Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NO SURPRISE, BUCS-RAMS BLACKED OUT « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportVH

Starter
: December 20, 2012, 01:10:53 PM

The Buccaneers announced that Sunday's final home game against the Rams will not be shown on local television, coming as no surprise to anyone, as Tampa Bay has struggled to sell tickets, even in the middle of their mid-season successful run.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8649:&Itemid=15

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 20, 2012, 01:42:09 PM

Why didn't they say something earlier in the week?  They normally say on Monday.  There appears to be a ton of seats on Ticketmaster.  The Glazers' have made their stand and so have the fans. The Merry Christmas blackout.
: December 20, 2012, 01:46:22 PM Bayfisher

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 20, 2012, 01:47:04 PM

After last week Ill be surprised to see anybody lol.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 20, 2012, 01:49:44 PM

When you look at Ticketmaster that is what you will see.  :)

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 20, 2012, 02:50:13 PM

They've been getting their butts handed to them by nobody rookie QB's and constantly by divisional opponents, ..at home.

Hardly anything to phone home (or shell out 200+ $) for.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 20, 2012, 02:57:44 PM

I'll be there like usual.  Gonna have to grill the NY strips Sunday being the last game of the year.  Time to break out the Patron and cap off the season right.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#6 : December 20, 2012, 03:29:41 PM

What's the weather forecast?   If it's cold and rainy, I wouldn't be surprised to see less than 15k in attendance.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 20, 2012, 03:40:30 PM

What's the weather forecast?   If it's cold and rainy, I wouldn't be surprised to see less than 15k in attendance.

Mostly sunny, high of 67 and low of 48 from what I saw earlier.  Perfect weather but yea it will be scarce crowd.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 20, 2012, 04:25:08 PM

Why didn't they say something earlier in the week?  They normally say on Monday.  There appears to be a ton of seats on Ticketmaster.  The Glazers' have made their stand and so have the fans. The Merry Christmas blackout.

Why? Because of all their home games this one will likely be the least attended.  They won't even be close to the 85%, I bet. Not even a push this week would bring them up close to the benchmark.  People leave town this week due to the holidays. People have given up on the Bucs for the season. People don't care to see STL - not much star attraction on that team and few STL transplants coming in Rams' jerseys. 

So in a nutshell - lost cause to get the 85% this week, and the Bucs saw the writing on the wall. I bet there won't be 40k in the stadium.

A cool gesture by the Glazers would have been to give away thousands of tickets and free parking like Sternberg did w/ the Rays two seasons ago. Filled the Trop completely up.
: December 20, 2012, 04:26:54 PM Morgan

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 20, 2012, 04:26:42 PM

Believe it or not, I will be in attendance.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#10 : December 20, 2012, 04:27:52 PM

Glad to say this will not affect me. I just won two club tickets from captain fear!!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 20, 2012, 04:29:39 PM

Dude, we should meet up at http://whatthebuc.net/tailgate/ 

Only kidding, but your boy Hate will be there chowing down on some chicken 'n ribs or whatever WTB has that day.

http://whatthebuc.net/tailgate/food/

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 20, 2012, 04:29:39 PM

Glad to say this will not affect me. I just won two club tickets from captain fear!!

How did you do that?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 20, 2012, 04:30:17 PM

Dude, we should meet up at http://whatthebuc.net/tailgate/ 

Only kidding, but your boy Hate will be there chowing down on some chicken 'n ribs or whatever WTB has that day.

http://whatthebuc.net/tailgate/food/

Thanks for the info.   I don't have a ticket yet, but don't see that to be a problem at all.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#14 : December 20, 2012, 04:39:25 PM

How did you do that?

This year they have had him give out 2 sets of tickets on the Thursday before every home game. They post a picture of him somewhere in Tampa and you have to find him and say something bucs related. Luckily today he gave out 3 sets of tickets and I was the third one to get there.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NO SURPRISE, BUCS-RAMS BLACKED OUT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools