Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What you guys think? My draft for Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 21, 2012, 01:44:23 AM

The offensive scheme is not predicated on having a dynamic TE -  its predicated on having a dynamic slot receiver with two talented receivers playing on the outside - this is why initially Benn was so ecstatic after talking to PJ Fleck on the phone after Sullivan was hired. It only needs a capable player at TE.

If you look at how Dominik has gone about building the team its almost identical to that of the Giants model: draft receivers, defensive lineman, running backs and defensive backs - bring in offensive lineman via free agency. Spend middle to late round picks on tight ends.

Have a feeling the team will draft a slot receiver this draft before they draft a tight end.

I kinda agree with that. I do see that free looks for VJ MW then the slot only recently he started going to Clark. But I do believe Clark will be back next year and I don't see us drafting a TE in the first 2 days

Its also why Jackson plays a lot out of the slot - the design of the offense is to have a heady receiver playing out of the slot that can make adjustments on the fly with either a LB lined up right over him or bracket coverages. Making the correct read post snap by the receiver will always induce coverage breakdowns within the secondary if the opposing defense guesses wrong. 

Before the Giants had Cruz they had the other Steve Smith and he produced a good season from the slot with a 107 catch season, 1,200 plus yards and 7 touchdowns even on a team with other options on the outside in Manningham and Hicks.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 21, 2012, 01:55:59 AM

If the Bucs were drafting today.

This si what I would like to see happen especially if Te'o was on the board when the Bucs are on the clock:

1. LB Manti Te'o
2. CB Jordan Poyer
3. DT Kawann Short
4. WR Stedman Bailey
4. CB Leon McFadden
5. S Duke Williams
6. DE David Bass
7. QB Matt Brown

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : December 21, 2012, 04:00:36 AM

I think they need to go Barkley with the first pick.

spurzo

Second String

#18 : December 21, 2012, 05:24:10 AM

I'm gonna assume that we pick somewhere between 10-15...  I kind of want us to lose out to improve our draft position.  Demarcus Milliner of Alabama will be a top 10 pick, if we get him amazing, otherwise Jonathan Banks of Mississippi State would be a great pick. 

Second Round... I could see us double dipping at corner the same way we did in 2010 and 2011 on the d-line and look how well that's paid off.  Xavier Rhodes would be a great pick if he's available otherwise I like Jordan Poyer and as darkhorse pick Logan Ryan of Rutgers you know Schiano would love to have him.   

Third Round...  I'd like us to address our other OLB spot in free agency as there are some decent ones available such as Philip Wheeler or Daryl Smith, that could be had for cheap, this way we can spend our third rounder on a RT.  There should be some good ones available, such as DJ Fluker or Brennan Williams.  If we tried to get a RT through free agency, we'd have too much money locked up in the O-line and you can't spend that much money on any unit.

Fourth Round X 2 (I miss Talib)... This is where you go after the skill positions, it'd be great to try and find that slot receiver or an athletic pass catching tight end.  Maybe Kenny Stills or Quinton Patton for the slot and Mychal Rivera of Tennessee at TE.  Remember though that Dominik worked magic last year with 4th round picks, maneuvering to acquire both Doug Martin and Lavonte David while only spending a single 4th rounder to move around.

Finally I've got one more free agent move... Glenn Dorsey, former dominant 3 tech DT of LSU, that seemed like the second coming of Sapp, is available this year through free agency.  He's been wasted as a 5 tech in Kansas City trying to tie up blockers because Scott Piolo is moron.  We could have him in Tampa for fairly cheap and considering we run a system that he'll like, he probably won't demand the usual additional pay to come play in Tampa that many free agents do.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 21, 2012, 07:28:59 AM

This si what I would like to see happen especially if Te'o was on the board when the Bucs are on the clock:

1. LB Manti Te'o
2. CB Jordan Poyer
3. DT Kawann Short
4. WR Stedman Bailey
4. CB Leon McFadden
5. S Duke Williams
6. DE David Bass
7. QB Matt Brown

I would actually be ecstatic with this draft. Everything that I have seen though, has short as a possible 2nd rounder. Also, I think Bailey's combine could push him up to the low 3rd round. If that happens, then I wouldn't mind seeing us take the best DL available with that 3rd, and taking Kenny Stills or Ryan Sw.ope as the 4th round WR.

lol that w.o.p is a banned word.
: December 21, 2012, 07:30:34 AM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 21, 2012, 08:10:21 AM

Where we will be picking in the 1st, Rhodes would be a sort of a reach....but then again we reached last year @ #7...so it wouldn't be too big of a surprise.

Thanks chace, nice choice....as usual.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 21, 2012, 08:18:32 AM

1. LB Manti Te'o
2. CB Jordan Poyer
3. DT Kawann Short
4. WR Stedman Bailey
4. CB Leon McFadden
5. S Duke Williams
6. DE David Bass
7. QB Matt Brown

would be a great draft but theres some serious issues here. there is no way kawann short falls to the third. he will be gone in the first unless he massively fails the combine drug tests and craps in his hands and throws it at some gms during the interviews. stedman bailey will probably be gone in the 2nd or 3rd at the absolute latest.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 21, 2012, 08:20:01 AM

love rhodes as a player but hes a reach in the teens. if we trade back into the 20s he is a better value. im not overly enamored with banks or milliner. both can look great at times and ive seen both get completely owned in some games

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 21, 2012, 10:27:33 AM

Teo all day every day!

That is the man!

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 21, 2012, 11:54:35 AM

love rhodes as a player but hes a reach in the teens. if we trade back into the 20s he is a better value. im not overly enamored with banks or milliner. both can look great at times and ive seen both get completely owned in some games

Just because mock drafts have him as a late 1st rounder doesn't mean that's how teams view him.

Mock drafts always have a couple of players who get slotted in completely wrong draft positions, and it's not because of a lack of talent, it's because they don't know what they're talking about.

Rhodes is the best CB prospect in the draft, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he went at #10.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 21, 2012, 12:09:59 PM

Just because mock drafts have him as a late 1st rounder doesn't mean that's how teams view him.

Mock drafts always have a couple of players who get slotted in completely wrong draft positions, and it's not because of a lack of talent, it's because they don't know what they're talking about.

Rhodes is the best CB prospect in the draft, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he went at #10.

He could move ahead of Banks, I don't see him being picked before Milliner, though.

Alabama DBs seem to get drafted earlier than they should be....(see #7 pick last year)

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 21, 2012, 12:13:26 PM

1. LB Manti Te'o
2. CB Jordan Poyer
3. DT Kawann Short
4. WR Stedman Bailey
4. CB Leon McFadden
5. S Duke Williams
6. DE David Bass
7. QB Matt Brown

just going on positions Bucs fans should be estatic about that draft, assuming of course we pick up a nice CB in FA

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 21, 2012, 12:16:00 PM

1. LB Manti Te'o
2. CB Jordan Poyer
3. DT Kawann Short
4. WR Stedman Bailey
4. CB Leon McFadden
5. S Duke Williams
6. DE David Bass
7. QB Matt Brown
I would take this draft in a heartbeat

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 21, 2012, 12:18:50 PM

He could move ahead of Banks, I don't see him being picked before Milliner, though.

Alabama DBs seem to get drafted earlier than they should be....(see #7 pick last year)

I could see that, but if Rhodes runs a 4.45, then he will go ahead of Milliner.

He has the body of a SS, but can keep up with WRs. That's not something that you can pick up in every draft.

He may be a bit more boom/bust than Milliner, because playing press coverage is about technique and studying receivers, and he may not have it in him, but if he does, then you're looking at a guy who can shut down the Calvin Johnsons of the league.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 21, 2012, 12:26:05 PM

I could see that, but if Rhodes runs a 4.45, then he will go ahead of Milliner.

He has the body of a SS, but can keep up with WRs. That's not something that you can pick up in every draft.

He may be a bit more boom/bust than Milliner, because playing press coverage is about technique and studying receivers, and he may not have it in him, but if he does, then you're looking at a guy who can shut down the Calvin Johnsons of the league.

im an FSU fan so ive watched every game hes played in doing so im very familiar with rhodes. rhodes has 1st round skills but the one thing that will hold him back is speed. i expect him to run in the 4.5s. hes not a burner but he does take long strides. he has film shutting down excellent receivers including michael floyd, ryan broyles, connor vernon and deandre hopkins. press coverage is his specialty and where he excels. his ability to be physical and jam a receiver off the line makes up for his lack of top flight speed. he also has very good leaping ability and long arms which help him get after it and also mask his speed. i like rhodes in the 20s, just not as much in the teens. if he plays well in our bowl game and has a good combine he can definately improve his stock to be a teens draft choice
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What you guys think? My draft for Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools