Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets set to shop Sanchez, dump Tebow. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#75 : December 20, 2012, 05:28:08 PM

I don't think it's a particularly high standard to ask him to be supportive of the new QB rather than talking about getting traded. He's not a good quarterback and he's not a good teammate. The latter is just my opinion, I don't expect others to share it.

he just said on record that he will be doing everything in his power to help the team win, do whatever is asked of him.  same thing he's said on record the entire season while sanchez has stunk.  i just find it hard to expect him to be happy about this off the record.  but to each his own.

i do agree he's not a good QB.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#76 : December 20, 2012, 07:22:24 PM

Instant QB controversy if he came here. 

That is exactly what this team needs.   

You act like Josh is some sensitive little girl.    Supposedly he's a man who has moved out of his parent's house and is making millions of dollars a year.   He should be able to handle being challenged for the starting job.

Ya that worked out SO well for the Jets.     SMH

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#77 : December 20, 2012, 08:20:27 PM

Looking at this from a completely unbiased viewpoint, say we brought him here and he totally failed...are we in a worse position than we are now? Everyone wants Free to have competition and we can't draft a QB this year, it just isn't logical with our other needs in my opinion. Who else can we get?

By the same token, if he came here and stunk it up i'd fully expect java to blame everything but Tim himself. Not sure I could stand reading him bashing Schiano or the team every time he struggled.

I still think we need to give free this next last year, but...I dunno. Tebow here would be......interesting, I suppose.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#78 : December 20, 2012, 08:25:02 PM

Looking at this from a completely unbiased viewpoint, say we brought him here and he totally failed...are we in a worse position than we are now? Everyone wants Free to have competition and we can't draft a QB this year, it just isn't logical with our other needs in my opinion. Who else can we get?

By the same token, if he came here and stunk it up i'd fully expect java to blame everything but Tim himself. Not sure I could stand reading him bashing Schiano or the team every time he struggled.

I still think we need to give free this next last year, but...I dunno. Tebow here would be......interesting, I suppose.

B, they could draft one with a 3rd-4th rounder...just depends on how active they are in FA.

Also, mostly everyone is cool with him playing that last year.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#79 : December 20, 2012, 08:33:47 PM

I definitely am starting to think next year will be a contract year for him. I love the guy but maybe here isn't his place, yknow? If we ever cut him lose I hope he lights it up somewhere else. His 2010 campaign is what made me a full-on Bucs fan and i'll always love him for that. Could never wish him to get fired or leave out of hatred. It sucks he's fallen off this late in the season. I want him to do better and I hope next year he does. We have to be in a position where we can clearly upgrade him though if he doesn't in order to cut him and I don't think we are this year.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#80 : December 20, 2012, 08:57:19 PM

I don't understand how many people think he's so innocent in all of this. He is half the problem with the constant circus around him. You didn't see Dan-O hold a press conference the day he was signed did you? You don't constantly hear Dan-O talking about playing time etc. Tebow is a nice guy, apparently, but he realizes his football life is short and takes all the attention he can get to "build his brand" and convert his NFL experience into some after.

Sorry I just don't see him as innocent like everyone else.

Wait a minute....how is the media circus his fault?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets set to shop Sanchez, dump Tebow. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools