Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano on Freeman today « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 23, 2012, 09:43:03 PM

Bucs need to trade him away and get as much value out of him as they can.  I can honestly see a ream giving up at least a first rounder, and maybe a roster filler, maybe a first round pick and a fourth...something like that.

Sucker some team into his "potential".  The guy is tapped out. 

Get a QB who can throw and has the qualities you seek in a pass first league.  Freeman running the 99 Bucs would have been swell.  But a Freeman in a pass happy league is like having a thunder stick hitting safety...oh wait...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 23, 2012, 09:45:46 PM

you might be right boid - who can the bucs get to play qb next season.  and who is going to give what picks for Freeman - a first rounder, AND a 4th.... especially knowing this board's insight to the player as having 'potential'

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 23, 2012, 09:48:27 PM

Just want a QB who can make throws man.  freeman cannot do that as explained, for a variety of reasons that still remain baffling at this stage of his career.  He is practically a five year vet now, and is still struggling with basic concepts and rythmns.

He is like a napkin trying to clean a glass of spilled milk.  Just not going to get it done.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 23, 2012, 09:56:06 PM

Keeping him at this point is like betting that he'll make that 1 in 1,000,000 change like Alex Smith did. I'd rather not count on those odds. He's finishing his fourth season and he still looks like a rookie. It's not happening. I the Mike Williams comparison is a good one. Let's not drag it out and make the same mistake again. Get some picks for him while he still has value.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 23, 2012, 09:57:14 PM

me too.  I think we are a year away - unless someone in the draft shows up this year.  and then picking near 10 gotta hope he drops... not a good picture.  Again - building a running game is huge for this reason - it will be enabling to a qb that isn't as good as hoped.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 23, 2012, 10:00:07 PM

He looks ancy, unorganized and unsure about what he's doing out there, he doesn't go through his progressions and has been in the league 4 years, he never seems to progress, we get a little taste of the potential he has but can never do it on a consistent basis. All of the picks today were absolutely terrible throws except one (tipped ball)

Seeing him smile after throwing the picks as if to say "I didn't know THAT was go an happen" just pisses the hell out of me!

I so wanted to throw my beer at him today and tell him to pull his head out of his @ss! I was close enough....

I'm glad you heeded my warning!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 23, 2012, 10:09:22 PM

Get a game manager, draft another solid RB in the mid rounds like Monte Ball...and work on the defense. The 49ers are a good example that you can still win with a game manager  if you have a great defense and running game. Freeman cannot manage anything. He can't be trusted and has no consistency. He doesn't fit what Schiano wants to do.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 23, 2012, 10:14:03 PM

Monte Ball paired with Martin wold be filthy!

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 23, 2012, 10:15:20 PM

Get a game manager, draft another solid RB in the mid rounds like Monte Ball...and work on the defense. The 49ers are a good example that you can still win with a game manager  if you have a great defense and running game. Freeman cannot manage anything. He can't be trusted and has no consistency. He doesn't fit what Schiano wants to do.

Not really disagreeing with your thought process however I'm not sure your thought process agrees with the coach....or at least what the coach has proclaimed. It was supposed to be run it, run it, throw it downfield. Bring in the typical game manager type and it's a tough offense to run or the team philosophy would need to change pretty quick.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 23, 2012, 10:20:05 PM

and take a look at the niners roster, and then the bucs.  niners have a lot more game to manage... just sayin'

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 23, 2012, 10:34:16 PM

I don't think it is time to give up on Freeman yet. This offense was built this year to run the ball and go downfield. When Freeman was getting a consistent running game he was looking like an all pro. Now with no strong threat in running game, no underneath routes, and no defense Freeman is being forced to put the ball downfield into coverage. If the Bucs continue to improve the O-Line, find someone they want to rely on to supplement Doug Martin, and show a focus on the short passing game to supplement the run then I expect Freeman to show improvement next year. Especially if the defense can get better against the pass. Winning or losing is all on Freeman's shoulders right now.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 24, 2012, 12:10:23 AM

Not really disagreeing with your thought process however I'm not sure your thought process agrees with the coach....or at least what the coach has proclaimed. It was supposed to be run it, run it, throw it downfield. Bring in the typical game manager type and it's a tough offense to run or the team philosophy would need to change pretty quick.

Being a run first team that takes shots deep doesn't mean you don't still need to be able to consistently execute the underneath game too. Freeman can't even hit quick slants, screens, and dump off passes. Game managers can throw it deep in to single coverage too......any professional QB can. We need someone who can do more than that.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 24, 2012, 12:34:31 AM

Being a run first team that takes shots deep doesn't mean you don't still need to be able to consistently execute the underneath game too. Freeman can't even hit quick slants, screens, and dump off passes. Game managers can throw it deep in to single coverage too......any professional QB can. We need someone who can do more than that.

The game manager type isn't one to get the ball downfield consistently...Alex Smith being a perfect example of that. I agree that this is Freeman's big weakness but a game manager will present other issues to overcome which without a stout defense to get the ball back will be hard to overcome. Rather than getting the QB and building the defense, considering they currently have Freeman, I think fix the defense and then if or when he ultimately fails he can be replaced. I'd like to see them bring somebody in but I don't think significant resources should be spent on the position.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#28 : December 24, 2012, 12:48:21 AM

The game manager type isn't one to get the ball downfield consistently...Alex Smith being a perfect example of that. I agree that this is Freeman's big weakness but a game manager will present other issues to overcome which without a stout defense to get the ball back will be hard to overcome. Rather than getting the QB and building the defense, considering they currently have Freeman, I think fix the defense and then if or when he ultimately fails he can be replaced. I'd like to see them bring somebody in but I don't think significant resources should be spent on the position.

He hasn't ultimately failed to you by now?

To me he has...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 24, 2012, 12:54:13 AM

Agree with these thoughts. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano on Freeman today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools