Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What you guys think? My draft for Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

wyla86

Second String

: December 21, 2012, 12:04:23 AM

2013  3 round Tampa Bay Buccaneers Mock Draft

1st - Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida State : 6-2/ 215lbs. 
Personally this is a huge reach for the Buccaneers but, they cannot ignore their needs at CB position.  Rhodes has good size and strength with the ability to stay on a WR's hip.  With 35 tackles,  1 TFL,  3 INTs,  and 7 PD in the 2012 season doesn't pop off as a top 15 pick but, note that QBs normally stayed away from his side of the field.

2nd-  -David Amerson CB, North Carolina State:  6-2/  190lbs.
Once again, huge reach. David is an amazing talent. After a 2011 season with 13 INTs his play has been disappointing this year. Early in the season he was constantly beat, he constantly took unnecessary chances and gambles on too many plays.  But the Tampa Bay Buccaneers need a lot of help in the secondary and if he's there they take him in a heart beat. 

3rd - Sylvester Williams DT, North Carolina:  6-3/ 320lbs.
On the outside Michael Bennett, Adrian Clayborne, and Daquan Bowers are solid building blocks for the future. McCoy could use some help on the inside. Williams is a monster and has the talent to be a 1st or 2nd rounder but for my sake he fell to the 3rd round.  2012 season he had 42 tackles, 13.5 TFL, 6 sacks,  6 QB pressures way more then Roy Miller does. Don't get me wrong I would love for the Bucs to resign Miller for a good price. With these 6 players on the DL there's great depth and talent. DT is a need for the Bucs and the resigning of Bennett and Miller are a big need as well.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 21, 2012, 12:12:32 AM

I like Rhodes a lot. of course I am a Noles fan, so no objectivity there. Although I think the Bucs should start looking at Florida schools a little more. It isnt going to sell out the stadium, but it would help some fringe fans have a little more connection with the team. I don't mean reach, but if two players are rated similarly then go with the local product.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 21, 2012, 12:18:41 AM

Think Williams will have to have a really crappy combine to drop to the third round. But I would be pretty stoked with those first 3 picks.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 21, 2012, 12:23:27 AM

For CB in the 1st I would want to trade down with Rhodes being an option.

Amerson was solid down the stretch he just had those terrible games vs. Miami and Tennessee. Though I think he could be a FS too.

Adding to the Dline rotation is solid as well.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 21, 2012, 12:46:16 AM

Where we will be picking in the 1st, Rhodes would be a sort of a reach....but then again we reached last year @ #7...so it wouldn't be too big of a surprise.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

wyla86

Second String

#5 : December 21, 2012, 12:51:57 AM

I personally don't really see a top 15 corner in this years draft. Amerson at the beginning of the year was the #1 CB in my opinion. But, as the season went on I think none of the CB's are worth a top 15 pick. For the bucs I wouldn't be surprised if they don't take a CB at 12th overall

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#6 : December 21, 2012, 12:53:48 AM

I'd really like it if we could get those players by trading back in the draft.  That may be the only way to get Williams in there.

McCoy93

Starter

#7 : December 21, 2012, 12:57:15 AM

i hope we don't reach; i have a feeling one of the linemen will slip to us at 12

wyla86

Second String

#8 : December 21, 2012, 01:03:35 AM

Once the combine and the draft process begins I can see some CBs fly up the board like Gilmore did. There's 2 CBs that I can see flying up the draft board. Logan Ryan 6-0 190lbs Rutgers and David Amerson I see both moving into the first round.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 21, 2012, 01:04:03 AM

Not enamored with the picks. There's is a lot of talk about Amerson having to switch to safety at the NFL level due to speed issues. And Rhodes is currently a fringe late first, early second rounder at the moment. There are a ton of defensive tackles in this draft. Quite frankly many could be had in the fourth through fifth rounds that have far better production and are of equal or greater value to that of Williams with out the flags.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

nick777777

Starter
#10 : December 21, 2012, 01:10:34 AM

I think wyla is right, they may be reaches now but once the combine hits and these guys run 4.3-4.4 we will see them start to move up and some might move down.  I like the draft, I don't know why but I get the feeling we go TE with one of the first 3 picks.  I think Shiano wants a young group that grows together on offense and a dynamic TE is really all we are missing.  I could almost see them trading down and taking a TE in the first then doubling up on CBs

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#11 : December 21, 2012, 01:18:13 AM

TE in the first, no way does Dom let that happen, regardless of what S wants.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 21, 2012, 01:27:11 AM

The offensive scheme is not predicated on having a dynamic TE -  its predicated on having a dynamic slot receiver with two talented receivers playing on the outside - this is why initially Benn was so ecstatic after talking to PJ Fleck on the phone after Sullivan was hired. It only needs a capable player at TE.

If you look at how Dominik has gone about building the team its almost identical to that of the Giants model: draft receivers, defensive lineman, running backs and defensive backs - bring in offensive lineman via free agency. Spend middle to late round picks on tight ends.

Have a feeling the team will draft a slot receiver this draft before they draft a tight end.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

wyla86

Second String

#13 : December 21, 2012, 01:35:48 AM

The offensive scheme is not predicated on having a dynamic TE -  its predicated on having a dynamic slot receiver with two talented receivers playing on the outside - this is why initially Benn was so ecstatic after talking to PJ Fleck on the phone after Sullivan was hired. It only needs a capable player at TE.

If you look at how Dominik has gone about building the team its almost identical to that of the Giants model: draft receivers, defensive lineman, running backs and defensive backs - bring in offensive lineman via free agency. Spend middle to late round picks on tight ends.

Have a feeling the team will draft a slot receiver this draft before they draft a tight end.

I kinda agree with that. I do see that free looks for VJ MW then the slot only recently he started going to Clark. But I do believe Clark will be back next year and I don't see us drafting a TE in the first 2 days

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#14 : December 21, 2012, 01:38:12 AM

i would be happier with this.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What you guys think? My draft for Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools