Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Non Homer Brings Perspective on Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#15 : December 20, 2012, 03:33:39 PM

not sure what the defense has to do with Freeman going 1-7 with an Int on passes 5 yards or less in the first half.?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : December 20, 2012, 03:36:59 PM

VJax and Nicks were brought in and paid huge salaries.    You guys complaining about the defense need to look at what Schiano and Dom did in the off season.   They signed the 2 highest priced guys out there on OFFENSE to help Freeman be great.   The offense was already better than the defense.   If the Bucs had Jared Allen (same salary as VJax) and Champ Bailey (lower salary than Nicks) rather than VJax and Nicks, do you think the Bucs would be winning now?   Imagine how pathetic Freeman would have been this year without Vjax carrying him for most of the season.   

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 20, 2012, 03:44:43 PM

What it boils down to is the Bucs aren't a good enough team to consistently overcome poor play by either the defense or the QB - and have no shot when both of them look lost like last weekend against the Saints. Fixing either one isn't going to magically make the team into a playoff lock.

I disagree. My opinion but I think we would have made the playoffs.....

This is where I stop reading. Anytime some is saying "they would have made the playoffs if ___", then 100% of the time, it means that the team didn't do what it needed to do to qualify for postseason play.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 20, 2012, 03:45:26 PM

VJax is going to post career highs this season. Guess it has nothing to do with Freeman right?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 20, 2012, 03:47:04 PM

VJax and Nicks were brought in and paid huge salaries.    You guys complaining about the defense need to look at what Schiano and Dom did in the off season.   They signed the 2 highest priced guys out there on OFFENSE to help Freeman be great.   The offense was already better than the defense.   If the Bucs had Jared Allen (same salary as VJax) and Champ Bailey (lower salary than Nicks) rather than VJax and Nicks, do you think the Bucs would be winning now?   Imagine how pathetic Freeman would have been this year without Vjax carrying him for most of the season.   

Without the V-Jax signing, we might be a 2-3 win team. That's how much he meant to this O. Dude opens everything up.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 20, 2012, 03:52:42 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1450368-tampa-bay-buccaneers-is-josh-freeman-a-franchise-quarterback

An article from Bleacher Report is a terrible source to make any argument.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 20, 2012, 03:54:53 PM

VJax is going to post career highs this season. Guess it has nothing to do with Freeman right?

It does... just not completely in a positive way.  Freeman only has the ability to throw the deep ball.  When your QB has a #1 read of "deep ball" and throws whether it's the best decision or not, isn't a good thing.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#22 : December 20, 2012, 04:39:02 PM

"Free has been having bad games, no doubt about it. But to overlook the awfulness of this defense is ludicrous."

Yes, that would be ludicrous. Do you know of anyone who's doing that? I don't.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 20, 2012, 05:01:44 PM

Good points. Either way, Freeman will have next year to show everybody if they're right or wrong about him.

My favorite part was this comment by a reader...

The secondary, which a lot of people like to point the finger at, has played well enough to keep the BUCS in most of the games other than last Sunday's game vs Saints.

Had to laugh at that one.

Actually, it was the O and Free that kept us in most of those games.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 20, 2012, 05:18:25 PM

I'd be intrigued to see what a 2005 Brian Griese could do in this offense.

Ultra smart. Could pop gun the occasional deep ball.

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 20, 2012, 06:15:57 PM

"Free has been having bad games, no doubt about it. But to overlook the awfulness of this defense is ludicrous."

Mister Strawman is doing that.  The rest of us, not so much.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 20, 2012, 06:39:33 PM

If mpxxoffxt was a man...

I would kick it straight in the balls

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 20, 2012, 06:42:51 PM

Damn imaginary posters.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 20, 2012, 08:45:57 PM

The bad defense excuse is such a **CENSORED**ing joke. The Redskins and Colts defenses are just as bad as ours. They are actually giving up more points per game than we are....hows that working for RG3 and Luck? Two rookies are over coming crappy defenses, but we shouldn't expect our 4th year QB to be able to? GFTO.

Maybe if Freeman could effectively run the short to medium passing game and keep drives going...the horrible defense wouldn't be on the field so damn much. He can't though. All he can do is throw deep jump balls when the running game is opening things up. Otherwise he just flakes out and sucks out loud.

: December 20, 2012, 08:50:01 PM JDouble

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 20, 2012, 08:52:41 PM

Maybe the defense is bad because Freeman cannot sustain drives on a regular basis?  It certainly is a small part of the equation, no doubt.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Non Homer Brings Perspective on Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools