Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For every Freeman thread there should be 10 McCoy threads « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 24, 2012, 08:10:40 PM

I would like to see McCoy and Suh go at it in the Octagon. I think that would settle a few things......or at least shut McCoy up until he got out of the body cast.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 24, 2012, 08:12:07 PM

I wanna see Suh and McCoy on the same line. Think we can get him away from Detroit for less than a first rounder? Wishful thinking I know.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 24, 2012, 08:17:24 PM

I would like to see McCoy and Suh go at it in the Octagon. I think that would settle a few things......or at least shut McCoy up until he got out of the body cast.

What does the Octagon have to do with being a football player?  LaRon Landry would be a freak in the Octagon, but he's a **CENSORED**ty football player.

Bucs1320

Practice Squad

#18 : December 24, 2012, 09:36:36 PM

I wanna see Suh and McCoy on the same line. Think we can get him away from Detroit for less than a first rounder? Wishful thinking I know.
Coach Schiano won't take a loose cannon like Suh. The first time he stomps a guys head or leg, everyone will be crying about it.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 24, 2012, 09:40:26 PM

Sorry your argument for why Freeman doesn't suck is because McCoy sucks too?   Are you ten?

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 24, 2012, 09:43:11 PM

You are judging McCoy off the number of sacks he has? LOL. DT's don't get many sacks, they are more of run stoppers.

And guess what? The Bucs have the best run defense in the NFL and lead the NFL in TFL's.

McCoy has been great this year.

Change the title to, 'For every Freeman thread there should be 10 pass defense threads' and then you'd be onto something.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 24, 2012, 09:54:26 PM

Coach Schiano won't take a loose cannon like Suh. The first time he stomps a guys head or leg, everyone will be crying about it.

That's very true. Just love his killer attitude. Would be deadly next to McCoy. Plus it's a long shot.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#22 : December 24, 2012, 11:37:39 PM

I think you may be on to something BucBalla.  Think about when Sapp was dominating during the heyday.  He had better than average pass rushers going at it with him from the other DT position.  Culpepper was a serious threat at times, as was Booger.  McCoy will play even better if we upgrade the other DT spot in terms of pass rush.  The argument can be made that Sapp made players around him better, but seriously, Simeon Rice was already good.  McCoy is definitely not Sapp II and never will be.  He doesn't have the nasty streak that Sapp did.  I still think he is not the biggest problem in Tampa's pass rush.  Schemes need to get better, and talent will upgrade next year, either through health, or player additions.  I consider it a success this year that McCoy has stayed healthy and been disruptive.  Numbers will improve as he gains experience and the overall defense improves.

Let me ask you this:  How many times can the words "coverage sack" be used this year?  Those things add up, and even a player of Sapp's caliber would not have gotten too many sacks with the defensive backfield playing the way they have this season.

On a side note. . .Bennett's comments after the game really make me want to hang on to this guy.  There is a little fire there, some of that nasty demeanor that we need.  Now let's get another mauler on the inside.

El Diablo

Starter

#23 : December 25, 2012, 07:31:04 AM

McCoy can play but we are just going to see if he can stay healthy. No more of these season ending injuries and yes he will be worth the money. If not he will just be our next Booger.  Also it's not fair to compare him to Sapp who is maybe the best DT to ever play the game.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 25, 2012, 07:49:32 AM

You are judging McCoy off the number of sacks he has? LOL. DT's don't get many sacks, they are more of run stoppers.

And guess what? The Bucs have the best run defense in the NFL and lead the NFL in TFL's.

Change the title to, 'For every Freeman thread there should be 10 pass defense threads' and then you'd be onto something.

Geno Atkins has 20.5 sacks in 2 seasons as starter. Suh has 21 in 3 years. Last I checked pass rush is a major part of pass defense.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 25, 2012, 10:36:47 AM

Gerald McCoy is 2nd in the NFL among DT's in QB Hurries with 33
Gerald McCoy is 4th in the NFL among DT's in QB Hits with 12
Gerald McCoy is tied for 7th among DT's in sacks with 5
Gerald McCoy is rated 3rd vs. the run among DT's by the evil PFF
Gerald McCoy is rated the 2nd overall DT by the evil PFF

LMAO @ the Freepologist's newest excuse.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 25, 2012, 11:20:48 AM

Gerald McCoy is 2nd in the NFL among DT's in QB Hurries with 33
Gerald McCoy is 4th in the NFL among DT's in QB Hits with 12
Gerald McCoy is tied for 7th among DT's in sacks with 5
Gerald McCoy is rated 3rd vs. the run among DT's by the evil PFF
Gerald McCoy is rated the 2nd overall DT by the evil PFF

This. Sacks don't tell the whole story.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#27 : December 25, 2012, 11:23:17 AM

I agree with the thread title though.

There should be much more threads about McCoy. He's played very well for us.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 25, 2012, 11:24:54 AM

Geno Atkins has 20.5 sacks in 2 seasons as starter. Suh has 21 in 3 years. Last I checked pass rush is a major part of pass defense.

Atkins is a stud and his having a monster year and is a legit candidate for DPOY.  Suh has had great success rushing the passer but is not a complete player and is a liability in run defense.  Don't see how either of these examples show that McCoy isn't earning his check.

Atkins is the clear #1 DT in the league.  After him you could make a strong case for McCoy at #2.  Only other guys you could argue above him are maybe Kyle Williams or Nick Fairly.  Melton and Suh are both rushing the passer well but aren't good run defenders.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 25, 2012, 11:56:42 AM

Atkins isn't the every down player McCoy is. Atkins plays in much fewer plays than Gerald McCoy. He played in 732 snaps, McCoy has played in over 900 total snaps. All while still producing as a top notch run defender. I suspect if McCoy were to get a rest his pass rushing opportunities would be capitalized on. And we're totally ignoring the fact that Peko is a beast. Dunlap AND Michael Johnson are panning out the way Clayborn and Bowers were suppose to be. Right now its just GMAC and Bennett on the front line. And it helps Atkins that he has a mastermind of a defensive coordinator in Mike Zimmer  vs(yes I'm talking about Sheridan the frequent stunts and predictable blitz packages......
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For every Freeman thread there should be 10 McCoy threads « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools