Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When do you know if a QB is a bust? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: December 24, 2012, 03:26:13 PM

Old article, but read it and apply it to Freeman.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftquarterbackbusts.php

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 24, 2012, 04:14:10 PM

If he wears the No.5, plays for Tampa, and mails it in during meaningless games, then he is a bust.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 24, 2012, 04:50:10 PM

When do you know if you are wasting your time posting your thoughts on all things Bucs...?

When you post them in one of the boards biggest pansy's threads...  Why...?

Queen Delete-athon is sure to tuck tail, and DELETE - as usual.

To call you a WUSS would be an insult...  to every wuss there ever has been.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 25, 2012, 01:30:48 AM

He wasn't anything special at Kansas State and we reached in drafting him. I don't think he's a bust because we reached in the first place.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 26, 2012, 06:34:03 AM

good point - most busts actually were successful in college

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 26, 2012, 10:00:19 AM

We drafted him in R1 and we expect R1 results.

to me the problem is his completeion % which puts him in the same realm as Jake Locker and John Skelton right now. He's never been accurate but he's gotten a lot worse this year. His QBR puts him in the realm of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

A franchise QB is a guy that on 3rd and 7 you think, really know, can make the throw to move the chains consistently...does anyone feel that way about Josh right now?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 26, 2012, 10:09:09 AM

We drafted him in R1 and we expect R1 results.

to me the problem is his completeion % which puts him in the same realm as Jake Locker and John Skelton right now. He's never been accurate but he's gotten a lot worse this year. His QBR puts him in the realm of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

A franchise QB is a guy that on 3rd and 7 you think, really know, can make the throw to move the chains consistently...does anyone feel that way about Josh right now?

I'll tell you this... I'd have more faith in Freeman making a 3rd and 15 than a 3rd and 7.  I'm guessing Schiano and Sullivan feel the same way, since on a pivotal 3rd and 8, they chose to run the ball.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 26, 2012, 10:15:25 AM

I'll tell you this... I'd have more faith in Freeman making a 3rd and 15 than a 3rd and 7.  I'm guessing Schiano and Sullivan feel the same way, since on a pivotal 3rd and 8, they chose to run the ball.

Freeman might be bottom 5 in terms of making 3rd and 7 but if I had 3rd and 19 he might be top 5. That's because he can be occasionally spectacular but can he be consistently good?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 26, 2012, 10:19:50 AM

The whole team sucks........but that's nothing new.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 26, 2012, 10:34:08 AM

Freeman might be bottom 5 in terms of making 3rd and 7 but if I had 3rd and 19 he might be top 5. That's because he can be occasionally spectacular but can he be consistently good?

If I were a gambling man... I'd put my money on "No".

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 26, 2012, 12:44:43 PM

Curtis Lofton, LB Saints, told ex-Buc Scot Brantley that as long as the Bucs have Freeman, they'll be a bad football team. He said this after the Saints kicking the Bucs' asses - and Brantley told a local radio host this on his show recently.   

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 26, 2012, 01:09:01 PM

Curtis Lofton, LB Saints, told ex-Buc Scot Brantley that as long as the Bucs have Freeman, they'll be a bad football team. He said this after the Saints kicking the Bucs' asses - and Brantley told a local radio host this on his show recently.

I'm not saying that this is golden information... nor am I saying he's just spouting crap, but I would love to know exactly what defenseive players and defensive coordinators truely think about Freeman.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 26, 2012, 03:22:18 PM

Did he say why he thinks that?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 26, 2012, 03:26:21 PM

He said that because he played for a team with Matt Ryan and now Drew Brees and Freeman isn't much like either of those two, yet. He's only 24.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 26, 2012, 03:30:27 PM

He said that because he played for a team with Matt Ryan and now Drew Brees and Freeman isn't much like either of those two, yet. He's only 24.

Can we stop with 24. He's in his 4th year in the league. Chronological age has diddly to do with anything.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When do you know if a QB is a bust? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools