Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano on Freeman today « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

YReceiver14

Starter

« : December 23, 2012, 06:01:25 PM »

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/HC-Greg-Schiano-Post-Game-Press-/137a4181-457f-4883-a654-b45db4f840b4

Some things from the PC:

When a reporter asked if Schiano was concerned about Freeman making the mistakes he made today four years into his career:

"Well, you can't live in a vacuum.  I certainly will examine all those things.  Coming off the sidelines [is] probably the worst time to examine that, with emotion and all that.  [Coach Sullivan, Turner, and I] will look at it.  Certainly there were some things throughout the game, you thought, "[Grimace] ah, that's not what we want to do."  But until you look and make sure why..."

He was not happy, with frustration bubbling under the surface throughout the PC.

A quote later, not on a Freeman question and probably not aimed at Freeman specifically:

"I do say this to our fans: We have good players in this program, and we're going to get more."

On the losing streak, he thought the first three games were ok... "But these last two... [stares, and taps his hand]... there's enough here to say...this isn't how you win football games, turning the ball over."

On if he was concerned about Josh Freeman's play the last two weeks:

"As a coach, when you don't win and you turn the ball over, you're concerned about everything.  I'm paid to win games, and we've lost five straight, so yeah, I'm concerned."

Really an interesting PC.
« : December 23, 2012, 08:25:24 PM YReceiver14 »

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 23, 2012, 06:07:05 PM »

It's like the whole team just threw up their hands the last few weeks and said, " ah, screw it."

Totally uninspired football as of late.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Juno

Starter
« #2 : December 23, 2012, 06:14:05 PM »

Well, the O-line has been awful.  Dotson at RT has been exposed.  Freeman looks like he should be sitting on the bench.  What can the rest of the team do when you have a guy who throws two 4 pick games in a row.  This team cannot win that kind of game against anyone.  The Bucs must bring in competition for him.  Watching Freeman play like an idiot is really getting old.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #3 : December 23, 2012, 06:23:16 PM »

It's like the whole team just threw up their hands the last few weeks and said, " ah, screw it."

Totally uninspired football as of late.
They've been outmatched for quite awhile. Their DL, DB, OL were expected to play at levels well beyond their capabilities. Lots of backups in the lineup.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 23, 2012, 08:13:18 PM »

As much as it sucks to watch, maybe it will help us draft the player(s) we need.

That's the only positive I can see from today.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #5 : December 23, 2012, 08:26:49 PM »

The problem lies on Freeman.

Because he has become so awful, the run game is much more predictable and hence Doug is not getting much yardage.

Jack Rabbit Slim

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 23, 2012, 08:27:32 PM »

He looks ancy, unorganized and unsure about what he's doing out there, he doesn't go through his progressions and has been in the league 4 years, he never seems to progress, we get a little taste of the potential he has but can never do it on a consistent basis. All of the picks today were absolutely terrible throws except one (tipped ball)

Seeing him smile after throwing the picks as if to say "I didn't know THAT was go an happen" just pisses the hell out of me!

I so wanted to throw my beer at him today and tell him to pull his head out of his @ss! I was close enough....
« : December 23, 2012, 08:29:03 PM Jack Rabbit Slim »

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 23, 2012, 08:29:58 PM »

He looks ancy, unorganized and unsure about what he's doing out there, he doesn't go through his progressions and has been in the league 4 years, he never seems to progress, we get a little taste of the potential he has but can never do it on a consistent basis. All of the picks today were absolutely terrible throws except one (tipped ball)

Seeing him smile after throwing the picks as if to say "I didn't know THAT was go an happen" just pisses the hell out of me!

He has zero fire and heart. This is merely just a job to him. He is the most non-talked about "first round" QB from the past 5 years. Nobody even cares who he is. He is so painfully mediocre that its angry to watch.

Jack Rabbit Slim

Hall of Famer

« #8 : December 23, 2012, 08:31:51 PM »

He has zero fire and heart. This is merely just a job to him. He is the most non-talked about "first round" QB from the past 5 years. Nobody even cares who he is. He is so painfully mediocre that its angry to watch.

It's so frustrating to watch him stare down receivers their entire route

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 23, 2012, 08:34:06 PM »

It's so frustrating to watch him stare down receivers their entire route

Oh he has more then one read.

Primary....3 seconds later...

Check down.

One of the biggest wimps in the league when it comes to his size. Ive never seen a 6'5'' QB so scared to run. What a mangina.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #10 : December 23, 2012, 09:29:16 PM »

If this last game isn't proof enough that he wilts under pressure, and is the most erratic QB in the entire NFL, then nothing will.

He is not a Superbowl Winning QB, and he never will be.  Period.

The guy isn't quick enough with his progressions, and his throws are not a thing of beauty for the most part.

He is just a big, slow, mentally vapid QB.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : December 23, 2012, 09:32:20 PM »

Boid - he looked a lot like Eli did today.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #12 : December 23, 2012, 09:35:18 PM »

Boid - he looked a lot like Eli did today.

Ya ....saw some of that Giants game and you right.

As painful as it is to watch Freeman, he will get next season to get it together.  I don't see them chasing a QB in the draft or free angeny.

After the 2013 season, is when the big decision comes.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #13 : December 23, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »

Freeman may have looked like whoever he wanted, or you guys saw in him.

I just saw a very mediocre QB that is responsible for the teams offensive woes, not all of them, but when he has the ball as much as he does, and leaves so many "WTF" plays on the field, then you have to consider other options.

I am done with him, have said it at least two hundred times, because I want the Bucs to have a winner running the ship, and Josh Freeman is not that guy,no matter what other people may excuse him for.

It is like Mike Clayton all over again.  I railed on him for years and years, and so many of his supporters, "It is too early, maybe a new scheme,maybe a new QB, maybe a new coach" blah blah.  The guy couldn't catch, and he was slow.  Uuuuh....guess what?  His job was to be quick and catch.

Just like Freeman.  The guys job is to make plays and throw the ball.  He doesn't make nearly enough plays as a result of him being innaccurate and mentally incapable.  No matter the rationale, the guy is just dead meat out there, running around making an occasional wow play, followed by a series of "WTF was that Josh?!" plays.  He is not the answer.  One does not need seven or eight seasons to finally have the lights "click".

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

« #14 : December 23, 2012, 09:41:03 PM »

Earlier this week I was on the fence about Freeman.   This game made it very clear to me (who is guilty of being too patient, at times) that Freeman is not capable of being the answer. 
I'm curious to see what the team will do next season to address the position.  There is talent on offense but the unit cannot reach its potential when the ball continues to be put into the other team's hands so frequently/quickly.

Turn the page.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano on Freeman today « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools