Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow a Buc?........Not now. Not next year. Not the year after. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

BucD

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 21, 2012, 08:37:43 AM

BS.

He would sell tickets, if I were the Glazers, I would be doing my due dilligence in getting Tebow into Tampa.  The guy sells tickets, and your blackout issue is solved.

Let him wildcat/special teams/tight end/x factor it.  The guy sells tickets.  Period.

He may create a media circus, but we are talking about Greg Schiano running the ship, as opposed to Rex Ryan.

I sincerely hope that you're not a good representation of Bucs fans.

For your sake, hopefully,  just another wanna be troll lurking this place.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 21, 2012, 08:41:59 AM

BS.

He would sell tickets, if I were the Glazers, I would be doing my due dilligence in getting Tebow into Tampa.  The guy sells tickets, and your blackout issue is solved.

Let him wildcat/special teams/tight end/x factor it.  The guy sells tickets.  Period.

He may create a media circus, but we are talking about Greg Schiano running the ship, as opposed to Rex Ryan.

Have you just gone completely over the edge?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : December 21, 2012, 08:53:48 AM

BS.

Have you just gone completely over the edge?

He went over it a couple of years ago.   But it looks like he has regained his sanity.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 21, 2012, 10:15:38 AM

Some of you guys cannot read.

If Tim Tebow comes to Tampa, would he sell the stadium out?  Yes.

as an "excuse" he should be in there for all the packages I mentioned.  At least he should be a part of the team, I am sure there are other things aside from QBing that he could contribute to.  And Greg Schiano is no Rex Ryan, the media fiasco would die down quickly, if you ask me.  It sort of is already, until he said something about wanting out...but since he is in NY it will cause a HUGE uproar.  In Tampa?  Nobody would have cared.

So what exactly did I say was wrong?

Would he sell the place out and is that a major source of contention for the team brass?  Some of you guys are ridiculoius if you think he wouldn't be a Glazer dream come true.  These guys want money on returns.,  They get that with Tebow.

Never said he was a good QB, the guy stinks.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 21, 2012, 10:23:47 AM

Boid, that was such a great post... until the last line.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 21, 2012, 10:50:44 AM

If Tim Tebow comes to Tampa, would he sell the stadium out?  Yes.
For how long though? It would seem like a very, very temporary fix.  Would the plan be to excite the fanbase with Tebow next year and Manziel or Bridgewater the year after?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 21, 2012, 11:11:50 AM

As soon as tebow started losing (which would be quickly), the fan base would turn on him.

NOT a huge investment if bringing in Tebow only helps sell out a couple games, and costs you a whole season of losses and media bashing.

I'd be all for Tebag being the #2 here in Tampa, as long as it was established before signing that he would ONLY be the reserve.

As starter however, you're asking for a nightmare. Might as well bring back Spurrer if you want that trainwreck on your team starting.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 21, 2012, 11:53:43 AM

Again, unless some of you guys are addressing some anonymous poster, or something that is lurking in the back of your mind, I NEEEEVVVER said bring this guy in for anything.  But you are kidding yourselves if this guy isn't a Glazers wet dream.  He is marketetability, and he is a sellout.  Would I do it?  Given the nature of Tampas fanbase, HELL YES! 

And if the team utilizes him in some capacity, they get satiated.  Tebow the halfback/blocking FB/Blocking TE thrown into the mix occasionally wouldn't be so bad.  It almost seems like a coach like S would LOOOOVE having a guy like Tebow.  He is a college presence...well, both are. 

It would allow the fanbase to come to the games and see the excitement that is Mike Williams/Vince Jax/Doug Martin/Carl Nicks/Tim Tebow.  It would generate some noise in the fanbase.  ANYTHING is better than being a non-factor with the fanbase.

He would be a great roster fill.  He can do something I am certain.  But as long as he knows he is not really a starting QB everything is good.  I am sure everyone knows by now he is not a capable NFL starter...not for any period of time anyway,

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 21, 2012, 12:00:35 PM

the media fiasco would die down quickly,

agree with a lot, but not this.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 21, 2012, 12:03:43 PM

the media fiasco would die down quickly,

agree with a lot, but not this.
I think if the BUcs get him, they will put him on the field as a viable presence, and I am pretty certain he would be a capable playmaker of some capacity out there,  He is a good player, not a good QB.

Unless Tim himself is the cause of the fiasco, via his mouth (like he is doing right now...it has gotten pretty stale in the media regarding Tebow), I think they will write about who he is dating, his virginity, the standard fare.  But I doubt anyone will be calling for him to replace Freeman.  hell, I am not even onboard with that!  But Tebow eliminates blackouts.  That is huge.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 21, 2012, 12:06:05 PM

He would be a great roster fill.  He can do something I am certain.  But as long as he knows he is not really a starting QB everything is good.  I am sure everyone knows by now he is not a capable NFL starter...not for any period of time anyway,
I think you have more faith in the Tampa fanbase than I do.  Even if Tebow himself understands that he's not really a starting QB, I would expect the fans to be screaming for him to start the second Freeman shows even the slightest sign of weakness.  And let's face it, even the *best* case scenario for Freeman still involves quite a bit of maddening inconsistency.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 21, 2012, 12:11:26 PM

With his build and determination, I am sure Tebow would be a great jock washer.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 21, 2012, 12:16:00 PM

Tebow may not be the same player he was last year though. He's had time to improve his mechanics and learn defenses.

I know for sure that he will never put up the TDs that Freeman can, but I think that he could win more games than Freeman.

Freeman has had his shot, he needs someone to actually push him in the offseason and to have a legitimate QB competition. If he can't beat out Tebow, then he deserves to be traded. If Tebow loses the competition, then trade/cut him before the end of preseason to avoid the circus that would ensue if he were left as a backup.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 21, 2012, 12:18:52 PM

With his build and determination, I am sure Tebow would be great.

I don't know about great, but better than Freeman.   At least he will win more.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 21, 2012, 12:20:32 PM

I know for sure that he will never put up the TDs that Freeman can, but I think that he could win more games than Freeman.
What is it that he does better than Freeman that would lead to him winning more games?  Run the football?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow a Buc?........Not now. Not next year. Not the year after. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools