Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Serioiusly. It just makes sense. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 23, 2012, 05:05:18 PM

So waste another year and let everyone get a year older? No thanks. Windows are short in the NFL. No reason to let guys waste away while we watch Freeman prove what we already know. Get someone new in here. A couple guys actually, and let them compete. At this point, it's not like we could get any worse at QB. I mean Freeman is just awful. You can't count on him to do anything. I just don't see why we would pay him $9M next year and waste another season. Get someone else in here, like Cousins, and if the new guy isn't the guy...then maybe there is a better crop of QBs in next years draft. You can't just stick with someone that is as awful as Freeman and expect to get better and make it to the playoffs.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 23, 2012, 05:12:15 PM

Nah, I'll keep my second rounder and build the team up. If Freeman sucks next year grab somebody round one the next year.

Yeah agreed. This team has too many holes to be spending a high round pick on a guy who has had limited experience.

There's a reason that crap QBs like Freeman have high trade value, they have actually put something on film that people can analyze. Someone trading for Freeman would know his exact weaknesses and strengths, and could determine exactly if they felt like they could turn him into a better QB. Cousins just has his college film and a few quarters of NFL film to look at, and people have no idea what his exact strengths and weaknesses are at this point.

If Cousins were in his 2nd or 3rd year and playing on a less gimmicky offense, and strung together maybe a half season of good games, I wouldn't even mind trading a 1st round pick for him.

The only way I would trade for Cousins is if the only other option is drafting Tyler Wilson in the 2nd round this year. I would much prefer to have Cousins.

I would much rather shore up the defense, and wait to draft a QB that the staff likes.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 23, 2012, 05:15:04 PM

Washington isn't trading Cousins.  He's too valuable for when RGIII is on the sidelines.  Give it up.

I garantee they trade him . They need draft picks , and teams rarely keep backup QB's who have 1st round trade value. They have other needs.

Since you "garantee" it, go ahead and bet your posting privileges that the Redskins trade Cousins before the 2013 draft for a first rounder.

Let's see if you stand behind your "garantee" and then follow through after you lose.  I've won bets on this site where the loser didn't follow through, and honestly I doubt you'll be any different - but, what hell...

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 23, 2012, 05:15:58 PM

So we should keep Freeman, but I'm the stupid one? Um...ok.

Yes, keep Freeman next year and see what he can with a completely healthy o-line and a secondary that can actually cover. If he plays poorly, then we definitely should get someone else. How many times do I have to tell you this?

It's the oline and secondaries fault they lost today!!!

Dude, enough...and you had the nerve to call me a "f'ing idiot"...you're the f'ing idiot.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 23, 2012, 05:18:20 PM

So Kirk Cousins is a joke....but Freeman is good? Really?

You're overreacting about Freeman and you want us to trade a 2nd rounder for a guy who has had 1 good game against the Browns when we have bigger needs to address.

No matter how many times you repeat your opinion, it doesn't become fact.

I am not over reacting at all. I am the only guy I know that was actually screaming with joy when we drafted Freeman. I've been his biggest fan since day one, so coming to the realization that he is just not a good quarterback and we need to move on was not easy....but it is true and I have excepted it. I'm sorry that you have not been able to do the same.

At this point, it's not like we could get any worse at QB. I mean Freeman is awful

Quote from you. Yea... you're overreacting.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 23, 2012, 05:20:44 PM

Are you guys really this f'ing stupid?

For the 100th time, I do t care how many "holes" this team has, if one of them is at QB, the rest of the "holes" are irrelevant.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 23, 2012, 05:21:35 PM

Rodger...Apparently you haven't been watching. Or you have become totally delusional.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 23, 2012, 05:21:47 PM

So we should keep Freeman, but I'm the stupid one? Um...ok.

Yes, keep Freeman next year and see what he can with a completely healthy o-line and a secondary that can actually cover. If he plays poorly, then we definitely should get someone else. How many times do I have to tell you this?

It's the oline and secondaries fault they lost today!!!

Dude, enough...and you had the nerve to call me a "f'ing idiot"...you're the f'ing idiot.

When did I ever say it was the secondary's fault today? The defense played one of their best games of the year today (which isn't saying much).

Today was all on the offense, Freeman included. However, if you don't think Sully's **CENSORED**ty playcalling and the pathetic play of our o-line didn't play a factor in it either, then yes, you are an idiot. And if you think the secondary hasn't cost us multiple games this season, then yes, you're an idiot for that too.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 23, 2012, 05:22:41 PM

So Kirk Cousins is a joke....but Freeman is good? Really?

You're overreacting about Freeman and you want us to trade a 2nd rounder for a guy who has had 1 good game against the Browns when we have bigger needs to address.

No matter how many times you repeat your opinion, it doesn't become fact.

I am not over reacting at all. I am the only guy I know that was actually screaming with joy when we drafted Freeman. I've been his biggest fan since day one, so coming to the realization that he is just not a good quarterback and we need to move on was not easy....but it is true and I have excepted it. I'm sorry that you have not been able to do the same.

At this point, it's not like we could get any worse at QB. I mean Freeman is awful

Quote from you. Yea... you're overreacting.

6-4

Down the stretch, 5 TDs/9 INTs.

Let's see your attempt at spinning that into a positive!!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 23, 2012, 05:24:15 PM

Haha....the play calling caused Freeman to be awful today? GTFO dude. You have completely lost your **CENSORED**ing mind.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 23, 2012, 05:26:23 PM

Apparently you haven't been watching. You have become totally delusional.

You say it couldn't get much worse at QB yet all of these guys are starting:

Christian Ponder
Jay Cutler
Matt Stafford
Philip Rivers
Nick Foles
Jake Locker
Chad Henne
Greg McElroy
Ryan Lindley

These were just some off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.

Freeman is even putting up better numbers than Eli Manning.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 23, 2012, 05:28:03 PM

Christian Ponder
Jay Cutler
Matt Stafford
Philip Rivers
Nick Foles
Jake Locker
Chad Henne
Greg McElroy
Ryan Lindley

You really still talking about stats and numbers? Get a clue dude. Most the guys on that list are better than Freeman.  A decent game manager like Henne or Orton probably would have got this team to the playoffs.

Also, Eli has been absolutely terrible for over a month....so who gives a **CENSORED** about his numbers?
: December 23, 2012, 05:30:11 PM JDouble

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 23, 2012, 05:32:10 PM

Haha....the play calling caused Freeman to be awful today? GTFO dude. You have completely lost your **CENSORED**ing mind.

It played a factor. Obviously Freeman made some bad throws, but the playcalling and o-line playing like dog**CENSORED** didn't help. Mike Williams didn't help either with slipping on the 1st INT and giving up on the slant route.

Two of the four INT's really weren't Freeman's fault. One was tipped at the line and another one should have been caught, but Williams gave up on his route. I'll give you that the first INT was on Freeman even though Williams slipped, but that was really just an awful play by the whole offense. Williams slipped, the o-line collapsed right away, and Freeman made an awful decision to throw it off his back foot.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 23, 2012, 05:35:02 PM

I'm done dude. It's like you're pulling some reverse Java act or something. I mean if you weren't serious, it would be funny. Instead it's just sad. Peace.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 23, 2012, 05:35:14 PM

Christian Ponder
Jay Cutler
Matt Stafford
Philip Rivers
Nick Foles
Jake Locker
Chad Henne
Greg McElroy
Ryan Lindley

You really still talking about stats and numbers? Get a clue dude. Most the guys on that list are better than Freeman.  A decent game manager like Henne or Orton probably would have got this team to the playoffs.

Also, Eli has been absolutely terrible for over a month....so who gives a **CENSORED** about his numbers?

I'd rather have Freeman over all of those guys listed, actually.

You think Chad Henne would lead this team to the playoffs? LOL, why am I even debating this with you. You're being absolutely absurd. Chad Henne is garbage. Have you watched that guy play? We probably wouldn't have won more than 2 games with Henne starting.

And Eli has won 2 Superbowls, that's why I care. Trying to show you that we can win with a guy like Freeman as long as we give him some help.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Serioiusly. It just makes sense. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools