Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What has Josh Freeman done in four years to improve? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#225 : December 24, 2012, 09:38:56 PM

I am also realistic about the situation......the issue is our perspective on said reality differs.

So you think he has absolutely no shot to be our QB for the future?

I think he will never be any better than what he is.....wildly inconsistant.

I respect that you think that, but the fact is that he still CAN get his **CENSORED** together and become a great QB. And I really don't think he has been as bad as most people on here think. Not saying he WILL be our guy for the next 10 years, but there is still a chance and I want to give him 1 more year to show us if he can when the o-line is healthy and the pass defense is improved.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#226 : December 24, 2012, 09:39:09 PM

I am also realistic about the situation......the issue is our perspective on said reality differs.

I think that's fair. He really hasn't shown much so why would anybody have the confidence he could be more? I just see his potential and see that as something you don't take for granted. You want to maximize that. Even if it does take 5 years. Thing is they better figure that out soon or he's as good as gone. Just like most who come into this league.
: December 24, 2012, 10:39:43 PM BucBalla85

Hate

Hall of Famer
#227 : December 24, 2012, 10:38:22 PM

I respect that you think that, but the fact is that he still CAN get his **CENSORED** together and become a great QB. And I really don't think he has been as bad as most people on here think. Not saying he WILL be our guy for the next 10 years, but there is still a chance and I want to give him 1 more year to show us if he can when the o-line is healthy and the pass defense is improved.

1 more? Why stop there.... how bout we just lock him up for 10 more. I mean, he's only 24, right??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#228 : December 24, 2012, 10:40:05 PM

I gotta give credit where credit is due, though. Free finally accepted responsibility for his crap play. That's a big step.... and i've been waiting for that for a while. If only the Freepologists would do the same.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#229 : December 24, 2012, 10:50:40 PM

That post is laughable.
You do know those games became "meaningless" and losses because of the poor play of Josh.
You have even an average/consistent QB and we win some of those "meaningless" games and they are no longer meaningless.

Those games became meaningless because we have the worst pass defense in NFL history, this year anyway.
Right so not scoring a single point and having our QB throw 4 INTs in a game against the team with the worst D in the league (by a large margin) is the fault of the pass D, last I checked we could have held them to 10 yards and a FG and still lost that game 3-0?
Not scoring a point in the 1st half of a game and then only milking 77 seconds off the clock with under 4 minutes left to hold onto a lead after the D held the other team to 16 points is due to the pass D?
We lost because the D allowed 196 yards passing not because the offense only managed to get in position to score 13 points and Josh threw 4 INTs including a pick 6.

Yeah we lost those games due to pass defense.

***NEWSFLASH***
While we might have a bad pass D that is the way the league is now, sure we ae setting a record for most yards allowed but you know which 2 teams will be 2nd & 3rd on the list?
2 playoff teams from last season, including a Super Bowl team.
Yards allowed means nothing in todays NFL, it's all about the scores allowed
Washington are playoff bound and have allowed the same number of passing TDs as us
Texans & Pats just 2 less than us.
The Rams and Dolphins COMBINED have allowed just 2 more TDs than us and awill be in the same place as the Bucs come January.

Do you see any pattern there?
The ones that allow TDs like us have good QBs like Rodgers, Brady, Schaub, RG3.
The ones that don't allow TDs don't matter because they have average at best QBs like Tannerhill & Bradford.
It's all about the QB, you don't have one of those you don't have a chance but you can easily go all the way with a historically bad unit on D.

There isn't a single person on here blaming the defense for our past 2 losses. Where are you getting this from? It's the games before (the one's that actually mattered) where the defense cost us some games.

Bringing up the Rams and Dolphins just proves our point even more. Freeman is better than Tannehill and Bradford and if we had good pass D's like the Dolphins and Rams, we would be in the playoffs.
There's not a single person blaming the D?
That's strange being as the person I was replying to and quoted so it was right there for you to see said...
"He's throwing picks in meaningless games so trade him?"
"Those games became meaningless because we have the worst pass defense in NFL history, this year anyway."

Lets all hope you get glasses and reading lessons for Christmas.

Pretty sure you are the one who needs glasses and the reading lessons. You were using the last 2 games as an example of people blaming losses on the D. The past 2 games weren't the D's fault. That guy is saying the D was at fault for other games this year (NYG, Saints first time, Eagles, etc) and he is correct in saying that.

These past 2 games would have been meaningful if we had a defense that could stop the pass.
HELLO!!!
It's one of your ilk, looking for excuses to cover for Freeman that called those games meaningless.
NO game in the NFL is meaningless, win lose or draw it has meaning be it making the playoffs, draft position, simple pride.
Funny how you say "You were using the last 2 games as an example" when I clearly used 3 games, also you are struggling with that reading thing again, here is his comment once again, maybe it will sink in this time....
Where were the picks by Josh in that first Saints game you claim he's talking about?
How about the Eagles game?
He's the one clearly talking about the past 2 games where Josh managed to double his INT total for the season.

How exactly is a week 15 game (that we lost) when we are still in the playoff hunt meaningless?
A win over the Saints late in the year has just as much meaning as a win over them early in the year.

First of all, why are you typing like such an idiot? I can barely understand what you are even saying.

Second of all, I wasn't counting the Eagles game because how could you not blame the defense for that one? We had a 11 point lead with 5 minutes to go and they let Nick Foles drive down the field twice to win the game. And he almost threw for 400 yards? What defense lets Nick **CENSORED**ing Foles throw for 400 yards and lets him get a game winning drive as time expires? The answer to that is a defense that is full of a bunch of scrubs in the secondary.

The Saints game was meaningless because we were out of the playoff hunt by then. Let's be honest, we were out once we lost to Denver. Someone even made a thread here saying 'we could still make the playoffs' and everyone was saying he was crazy and it would never happen.

I'm not saying it is acceptable for Freeman to play like he has the past 2 weeks, but to say the Saints game was still meaningful for a playoff spot is just silly.
Care to point at what was typed like an idiot?
If you couldn't understand simple English it explains a lot.

Who cares what games you were counting, it was what games the other guy was counting that was being talked about and then you stuck your nose in with comments like "There isn't a single person on here blaming the defense for our past 2 losses." when that clearly isn't the case.
As for as how many yards Foles threw for, who cares, last I checked you don't win the game based on most yardage gained, did we beat the Rams, I mean we gained 153 more yards than they did so I guess all the reports were wrong.
He threw for 2 TDs (see, it's total number of POINTS that matter, not when they were gained or how many yards you picked up) and if the offense had bothered to milk more than 77 seconds off the clock on their last drive (after failing to put a single point of the board in the 1st half) and/or we had a better punt it would have been just 1.
The pass D didn't lose that game, it was a team effort.

We were out of the playoff hunt after the Broncos game?
Talk about rewriting history.
We were 6-6 and 2nd in our division with 4 games to go, the team currently holding the 6th seed was also 6-6 but 3rd in their division.
What was the Cowboys record at that point, oh wait it was 6-6.
Redskin? what you you know they were 6-6.
So please, explain how we were out of the hunt at that point when we had the same record as a buch of teams fighting over playoff spots right now., I'm begging you, this should be good.
Hell we were still only a game back on them going into the Saints game so we were hardly out of it.

Lets face facts, if the offense puts the Eagles game away by running out the clock or puts us in position for just a FG in the first half we win, then if Josh doesn't give the Rams the game we are still in the thick of the playoff hunt right now.
As an added bonus we'd most likely not be seeing all the backlash against Josh because winning "covers up" all the bad things in a lot of peoples eyes.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#230 : December 24, 2012, 11:20:01 PM

1 more? Why stop there.... how bout we just lock him up for 10 more. I mean, he's only 24, right??

Next year is the end of his contract and he'll have a full year of experience with the new offense. The pass defense should get improved over the off-season. There shouldn't be any reason why Freeman plays poorly next year unless he just isn't good. We'll see, I'm hoping for the best.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#231 : December 24, 2012, 11:33:48 PM

That post is laughable.
You do know those games became "meaningless" and losses because of the poor play of Josh.
You have even an average/consistent QB and we win some of those "meaningless" games and they are no longer meaningless.

Those games became meaningless because we have the worst pass defense in NFL history, this year anyway.
Right so not scoring a single point and having our QB throw 4 INTs in a game against the team with the worst D in the league (by a large margin) is the fault of the pass D, last I checked we could have held them to 10 yards and a FG and still lost that game 3-0?
Not scoring a point in the 1st half of a game and then only milking 77 seconds off the clock with under 4 minutes left to hold onto a lead after the D held the other team to 16 points is due to the pass D?
We lost because the D allowed 196 yards passing not because the offense only managed to get in position to score 13 points and Josh threw 4 INTs including a pick 6.

Yeah we lost those games due to pass defense.

***NEWSFLASH***
While we might have a bad pass D that is the way the league is now, sure we ae setting a record for most yards allowed but you know which 2 teams will be 2nd & 3rd on the list?
2 playoff teams from last season, including a Super Bowl team.
Yards allowed means nothing in todays NFL, it's all about the scores allowed
Washington are playoff bound and have allowed the same number of passing TDs as us
Texans & Pats just 2 less than us.
The Rams and Dolphins COMBINED have allowed just 2 more TDs than us and awill be in the same place as the Bucs come January.

Do you see any pattern there?
The ones that allow TDs like us have good QBs like Rodgers, Brady, Schaub, RG3.
The ones that don't allow TDs don't matter because they have average at best QBs like Tannerhill & Bradford.
It's all about the QB, you don't have one of those you don't have a chance but you can easily go all the way with a historically bad unit on D.

There isn't a single person on here blaming the defense for our past 2 losses. Where are you getting this from? It's the games before (the one's that actually mattered) where the defense cost us some games.

Bringing up the Rams and Dolphins just proves our point even more. Freeman is better than Tannehill and Bradford and if we had good pass D's like the Dolphins and Rams, we would be in the playoffs.
There's not a single person blaming the D?
That's strange being as the person I was replying to and quoted so it was right there for you to see said...
"Those games became meaningless because we have the worst pass defense in NFL history, this year anyway."

Lets all hope you get glasses and reading lessons for Christmas.

Pretty sure you are the one who needs glasses and the reading lessons. You were using the last 2 games as an example of people blaming losses on the D. The past 2 games weren't the D's fault. That guy is saying the D was at fault for other games this year (NYG, Saints first time, Eagles, etc) and he is correct in saying that.

These past 2 games would have been meaningful if we had a defense that could stop the pass.
HELLO!!!
It's one of your ilk, looking for excuses to cover for Freeman that called those games meaningless.
NO game in the NFL is meaningless, win lose or draw it has meaning be it making the playoffs, draft position, simple pride.
Funny how you say "You were using the last 2 games as an example" when I clearly used 3 games, also you are struggling with that reading thing again, here is his comment once again, maybe it will sink in this time....
Where were the picks by Josh in that first Saints game you claim he's talking about?
How about the Eagles game?
He's the one clearly talking about the past 2 games where Josh managed to double his INT total for the season.

How exactly is a week 15 game (that we lost) when we are still in the playoff hunt meaningless?
A win over the Saints late in the year has just as much meaning as a win over them early in the year.

First of all, why are you typing like such an idiot? I can barely understand what you are even saying.

Second of all, I wasn't counting the Eagles game because how could you not blame the defense for that one? We had a 11 point lead with 5 minutes to go and they let Nick Foles drive down the field twice to win the game. And he almost threw for 400 yards? What defense lets Nick **CENSORED**ing Foles throw for 400 yards and lets him get a game winning drive as time expires? The answer to that is a defense that is full of a bunch of scrubs in the secondary.

The Saints game was meaningless because we were out of the playoff hunt by then. Let's be honest, we were out once we lost to Denver. Someone even made a thread here saying 'we could still make the playoffs' and everyone was saying he was crazy and it would never happen.

I'm not saying it is acceptable for Freeman to play like he has the past 2 weeks, but to say the Saints game was still meaningful for a playoff spot is just silly.

Who cares what games you were counting, it was what games the other guy was counting that was being talked about and then you stuck your nose in with comments like "There isn't a single person on here blaming the defense for our past 2 losses." when that clearly isn't the case.
As for as how many yards Foles threw for, who cares, last I checked you don't win the game based on most yardage gained, did we beat the Rams, I mean we gained 153 more yards than they did so I guess all the reports were wrong.
He threw for 2 TDs (see, it's total number of POINTS that matter, not when they were gained or how many yards you picked up) and if the offense had bothered to milk more than 77 seconds off the clock on their last drive (after failing to put a single point of the board in the 1st half) and/or we had a better punt it would have been just 1.

We were 6-6 and 2nd in our division with 4 games to go, the team currently holding the 6th seed was also 6-6 but 3rd in their division.
So please, explain how we were out of the hunt at that point when we had the same record as a buch of teams fighting over playoff spots right now., I'm begging you, this should be good.
Hell we were still only a game back on them going into the Saints game so we were hardly out of it.

Lets face facts, if the offense puts the Eagles game away by running out the clock or puts us in position for just a FG in the first half we win, then if Josh doesn't give the Rams the game we are still in the thick of the playoff hunt right now.
As an added bonus we'd most likely not be seeing all the backlash against Josh because winning "covers up" all the bad things in a lot of peoples eyes.

Use paragraphs instead of hitting enter after every sentence so it's actually readable.

And like I said, Freeman put the team in the position to win the game, despite playing a **CENSORED**ty first half. We were up by 11 with 5 minutes to go, and the defense **CENSORED** the bed and allowed 2 TD's. You're blaming Freeman for not milking the clock out more? Seriously? He wasn't even given a chance to throw the ball? Is it Freeman's fault that Ted Larsen had to be an idiot and make a holding penalty at a crucial time? Is it Freeman's fault that Schiano is conservative and wanted to give the defense a shot to stop Nick Foles? Come the **CENSORED** on dude.

Dude, everyone was saying we weren't making the playoffs after the Broncos game. Hell, a lot of people even said it after the Falcons game. The Cowboys and Redskins may have had the same record as us but they also held the tiebreaker over us. The only way we were making the playoffs this year was if we were to win out. You're seriously blaming this all on Freeman for not winning out?

Let's face the facts. If the defense doesn't **CENSORED** the bed against the Giants, Redskins and Eagles (not even going to mention the Saints game), we're playing for a playoff spot this week.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#232 : December 25, 2012, 01:27:38 AM

Use paragraphs instead of hitting enter after every sentence so it's actually readable.

And like I said, Freeman put the team in the position to win the game, despite playing a **CENSORED**ty first half. We were up by 11 with 5 minutes to go, and the defense **CENSORED** the bed and allowed 2 TD's. You're blaming Freeman for not milking the clock out more? Seriously? He wasn't even given a chance to throw the ball? Is it Freeman's fault that Ted Larsen had to be an idiot and make a holding penalty at a crucial time? Is it Freeman's fault that Schiano is conservative and wanted to give the defense a shot to stop Nick Foles? Come the **CENSORED** on dude.

Dude, everyone was saying we weren't making the playoffs after the Broncos game. Hell, a lot of people even said it after the Falcons game. The Cowboys and Redskins may have had the same record as us but they also held the tiebreaker over us. The only way we were making the playoffs this year was if we were to win out. You're seriously blaming this all on Freeman for not winning out?

Let's face the facts. If the defense doesn't **CENSORED** the bed against the Giants, Redskins and Eagles (not even going to mention the Saints game), we're playing for a playoff spot this week.

Man you seriously have a problem with English if you can't read it simply because it's not in the layout you like.

Care to point out where I blame Freeman for not milking the clock or is this you once again misreading something, here's a helping hand...
"if the OFFENSE puts the Eagles game away by running out the clock or puts us in position for just a FG"
Is Josh all 11 players?
Why are you trying to argue points that weren't even made?
Maybe if you tried debating what was actually said rather than invent points this might go a little smoother.

As far as tie breakers with other teams and what SOME fans were saying, none of that matters.
At that moment in time we were in the thick of the playoff hunt and therefore the games cannot be considered meaningless.
Back then it wasn't a lock that we needed to win out, teams implode and injuries happen, just look at the Bears and our Bucs.

Again, it doesn't matter, a loss is a loss.
The point is, and you seem to be missing this, that even with those losses you mention the games later in the season were NOT meaningless because we were still in the hunt.
We too would still be playing for a playoff spot next week if we won 2 of the last 3, which was very possible if the offense didn't disappear for large chunks of the Eagles game and Josh didn't hand St Louis the game on a silver platter,
The pass D has been awful all season, we've won with it, we've lost with it, we know what we're getting and expect that you will need to work around it, the same can't be said about Josh and the offense. You simply don't know what you are getting, how do you expect that your QB is going to throw 4 INTs for the 2nd straight week and plan around that?

Did you even bother to look at & compare the numbers for our pass D during the last 5 games and during the 4 game winning streak?
314.5 yards and 2.25 TDs allowed a game to QBs like Rivers, Newton, Ponder, Palmer
295.8 yards and 2.4 TDs allowed a game to QBs like Brees, Manning, Ryan, Bradford, Foles,
Based on the numbers and who they were playing it looks like the pass D has improved, so why did we go from winning 4 straight to losing 5 straight?
I wonder if something on the offensive side changed
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What has Josh Freeman done in four years to improve? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools