriously doubt that quote was falsified.  Blown out of proportion and possibly taken out of context, but what incentive does Florio have to make **CENSORED** up about a team that is generally ignored by the media.  I doubt anyone nationally  would even notice if Josh came out of the closet and the team wore pink tutu's to a game in a show of support.  So what would be the gain for Florio?  What motive?

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 19, 2012, 07:07:57 PM

Personally I didn't pay much attention to a quote that wasn't even heard in person by the person that wrote the article. Too much like playing a game of telephone imo.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 19, 2012, 07:10:00 PM

The Bucs are one of the least popular teams in the NFL, aren't going to the playoffs this season, and haven't won a playoff game in a decade. If PFT is going to make up quotes about a team, wouldn't it make more sense to do it for the Cowboys or some team that people actually care about?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 19, 2012, 07:55:09 PM

The Bucs are one of the least popular teams in the NFL, aren't going to the playoffs this season, and haven't won a playoff game in a decade. If PFT is going to make up quotes about a team, wouldn't it make more sense to do it for the Cowboys or some team that people actually care about?

Given this info then why report it at all.   Florio always has seemed shady to me and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is embellishing things although I would be equally unsurprised if some clown on the team made the comment out of frustration. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 19, 2012, 08:03:53 PM

Isbits and Florio ...two peas in a hack pod.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 19, 2012, 08:13:13 PM

I think there's almost a zero percent chance it was made up, but I like that Barber came out to support Coach Schiano.

Agree

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tog

Pro Bowler
#25 : December 19, 2012, 08:26:48 PM

Or it could have been mis-attributed or or taken out of context or any number of things.

We're not exactly living in the times of great journalism.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 20, 2012, 01:33:12 AM

Interviewer: So, player X, what do you think about your college coaches now?
Player X: (laughing) Can we send them back to college?

I agree that someone probably said it, but my guess is it was taken completely out of context.  I also agree with Ronde's response to the situation.

As for why publish it, if made up?  To sling more mud at Schiano in the least creative way possible.  This has been the knock on Schiano all year, and he doesn't give the media much to work with, so I could see it being made up too.

In the end, I think it is more important how the players rallied around the coach on Wednesday, as opposed to what was or was not said in frustration on Sunday while the loss was still stinging the backsides.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 20, 2012, 08:02:19 AM

This is what happens when hacks try to break stories ....they get it wrong. At least Isbitts is smart enough to stick to regurgitating other people's stories ....although it's not like he has any other choice. Hard to acquire sources when you never leave your mom's basement.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 20, 2012, 08:13:46 AM

If I had to guess one player who "could have" said this, my money is on...

LeGarrette "in the dog house" Blount

Me thinks he doesn't like coach schiano lol....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 20, 2012, 08:43:53 AM

Florio is a pecker head. Can't stand that guy. Hope he chokes on his boy friends **CENSORED**.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde says Florio lied (made **CENSORED** up). « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools