Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Non Homer Brings Perspective on Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Theoldbuc

Starter

: December 20, 2012, 01:20:37 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1450368-tampa-bay-buccaneers-is-josh-freeman-a-franchise-quarterback

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 20, 2012, 01:26:55 PM

You know maybe the "doubters" are right. I mean Freeman should be able to overcome the worst defense in franchise history. Maybe last years was worse but Im not sure. You know hes had this bad defense the last couple of seasons. Its about time Freeman just rise above it. Take the reigns man. Hes had 4 seasons in the league now. He should be able to over come a really bad defense by now no problem. Get rid of him. Just move on. Find somebody who can overcome this. This is just a joke.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : December 20, 2012, 01:27:53 PM

If it wasn't a Freeman excuse fest, you wouldn't have posted it.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 20, 2012, 01:28:56 PM

They are all excuses at this point. If he cant overcome that defense. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!! He should be able to in year 4 you know??

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 20, 2012, 01:30:12 PM

When did Freeman start playing defense anyway?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 20, 2012, 01:31:08 PM

No hes the Franchise bro. Hes gotta take this thing into his own hands. Regardless of bad D.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#6 : December 20, 2012, 02:20:07 PM

If it wasn't a Freeman excuse fest, you wouldn't have posted it.

So your excuse for the defense is? Oh yeah, Freeman. Got it!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 20, 2012, 02:23:22 PM

The defense is so horrifically bad at pass defense, I cannot even begin to complain about freeman.

I gotta yell at those guys first!

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 20, 2012, 02:30:41 PM

" So your excuse for the defense is? Oh yeah, Freeman. Got it!"

I've never tried to associate Freeman's weaknesses with the defense's weaknesses. It's the Freepologists that do that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 20, 2012, 02:36:49 PM

No hes the Franchise bro. Hes gotta take this thing into his own hands. Regardless of bad D.

What did the bad *defense have to do with Freeman going 3-and-out twice, 4-and-out one, and throwing 2 interceptions in the first half vs. the Saints.

You doing nothing but making excuses for Freeman's poor play.

*edit
: December 20, 2012, 03:08:11 PM Biggs3535

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 20, 2012, 02:37:08 PM

" So your excuse for the defense is? Oh yeah, Freeman. Got it!"

I've never tried to associate Freeman's weaknesses with the defense's weaknesses. It's the Freepologists that do that.

Free has been having bad games, no doubt about it. But to overlook the awfulness of this defense is ludicrous.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

NovaBuc

Starter

#11 : December 20, 2012, 03:20:29 PM

What it boils down to is the Bucs aren't a good enough team to consistently overcome poor play by either the defense or the QB - and have no shot when both of them look lost like last weekend against the Saints. Fixing either one isn't going to magically make the team into a playoff lock.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 20, 2012, 03:26:16 PM

What it boils down to is the Bucs aren't a good enough team to consistently overcome poor play by either the defense or the QB - and have no shot when both of them look lost like last weekend against the Saints. Fixing either one isn't going to magically make the team into a playoff lock.

I disagree. My opinion but I think we would have made playoffs this year if the pass defense would have been better. I'm not saying Freeman didn't suck sometimes and he deserves some blame too but the offense was ok this year. It was good enough for the most part. Defense left a lot to be desired. Improve that, my opinion but were a playoff team.

NovaBuc

Starter

#13 : December 20, 2012, 03:31:34 PM

I disagree. My opinion but I think we would have made playoffs this year if the pass defense would have been better. I'm not saying Freeman didn't suck sometimes and he deserves some blame too but the offense was ok this year. It was good enough for the most part. Defense left a lot to be desired. Improve that, my opinion but were a playoff team.

It's possible we could have made the playoffs with a better pass defense this year - even likely. But we're no where near being a team that is consistently talking about playoffs year in, year out. We're not a playoff lock, just a possibility. Which was my point, not that we wouldn't have made the playoffs this year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 20, 2012, 03:32:27 PM

the offense scores 25 points a game.  the defense gives up 25 points a game.  while we give up a record amount of pass yards, does it matter?  the worst passing defense in the history of the NFL is only giving up as many points as the best offense TB has ever had.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Non Homer Brings Perspective on Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools