Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For every Freeman thread there should be 10 McCoy threads « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #45 : December 26, 2012, 03:17:59 PM »

I still wish the bucs would've drafted jj watts. Ugh.
How exactly would they have done that, and what does that have to do with McCoy?

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

« #46 : December 26, 2012, 03:53:37 PM »

Man!  I wish the Bucs would have drafted this guy whose name I don't even know!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #47 : December 26, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »

McCoy is pretty much a carbon copy of Kevin Williams

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

« #48 : December 26, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »

#1 rushing defense in the NFL.

GTFO.

Exactly. Fans think real football is like Madden were only stats determines a players worth.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
« #49 : December 26, 2012, 05:13:27 PM »

Er....the Bucs had no chance to draft JJ Watt.  He was gone long before they drafted in 2011.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #50 : December 26, 2012, 05:21:07 PM »

McCoy not a game changer and not worth $45mil.........not worth $2mil as it stands......I'd call him a shade above average at his position.

Agreed. A huge dissappointment. You can find run stuffing DT's in the middle rounds.

If you draft a DT 3rd overall it's because you think he can be a difference maker in the pass rush.  He's not . Not even close. We have arguably the worst pass rush in the league , and he was drafted to help change that , make no mistake.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
« #51 : December 26, 2012, 05:33:04 PM »

If he makes 5 pro bowls as a run stuffer, is he still a disappointment?  I'm not saying he'll do that, I'm just wondering what is your bar for disappointment.  Because by most standards, he is, at worst, a top 15 DT in the NFL right now, and some, as you've seen, would put him as a top 3 DT.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #52 : December 26, 2012, 05:40:11 PM »

Ian Beckles says defensive captain Gerald McCoy is the core of the Bucs' defensive problems.

“McCoy had three good games early and he beat up the Eagles lousy right guard,” Beckles said. “I’m going to have everybody tell me McCoy is good when he only shows up for four weeks? Our leaders have to have attitude. He has to be hitting the quarterback. Our leader has to make plays.”

Beckles said, yes, it matters that McCoy is earning boatload of cash.
http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80850

All Beckles did was play Guard in the NFL for 8 years and block DT's every day  .  What would he know compared to Buggs ? The guy who's never played a down , and who's online resume' contains nothing of note besids welching on bets ,tossing insults , and getting himself suspended.

I'll go with Ian Beckles.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #53 : December 26, 2012, 05:57:57 PM »

Ian Beckles says defensive captain Gerald McCoy is the core of the Bucs' defensive problems.

“McCoy had three good games early and he beat up the Eagles lousy right guard,” Beckles said. “I’m going to have everybody tell me McCoy is good when he only shows up for four weeks? Our leaders have to have attitude. He has to be hitting the quarterback. Our leader has to make plays.”

Beckles said, yes, it matters that McCoy is earning boatload of cash.
http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80850

All Beckles did was play Guard in the NFL for 8 years and block DT's every day  .  What would he know compared to Buggs ? The guy who's never played a down , and who's online resume' contains nothing of note besids welching on bets ,tossing insults , and getting himself suspended.

I'll go with Ian Beckles.
That type of comment really makes me laugh.

All Matt Millen did was be a 4 time Super Bowl champion & 2 time All Pro, why hasn't he been given a job as an NFL GM because he obviously knows what it takes to play in the NFL, oh wait....
« : December 26, 2012, 06:01:23 PM TBTrojan »

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #54 : December 26, 2012, 05:58:33 PM »

If he makes 5 pro bowls as a run stuffer, is he still a disappointment?  I'm not saying he'll do that, I'm just wondering what is your bar for disappointment.  Because by most standards, he is, at worst, a top 15 DT in the NFL right now, and some, as you've seen, would put him as a top 3 DT.

He's never making 5 pro bowls if he doesn't learn how to pass rush. Period. DT's who are stout against the run but can't get after the passer are a dime a dozen.

Look at our own team as an example: Girly Man has only 30  tackles . Gary Gibson and Roy Miller , who have split the NT duties this season , have  gotten us 37 . If you want to put guys in the pro bowl for playing the run alone , he isn't even 1st in line on this defense.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #55 : December 26, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »

...and TBT , if you don't want people to compare your football resume' to the guy who made the comments , don't say something stupid like this :

If Ian Beckles is in the same boat as you, it's a good idea to jump out.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #56 : December 26, 2012, 06:26:19 PM »

...and TBT , if you don't want people to compare your football resume' to the guy who made the comments , don't say something stupid like this :

If Ian Beckles is in the same boat as you, it's a good idea to jump out.
That coming from a guy who calls a possible pro bowl DT "Girly Man"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #57 : December 26, 2012, 06:55:47 PM »

Wow. Some people on this board are really eph'n stupid.

McCoy is a DT that has shown some signs of dominance.  He is an anchor in the best downhill defense in the NFL, a ringleader in the tackles
For Losses as a result of the doubles he sees. Glad he is a Buc, and I blasted him constantly. He is a part of the solution, not a problem.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #58 : December 26, 2012, 06:57:08 PM »

This thread is proof that the average fan is a stat obsessed moron who has no idea how to analyze a game, as if we needed confirmation.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #59 : December 26, 2012, 07:09:10 PM »

Well there you go... Mccoy to Pro Bowl. :)
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For every Freeman thread there should be 10 McCoy threads « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools