Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What has Josh Freeman done in four years to improve? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 19, 2012, 08:00:07 PM

He has lost weight so he can be slower, that is...wait...what the eff is that?

i literally lol'd at that..... and the saddest part of that statement is its true. I've never seen anything like it in my life!!

It's actually easily explained ...it's because Jdouble said losing weight was going to improve all aspects of Freeman's game. He endorsed it . The curse was in at that point....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

rblrdr

Rookie

#16 : December 19, 2012, 08:11:01 PM

Your skill set obviously doesn't include reading comprehension.

What part of your one word spelling is it that went over my comprehension level?

Other than the worldwide pandemrix-like definition?

... just curious.

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 19, 2012, 08:18:41 PM

Your skill set obviously doesn't include reading comprehension.

What part of your one word spelling is it that went over my comprehension level?

Other than the worldwide pandemrix-like definition?

... just curious.

You seem to have mistaken me for one of the people here that like to get into personal spats and namecall back and forth through multiple threads.  But that's not how I roll. When I come across an idiot like you who can't read and just wants to toss insults around, I just click the Big Red "X" and resume enjoying the board with one less jerk to read.  If you really couldn't see the point of what I wrote, maybe someone else can break out some crayons for you but it's not worth my time.

rblrdr

Rookie

#18 : December 19, 2012, 08:32:17 PM

It's not worth your time but yet you took the time to reply.

yeah, that makes sense.

Anyone who compares an athletes REASONABLE weight loss to "aids" , a worldwide epidemic that's claimed MILLIONS of lives,  can click all the X's he wants.

... whatever it takes to upkeep your shallow, ignorant bubble. Did it ever ever occur to you to keep football discussions about football without vomiting your estrogen laced drama all over a sports thread? 

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 19, 2012, 08:35:10 PM

I must agree the "giving him the slims" thing is  a ridiculous thing to type...

rblrdr

Rookie

#20 : December 19, 2012, 08:56:16 PM

"the "giving him the slims" thing is  a ridiculous thing "

I haven't spent the last 2 years working in African Shelters so that some shallow, MALL QUEEN,  can say that "aids" is a suitable retort to a multimillionaires athlete weight loss is an           ineffective sports remedy.

GROW UP!

This is a football board, not a ..."who's more shallow board".

If you wanna talk football, there's no need to mock people k-illing plaques.
: December 19, 2012, 08:59:55 PM rblrdr

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 19, 2012, 08:59:14 PM

I don't know but he does take credit for engineering a top 10 scoring offense in the NFL. Lets just fix the D and worry about a QB last.

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 19, 2012, 09:18:04 PM

So is starting a thread claiming inside info that he's addicted to pills, which was the point

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 19, 2012, 09:30:40 PM

I see not much has been mentioned about his improvements over the last four years.  Hmmm...is that because he has hit his ceiling already?  Is he exactly as advertised the last four years?  Or after year 5 is he going to magically grow some beans and become a QB with an even average skill set?

We know what he can do.  That is he can throw the ball really hard and a country mile, and when he wants to, he can actually move/run. 

So far he has reduced his accuracy, has not improved his ability to read a field, meander through his progressions, look off a safety, hit a receiver in stride consistently, and has major issues versus a blitz.  In thise moments you can often see 5 throwing errantly to a receiver off his back foot.

After four years in the NFL, he should have developed some marginal skills.  Missing a route is one thing, but you aint telling me with a straight face that he is missing his targets at such an alarming rate due to mishaps with the read/react?  No freaking waaaay man.

The guy is an average at best QB.  Cannot wait to see him against the Rams...it will be curious to see what becomes of Freeman.  By far, this is the most criticism and scrutiny he has ever faced as a football player,and ironically it comes on the heels of his most productive season...

Can you imagine how much better he would be if he could actually throw a ball?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 19, 2012, 09:39:35 PM

What would you call that throw to VJax to tie the Carolina game? He can throw, dude is just wildly inconsistent. Can that be fixed? Maybe. Unless something crazy happens he will be here next year for a chance to get himself together.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 19, 2012, 09:40:39 PM

That throw was beautiful.  Best one of his entire career.  Too bad he cannot replicate those throws.

Too bad I have seen him throw a lot of dirtballs, airballs, and shclitballs.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 19, 2012, 09:41:45 PM

I see not much has been mentioned about his improvements over the last four years.  Hmmm...is that because he has hit his ceiling already?  Is he exactly as advertised the last four years?  Or after year 5 is he going to magically grow some beans and become a QB with an even average skill set?

We know what he can do.  That is he can throw the ball really hard and a country mile, and when he wants to, he can actually move/run. 

So far he has reduced his accuracy, has not improved his ability to read a field, meander through his progressions, look off a safety, hit a receiver in stride consistently, and has major issues versus a blitz.  In thise moments you can often see 5 throwing errantly to a receiver off his back foot.

After four years in the NFL, he should have developed some marginal skills.  Missing a route is one thing, but you aint telling me with a straight face that he is missing his targets at such an alarming rate due to mishaps with the read/react?  No freaking waaaay man.

The guy is an average at best QB.  Cannot wait to see him against the Rams...it will be curious to see what becomes of Freeman.  By far, this is the most criticism and scrutiny he has ever faced as a football player,and ironically it comes on the heels of his most productive season...

Can you imagine how much better he would be if he could actually throw a ball?

He is what he is.  I don't see any major change coming as his issues don't appear to be ones that will change with time.  On the one hand you can win with him if you have a good enough team.  On the other hand of course you can say that for a lot of QBs.  You said it yourself, he's average-ish.  I agree that you can't get better if you don't take a chance.  You can also get worse.  Freeman's in  a frustrating spot for everyone -  he teases enough and has some deceptive stats that can indicate he deserves a big check.  But he's also struggled enough that you have to be nervous giving it to him and getting stuck with him if he doesn't get better by whatever age people think he's finally out of the "only 24" excuse.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 19, 2012, 09:44:30 PM

I would rather the BUcs try to improve their team.  QB included.

I like watching stud QB throw the ball around.  They are rare, but that is why you keep looking.  You get those guys, lock them up for big loot, and win games for a decade plus, stay competitive for a decade plus.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 19, 2012, 09:44:58 PM

I think I hear an echo. 

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 19, 2012, 09:46:41 PM

If the team thinks for a second he may not end up the answer then they HAVE to keep looking and trying. Is the the best option right now? I suppose so. It wont always be that way.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What has Josh Freeman done in four years to improve? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools