Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs rank 28th in the NFL in strength of victory (.345) « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: December 20, 2012, 02:28:06 AM

Only four teams rank below the Buccaneers in strength of victory (.345) to this

If anyone is wondering what this means...it means exactly what it means...the teams we've defeated have a winning percentage of 34.5%.
: December 20, 2012, 02:30:07 AM BFT+C

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 20, 2012, 02:40:34 AM

so the bucs arent losing to bad teams? insightful.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : December 20, 2012, 05:08:08 AM

Not really true.  They lost at home to a pitiful Eagles team.

They aren't beating any of the good teams is the key point.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 20, 2012, 06:11:36 AM

Not really true.  They lost at home to a pitiful Eagles team.

They aren't beating any of the good teams is the key point.

That game was something else alright. Pitiful all around. Then they surpassed that moment within the next game.

There is just no way to cover up this bad pass defense vs. good, or even average, QBs (hell, let's go ahead and say anyone really).

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 20, 2012, 06:17:38 AM

The pass defense stinks because the Bucs went out and spent huge money on Vjax and Nicks to help Freeman.   The offense was already ok.   They needed to address the D.   I guess they thought Freeman could be great and the offense could carry the team.

Wrong.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 20, 2012, 06:32:14 AM

The pass defense stinks because the Bucs went out and spent huge money on Vjax and Nicks to help Freeman.   The offense was already ok.   They needed to address the D.   I guess they thought Freeman could be great and the offense could carry the team.

Wrong.

You can switch the conversation to freeman all you want, but there is not a single person in here that would say the defense is "good" or "average" even. The same cannot be said of Freeman. He has his supporters (even if they're ticked atm).

Freeman, for all his faults, has put up good numbers at times, came back in a few, and his overall statistics are pretty good considering all the new faces and yet another new system. Dom did a wonderful job of making sure the offense has its weapons. Now I'm sure, he's going to do his best to advance the defense.

This offense has to be on the field, and that was not done in either of the last two games. The defense allowed them to obtain long drives for scores, which usually is the death of any team in the NFL. They obviously need to get the ball back more,  stop some 3rd downs, and occasionally sack the QB. The ONLY good thing about this defense is the run stopping ability, and that's only because of the playscalls and system overcompensating to stop the run.

Freeman and Co are an explosive offense, but can sputter at any given time (sort of like the Saints). They need as many chances with the ball as possible and the defense just isn't allowing for that to happen.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 20, 2012, 06:32:28 AM

Schiano is still coaching most of Raheem's players. Give him an off-season to do more fixing, and the team will take shape.  Team is much better than it was this time last season, and if Freeman can get a clue, the team will be much better this time next season.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 20, 2012, 06:36:38 AM

^^^This.

And IF they can add some CB's, maybe a viable center, and another respectable DT I believe we could have a very competitive football team.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 20, 2012, 06:52:52 AM

need to address depth at all positions -especially dl, ol, dbs - learned lesson that injuries can derail a season. Bucs waded the waters for a few games, but the injuries (and suspensions) finally caught up to them, imo

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 20, 2012, 07:03:15 AM

Well, I believe having two OL that were "probowl" worthy out for the season was a NFL record.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 20, 2012, 07:33:02 AM

Well, I believe having two OL that were "probowl" worthy out for the season was a NFL record.

I think that is a slight against Nicks. Losing Nicks is 10x worse than losing Joseph. The difference between the two is that one actually plays at a high level, while the other is just average at best. People seem to think that Davin plays well because of his draft position/salary....but nothing could be further from the truth. On a his best day, Davin Joseph is average.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 20, 2012, 12:47:17 PM

Just curious, what were you expecting this season? Because if you were thinking a winning record and playoffs, your expectations were way too high to begin with.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 20, 2012, 01:10:24 PM

This is nothing new.  The team hasn't been able to beat good teams since '02.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 20, 2012, 01:17:40 PM

When your last in the pass and last in sacks your not beating anybody whos any good. I dont care who you got at QB.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 20, 2012, 01:32:42 PM

The D is pretty bad, so I guess it's okay for Freeman to stink the place up.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs rank 28th in the NFL in strength of victory (.345) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools