Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What has Josh Freeman done in four years to improve? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 16

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: December 19, 2012, 04:14:13 PM

Anyone?

Bueller?  Bueller?

He has lost weight so he can be slower, that is...wait...what the eff is that?

He has really worked on his progressions.  Oh, that is Collin Kaepernick who is working on that. Next year when Freeman matures, he will attempt to think about practicing this.

He has really shown a lot of touch on his mid range passing game.  Errr...no?  Not even that?

How about this then, Freeman has honed his deep ball to the point where it is all he will ever need to be considered a statistical success at the NFL level.  yeah, thats it!

IMPROVEMENT!!

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 19, 2012, 05:18:58 PM

Pre-snap analysis. He's pretty good at adjusting protections so that he doesn't get sacked. If he had any kind of mobility left, and took off to run at more opportune times, he would probably have less than 10 sacks on him this year.

He's also better at pre-snap reads, to the point that he relies on it too much to find the open receiver. People accuse him of just lobbing it up and making the receivers make plays, but those aren't the majority of his passes. The majority of his passes do actually have some kind of accuracy behind them, they just rely too much on practice. If the timing or read is slightly off than what he expected in his head from his pre-snap reads, he will just make a messy throw. I think that he should take a dance class or something, because he looks very awkward when trying to move and re-adjust his feet. His initial drop back is pretty good, but then if he has to move to 2nd or 3rd progressions, he will just move his feet in an awkward way and have poor mechanics behind his throw. It's also about how he telegraphs his stance before throwing to a 2nd or 3rd progression. Good QBs will read their 2nd target and then adjust themselves in a split second to make a good throw, and it leaves the defense no time to adjust. Freeman re-adjusts poorly, then he makes the read a bit too late, and by then the defense is in a good position on the receiver and he's forced to make a more accurate throw than his mechanics allow.

His deep ball is a bit better too.

Other than that, yeah, he's not progressed, and actually regressed in some aspects of his game.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 19, 2012, 05:21:17 PM

That is a good retort, yes yes, his presnap reads.  Excellent.  He is constantly looking for ways to stymie a blitz or adjust line games, but when he is faced with a blitz,he is an abysmal QB.  So he knows he is going to panic as soon as he sees a blitz...great.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : December 19, 2012, 05:27:02 PM

Not sure you can actually pre-plan panic.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 19, 2012, 05:31:21 PM

That is a good retort, yes yes, his presnap reads.  Excellent.  He is constantly looking for ways to stymie a blitz or adjust line games, but when he is faced with a blitz,he is an abysmal QB.  So he knows he is going to panic as soon as he sees a blitz...great.

Yeah pretty much.

Just like football is a game of inches, being a good player is a matter of very small things. He has the physical ability and the mental knowledge of the game, the execution just requires more refinement of the small things. I just hope that this process is completed by the start of next year.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 19, 2012, 05:36:44 PM

What has Josh Freeman done in four years to improve?

Well, to be honest, he did improve his haircut. I don't hear the nickname "Soul Glo" floating around too much anymore.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 19, 2012, 06:44:10 PM

He's gotten better at avoiding intentional grounding calls when he's throwing it away by pretending to try and hit his checkdowns.

Stratobuc

Starter
#7 : December 19, 2012, 06:45:35 PM

Work with three different coordinators in four years.

Another troll thread.....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 19, 2012, 06:50:57 PM

i literally lol'd at that..... and the saddest part of that statement is its true. I've never seen anything like it in my life!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

gone

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 19, 2012, 06:56:51 PM

i literally lol'd at that..... and the saddest part of that statement is its true. I've never seen anything like it in my life!!

Sometimes I wonder if someone gave him the slims.  Makes as much sense as the pill popping theory.    Josh's lack of running is a real headscratcher to me.  He would help himself hugely if he would take off with some frequency, and he's got o know that.  The defense would have to respect that.  He's supposed to be this athletic stud, but he acts like a statue now.   So, is he afraid to run?  Is his heart not in it?  Or is it something physical?  He does look clumsier and slower when scrambling these days, and that's not age, he's still in puberty apparently.  I think the answer to this question might also be the answer to some others.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 19, 2012, 07:04:48 PM

Sometimes I wonder if someone gave him the slims.  Makes as much sense as the pill popping theory. 
Pardon my ignorance but what is "someone gave him the slims". 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 19, 2012, 07:09:04 PM

He does look clumsier and slower when scrambling these days, and that's not age, he's still in puberty apparently. 

Thats what i don't get!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 19, 2012, 07:11:04 PM

Sometimes I wonder if someone gave him the slims.  Makes as much sense as the pill popping theory. 

aids.

rblrdr

Rookie

#13 : December 19, 2012, 07:25:04 PM

aids.

Your skill set is absolutely wonderful for trolling day time soap opera threads.

... assuming of course that they still even air day time soap operas.
: December 19, 2012, 07:26:48 PM rblrdr

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 19, 2012, 07:47:53 PM

Your skill set obviously doesn't include reading comprehension.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What has Josh Freeman done in four years to improve? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools