Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What you guys think? My draft for Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 21, 2012, 12:34:46 PM

love rhodes as a player but hes a reach in the teens. if we trade back into the 20s he is a better value. im not overly enamored with banks or milliner. both can look great at times and ive seen both get completely owned in some games

Just because mock drafts have him as a late 1st rounder doesn't mean that's how teams view him.

Mock drafts always have a couple of players who get slotted in completely wrong draft positions, and it's not because of a lack of talent, it's because they don't know what they're talking about.

Rhodes is the best CB prospect in the draft, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he went at #10.

He could move ahead of Banks, I don't see him being picked before Milliner, though.

Alabama DBs seem to get drafted earlier than they should be....(see #7 pick last year)

I could see that, but if Rhodes runs a 4.45, then he will go ahead of Milliner.

He has the body of a SS, but can keep up with WRs. That's not something that you can pick up in every draft.

He may be a bit more boom/bust than Milliner, because playing press coverage is about technique and studying receivers, and he may not have it in him, but if he does, then you're looking at a guy who can shut down the Calvin Johnsons of the league.

im an FSU fan so ive watched every game hes played in doing so im very familiar with rhodes. rhodes has 1st round skills but the one thing that will hold him back is speed. i expect him to run in the 4.5s. hes not a burner but he does take long strides. he has film shutting down excellent receivers including michael floyd, ryan broyles, connor vernon and deandre hopkins. press coverage is his specialty and where he excels. his ability to be physical and jam a receiver off the line makes up for his lack of top flight speed. he also has very good leaping ability and long arms which help him get after it and also mask his speed. i like rhodes in the 20s, just not as much in the teens. if he plays well in our bowl game and has a good combine he can definately improve his stock to be a teens draft choice

Even with their speed, Milliner and Banks get burned too. They just make more plays on the ball which makes people think that they're better players.

I just see Rhodes as having a higher ceiling than the others. I bet NFL GMs see the same thing. Like I said before, you don't often get guys that size at CB who have that good of coverage ability.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 21, 2012, 12:38:18 PM

If the Bucs were drafting today.

This si what I would like to see happen especially if Te'o was on the board when the Bucs are on the clock:

1. LB Manti Te'o
2. CB Jordan Poyer
3. DT Kawann Short
4. WR Stedman Bailey
4. CB Leon McFadden
5. S Duke Williams
6. DE David Bass
7. QB Matt Brown

I don't think there much chance of this if we sit pat and let the draft come to us.  If the Bucs were aggressive and traded up and gave up their two 4ths, 5th and 7th round picks to get:

1. LB Manti Te'o
2. CB Jordan Poyer
3. DT Kawann Short
6. DE David Bass

Would you do it?  I would in a heartbeat.  I hope MD learned something from last year's draft and be aggressive in the first two rounds and get the guys you want.  With the rookie cap, the price of contracts isn't that huge anymore and how many 5th and 6th round guys really make it?  Probably similar to how many undrafted free agents.  We need to continue to add impact players in the draft and use FA to add another solid CB and OT

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 21, 2012, 01:11:31 PM

I am very unimpressed with Milliner. I am not seeing it, at all. The only thing I can come up with as to why he is considered the #1 CB is because of the on the side of his helmet.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 21, 2012, 01:53:03 PM

I am very unimpressed with Milliner. I am not seeing it, at all. The only thing I can come up with as to why he is considered the #1 CB is because of the on the side of his helmet.

certainly doesnt hurt his cause

on a side note a player to watch who may or may not declare is LB kyle van noy from BYU. kid had a huge game last night for BYU and has been outstanding this season. 13 sacks  and a few INTs on one of the best and most underrated defenses in the country. im surprised how far under the radar this kid is flying. would be an absolute beast as a SAM for us

TowMater69

Second String

#34 : December 21, 2012, 02:17:59 PM

I'd prefer Dion Jordan who could rush the QB from the SLB position on 1st and 2nd down, then move to DE on 3rd down and kick Bennett inside to DT, with the first pick, then take the best available CB in round 2.
Provided that the Bucs sign Jarius Byrd to replace Barber at FS and Brent Grimes at CB and re-negotiate with Eric Wright.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 21, 2012, 02:45:12 PM

certainly doesnt hurt his cause

on a side note a player to watch who may or may not declare is LB kyle van noy from BYU. kid had a huge game last night for BYU and has been outstanding this season. 13 sacks  and a few INTs on one of the best and most underrated defenses in the country. im surprised how far under the radar this kid is flying. would be an absolute beast as a SAM for us

Didn't catch the game. Did Ansah make his presence felt?

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 21, 2012, 05:52:15 PM

ansah was decent. he got a lucky INT off a deflection. overall he was decent but i dont see a first round player there. he didnt wow me. guy is active and made some effort plays. SDSU doesnt have an elite OL and he got stoned by the tackles a few times. like i said Van Noy is the player that wowed me. plays 4-3 olb and rushes as a standup DE on some plays, drops into coverage. he did it all. definately a guy to keep an eye on

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 21, 2012, 11:11:25 PM

Amerson got exposed badly this year. He can't defend the deep ball 1v1 b/c his long speed sucks. Bad round 2 pick.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 21, 2012, 11:23:40 PM

Amerson got exposed badly this year. He can't defend the deep ball 1v1 b/c his long speed sucks. Bad round 2 pick.

Yeah if we draft another CB in round 2 it should be the guy from Ohio State (name escapes me at the moment). He's only 5'10" and 190, but he plays just the way he plays, you know that he can keep up with NFL receivers.

I've never paid attention to Logan Ryan, so I can't comment there.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 21, 2012, 11:34:47 PM

Yeah if we draft another CB in round 2 it should be the guy from Ohio State (name escapes me at the moment). He's only 5'10" and 190, but he plays just the way he plays, you know that he can keep up with NFL receivers.

I've never paid attention to Logan Ryan, so I can't comment there.
Bradley Roby is a first round talent. His size will get him pushed back but if his name is still at the top of round 2, gotta go trade up for him. He is a shutdown CB in the making.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What you guys think? My draft for Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools