Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets set to shop Sanchez, dump Tebow. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #30 : December 20, 2012, 08:01:20 AM »

Who would want him at this point?

Jacksonville if they want to sell tickets for a season or two.
Tampa is even more desperate in that hunt, if you ask me.

Cutting prices, reallypushing themselves to sell tix...

Tebow would be a guy who could sell that stadium out, no doubt!  But the Bucs have to utilize him, and where exactly would he play (NOT QB!!)?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #31 : December 20, 2012, 08:07:28 AM »

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/from_sanchise_sanchez_clown_prince_j8ye8uTprs1zzMOqEJAIRP?utm_campaign=OutbrainA&utm_source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsite

Insinuates the JETS wanted Freeman...until they talked to Snatchez.

Jack Rabbit Slim

Hall of Famer

« #32 : December 20, 2012, 08:07:36 AM »

Who would want him at this point?

Jacksonville if they want to sell tickets for a season or two.
Tampa is even more desperate in that hunt, if you ask me.

Cutting prices, reallypushing themselves to sell tix...

Tebow would be a guy who could sell that stadium out, no doubt! 

Sad part is it would be fair weather fans purchasing the tickets just to see the next coming of jesus on the sidelines. Guy was good in college but I don't think he has it for the NFL.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #33 : December 20, 2012, 08:14:06 AM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-mark-sanchez-trade-michael-vick-tim-tebow-121912

And the fiasco just keeps growing...literally exponentially!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #34 : December 20, 2012, 09:39:23 AM »

That's just crazy boid. Thx for posting that tidbit.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

El Diablo

Starter

« #35 : December 20, 2012, 09:57:58 AM »

I love the way this article starts.

Whomever decides to seek fame and fortune in the big city and chase a Super Bowl with the Jets better understand the place is a wasteland, a hell-hole where the devil to whom Joe Namath sold his soul is diabolically under orders to stick his pitchfork into a quarterback’s heart and soul and leave his dream smoldering in ruin.

A Bermuda Triangle so treacherous it can swallow up young Sanshise quarterbacks and Tebowmania whole.

My warning to the next victim: Come here at your own risk.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/tebow_love_affair_with_jets_clearly_S0BqmoKykfF1yurAYsfMxM

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #36 : December 20, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »

Best place for Tebow is somewhere that the starter is entrenched so there wont be a QB controversy, and where the starter is a pure pocket passer so that their skillsets are completely different.

Ironically, this makes Denver the perfect match.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #37 : December 20, 2012, 11:35:21 AM »

best place for Tebow is the phillipines doing missionary work.  (not quite, make it chicago or something).  the media will never allow tebow to be anything but a circus.  his story will never go away, and no NFL team will give him the years it would take to properly judge him (or so says his supporters)  the blame falls partially on tebow, he sure doesnt avoid the spotlight, but i dont believe he craves it either.  even if tebow changes positions, the media wouldnt let it rest and work itself out...every week major headlines on the number of Tebow plays.  its sad, understandable, but still sad imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #38 : December 20, 2012, 11:42:56 AM »

Oh, he craves the spotlight. Judging by the abortion thing and how he's doing commercials, to getting his own stuff copyrighted.

Its a few of the reasons I believe he's a "fake" Christian. It sells and keeps them talking about him.

Heck, Doug martin could make a killing selling muscle hamster items under his own copyright, but he isn't.

Tebow craves attention and money, but doesn't exactly have the talent for it. He'll be a high paid ESPN guy, an announcer, or a politician one day. Mark my words.
« : December 20, 2012, 11:46:28 AM Benchwarmer#1 »

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 20, 2012, 11:45:04 AM »

Best place for Tebow is somewhere that the starter is entrenched so there wont be a QB controversy, and where the starter is a pure pocket passer so that their skillsets are completely different.

I could see that. They already embraced him there once already. Thats a good fit for him.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #40 : December 20, 2012, 11:47:50 AM »

11/15/12 Colin Cowherd: "I save my sympathies for crack babies, burn victims, wounded veterans, and hurricane survivors. Not $30 million net worth, publicity seeking backup QBs who get anonymously ripped. I don't want to pick on Tebow, because he's a great human being, right?...but let's not paint Tebow as a victim. Number one, the media always seems to find him when he is out in LA or Vegas. Lots of people go to LA and Vegas, lots of stars, they can hide. The media ALWAYS gets tipped off that Timmy Tebow is in Vegas or LA. Clooney can be there for a month, you never hear of it...cause PR people don't tip off TMZ.com. Number two, last May Tebow released a book. Wasn't he seeking readers and publicity? Number three, he Trademarked "Tebowing", and continues to do it. Number four, he chose New York as much as New York chose him. Remember Tebow claiming at the introductory press conference, "I had nothing to do with it"? The next day John Elway told a Denver radio station that Tebow was consulted all through Wednesday after an initial deal with the Jets fell through in a money dispute and Tebow's hometown Jags rejoined the trade discussions. According to Elway's description, proof that Tebow had the final choice, was the fact that the Broncos ended up settling for worse money and less draft picks from the Jets than from the new Jacksonville owner. So come on! He goes on a date with anybody, it's on TMZ.com. People in Vegas and LA have affairs for 20 years and nobody sees it. Tebow walks into town, goes to a swingset with his cute country-western star girlfriend, and it's all over newspapers. It's all over the internet. Come on. Let's not paint him as this hopeless lamb being slaaaaughtered by the media. Him just a widdle guy twying to survive. Come on. What's the old saying? I was born at night, not last night. Does everybody forget that running in the rain moment? You remember that the media in New York gathered around the practice field, it's all rainy. You remember how that worked, the slow-motion. Yea, like that wasn't planned. I like him, he's a great kid, but he's human. He knows its attention for the brand "Tebow". He chose New York, just like they chose him. He could have gone to Jacksonville. The guys got Hollywood movie hunk looks, got great DNA, a relationship with the man upstairs that I certainly don't have., $30 million in the bank, and a brand for the next 50 years that will set him and his family up for life. I'm not anti-Tebow, I'm anti-being a sucker. It's that old saying, don't pee on my boots and tell me it's raining...don't try to sell me that Tebow is a victim."

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #41 : December 20, 2012, 11:48:56 AM »

Tebow isn't without blame. He's putting it out there that he's unhappy in New York and wants to be traded or released. He's bringing the media attention to himself.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #42 : December 20, 2012, 11:52:44 AM »

Tebow isn't without blame. He's putting it out there that he's unhappy in New York and wants to be traded or released. He's bringing the media attention to himself.

FAIL.    That's the first time in his entire career he's ever expressed being unhappy anywhere.    And any QB who would not express being unhappy given those circumstances would have no balls and nobody would ever want him as their QB anyway.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #43 : December 20, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »

Assuming Tebow is looked upon as a backup completely. Very few NFL teams are going to take their QB off the field just to get Tebow in the game....particularly Denver.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #44 : December 20, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »

Assuming Tebow is looked upon as a backup completely. Very few NFL teams are going to take their QB off the field just to get Tebow in the game....particularly Denver.

Thats a good point. I think CFL might be his best bet.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets set to shop Sanchez, dump Tebow. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools