Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde says Florio lied (made **CENSORED** up). « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 20, 2012, 10:25:04 AM

Is he Jim Romes brother? What a **CENSORED**

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Isbitts

Rookie

#31 : December 20, 2012, 10:38:56 AM

This is what happens when hacks try to break stories ....they get it wrong. At least Isbitts is smart enough to stick to regurgitating other people's stories ....although it's not like he has any other choice. Hard to acquire sources when you never leave your mom's basement.

Typical inaccurate hatespeak from you Dolorous. JoeBucsFan.com is a fully credentialed media outlet by the Buccaneers and routinely delivers news first, in addition to commentary on Bucs news from all sources.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 20, 2012, 01:18:56 PM

The Joes are hacks. Everyone knows it. Deny it all you want. All it takes is a 10 minute scan of your site as proof.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 20, 2012, 03:20:47 PM

I like what Florio's done (the PFT project generally), and I find it almost impossible to believe he made it up.   I don't think he has any real axe to grind with Schiano (at least not that I've seen based on his interviews and articles).

And like Spoolios, I like that Barber came out publicly, even though he can't possibly know if a player besides himself said anything.

The thing that does bug me about the PFT story is this:

-First, the headline is "Bucs players grumbling about college coaches." Well, if it's players (plural), then he needs more evidence than a single quote (and he can't hide behind the Hayward-Cox confrontation as a) Cox isn't a "college coach," b) there's no evidence that was more than a "heat of the moment" incident. Normally when a headline doesn't match a story, it's the editor's fault. But this is PFT, not the New York Times or Washington Post. There are a handful of people involved and I'm sure Florio wrote his own headline (since he repeats the theme later in the text).

- Obviously Florio wasn't there. It was either overheard by someone and reported to him, or he talked to directly to someone over the phone. He doesn't have to give away the source, but he should probably provide more context than he does. If he heard it directly, he should say so. If he heard it second hand, he should say so as well.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 20, 2012, 03:27:56 PM

I don't think anyone has posted Florio's response.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/19/ronde-barber-bristles-at-pft-report/

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 20, 2012, 08:21:40 PM

This is what happens when hacks try to break stories ....they get it wrong. At least Isbitts is smart enough to stick to regurgitating other people's stories ....although it's not like he has any other choice. Hard to acquire sources when you never leave your mom's basement.

Typical inaccurate hatespeak from you Dolorous. JoeBucsFan.com is a fully credentialed media outlet by the Buccaneers and routinely delivers news first, in addition to commentary on Bucs news from all sources.

Beat it , hack .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 20, 2012, 08:24:09 PM

I don't think anyone has posted Florio's response.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/19/ronde-barber-bristles-at-pft-report/

Maybe cuz nobody's interested...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde says Florio lied (made **CENSORED** up). « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools