Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets set to shop Sanchez, dump Tebow. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: December 19, 2012, 09:40:11 PM

The Jets will explore all options with Sanchez, including a trade, and the team plans to part ways with Tebow after the season, league sources said Wednesday.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8763411/new-york-jets-shop-mark-sanchez-part-ways-tim-tebow-according-sources

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- A clearly miffed Tim Tebow, no longer masking his season-long frustration, left no doubt Wednesday he's unhappy with his role on the New York Jets and will seek to play elsewhere next season.

Tebow, upset he was passed over for the starting quarterback job, spoke of the Jets in the past tense, admitting he doesn't understand why they traded for him last March. Asked if he envisions returning to the team in 2013, he said, "I'm not sure. It's something we'll talk about after the season."

The backup quarterback is expected to ask out, clarifying, "I haven't asked for a trade yet" -- the word "yet" hanging in the air. He's signed through 2014.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8763411/tim-tebow-frustrated-mark-sanchez-disagrees-new-york-jets-decision-start-greg-mcelroy
: December 19, 2012, 11:37:14 PM BFT+C

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 19, 2012, 09:41:56 PM

I laughed when I saw this earlier.

What the hell did he expect?  Ryan puts a guy like that  in, and the offense struggles even MORE, then no doubt Ryan gets canned.  As is right now, Ryan might survive the cuts.  Might.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 19, 2012, 09:55:12 PM

Who would want him at this point?

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 19, 2012, 09:57:05 PM

Java?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 19, 2012, 09:58:41 PM

Java?
... And who else?

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 19, 2012, 10:03:45 PM

Someone will take a chance on him, but he's proven to be too much of a locker room cancer at this point for most teams.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 19, 2012, 10:31:04 PM

That article and the quotes just scream"out of context" to me.  I think the writer is just trying to stir the pot.

Someone will take a chance on him, but he's proven to be too much of a locker room cancer at this point for most teams.

Sad thing is it's the media that's the real cancer with their circus act around the guy.  Someone will take him and try and use him as a wildcat again.  I think the hate for the guy caught the Jets off guard and in that kind of undisciplined atmosphere it got bad enough they couldn't use him like they wanted to.  Whatever team does bring him in (and one will) also needs to have a stable QB situation and set boundaries at the outset, that he is NEVER going to be the starter.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 19, 2012, 10:38:18 PM

He would make a pretty good TE IMO.   But he may not be up for that, he may thgink he is the next Tom Brady if he only could get the opportunity.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bashear

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 19, 2012, 10:41:44 PM

That article and the quotes just scream"out of context" to me.  I think the writer is just trying to stir the pot.

Sad thing is it's the media that's the real cancer with their circus act around the guy.  Someone will take him and try and use him as a wildcat again.  I think the hate for the guy caught the Jets off guard and in that kind of undisciplined atmosphere it got bad enough they couldn't use him like they wanted to.  Whatever team does bring him in (and one will) also needs to have a stable QB situation and set boundaries at the outset, that he is NEVER going to be the starter.
Agreed that the media is the circus in this case, but I sense that the media's interest is starting to wane. Perhaps getting out of New York will help. His landing spot? Who knows? What GM wants to take the chance that the media's excessive interest will heat up if he lands on your team? Is he a coach-killer?

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 19, 2012, 11:37:30 PM

Thread title updated, didn't want to start a new thread.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 19, 2012, 11:43:09 PM

Shop Sanchez lol... If the jets get anything more than a ham sandwich for that guy then they made out like bandits.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 19, 2012, 11:48:54 PM

This is getting interesting! All of the Freeman critics may get what they want in Tebow.  You know the owners want to sell tickets.  Tebow comes cheap.

nick777777

Starter
#12 : December 20, 2012, 12:26:17 AM

If the Bucs signed him and used him in the wildcat or moved him to tight end they would probably sell more tickets.  For whatever reason he brings hype and excitement to a stadium.  I don't think we traded for him because to many people would want a QB controversy when he is an awful QB.  I think it's time Tebow looks at changing positions.  Everyone knew he wasn't going to make it in this league as a QB but he does have amazing leadership and plays with heart two traits you just can't teach.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 20, 2012, 12:54:58 AM

The only problem is a majority of the stadium would be yelling for Tebow when Freeman has a bad stretch no matter what position he plays. Lol! Sort of kidding there but not really.  He simply brings a lot of baggage and it isn't even his fault. It would be worth it for the Glazers to try him at TE.  He is as tall as Clark.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 20, 2012, 01:26:27 AM

Instant QB controversy if he came here.   No thanks.   We have enough probs as it is at the QB position.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets set to shop Sanchez, dump Tebow. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools