Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For every Freeman thread there should be 10 McCoy threads « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #30 : December 25, 2012, 07:17:06 PM »

Gerald McCoy is 2nd in the NFL among DT's in QB Hurries with 33
Gerald McCoy is 4th in the NFL among DT's in QB Hits with 12
Gerald McCoy is tied for 7th among DT's in sacks with 5
Gerald McCoy is rated 3rd vs. the run among DT's by the evil PFF
Gerald McCoy is rated the 2nd overall DT by the evil PFF

LMAO @ the Freepologist's newest excuse.

Lol @ "by the evil PFF"

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #31 : December 25, 2012, 07:58:32 PM »

McCoy is top 5 in the league at his position.  Certainly sucks that he missed time to injuries but he is earning his check when he's on the field.

What position is that, tweeter?

LOL

...and BTW:
If McCoy is ranked highly in pass rushing stats at his position , it's speaks more to the complete irrelevance of the position in the pass rush , more so than of the dominance of McCoy. It also shows why you should never draft a DT 3rd overall unless you are convinced he is the 2nd coming of Warren Sapp.

We are 29th in the league in QB sacks , and QB's have all day to pass against us every game.  12 QB hits on the entire season is not impressive for a guy who is supposed to be a game changer .The 45 million dollar man ain't gettin it done. The fact that the league contains no other dominant D-tackles right now doesn't excuse Girly Man .  He is not a difference maker out there. End of story.

Wasted pick.
« : December 25, 2012, 08:54:12 PM Fire Mark Dummynik »

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #32 : December 25, 2012, 09:00:11 PM »

McCoy is top 5 in the league at his position.  Certainly sucks that he missed time to injuries but he is earning his check when he's on the field.

LOL

...and BTW:
If McCoy is ranked highly in pass rushing stats at his position , it's speaks more to the complete irrelevance of the position in the pass rush , more so than of the dominance of McCoy. It also shows why you should never draft a DT 3rd overall unless you are convinced he is the 2nd coming of Warren Sapp.

We are 29th in the league in QB sacks , and QB's have all day to pass against us every game.  12 QB hits on the entire season is not impressive for a guy who is supposed to be a game changer .The 45 million dollar man ain't gettin it done. The fact that the league contains no other dominant D-tackles right now doesn't excuse Girly Man .  He is not a difference maker out there. End of story.

Wasted pick.

Ah, the thought process of a simpleton.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

« #33 : December 25, 2012, 09:04:01 PM »

The fact that the league contains no other dominant D-tackles right now doesn't excuse Girly Man .  He is not a difference maker out there. End of story.

Wasted pick.

So...you're acknowledging that he is amongst the best at his position this year, but he has to be better?  Picks are wasted unless they're Hall of Famers?

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

« #34 : December 25, 2012, 09:08:33 PM »

McCoy is a far better defensive tackle than Freeman is a QB.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

CANTCME

Second String

« #35 : December 25, 2012, 10:20:33 PM »

LOL

...and BTW:

Wasted pick.

another person that doesn't agree with you
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8769085/bill-barnwell-make-pro-bowl

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #36 : December 26, 2012, 02:42:24 AM »

LOL

...and BTW:

Wasted pick.

another person that doesn't agree with you
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8769085/bill-barnwell-make-pro-bowl

Here's another one.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/pro-bowl-picks-afc-nfc-san-francisco-49ers-seattle-seahawks-122412#tab=photo-title=Defensive+tackles+%25283%2529%253A+Justin+Smith%252C+Nick+Fairley%252C+Gerald+McCoy&photo=31498329

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

« #37 : December 26, 2012, 10:38:13 AM »

Gerald McCoy is 2nd in the NFL among DT's in QB Hurries with 33
Gerald McCoy is 4th in the NFL among DT's in QB Hits with 12
Gerald McCoy is tied for 7th among DT's in sacks with 5
Gerald McCoy is rated 3rd vs. the run among DT's by the evil PFF
Gerald McCoy is rated the 2nd overall DT by the evil PFF

LMAO @ the Freepologist's newest excuse.
Exactly.  This thread is an embarrassment.  The OP and people that agree with the OP do NOT understand football.  There's really not much else to it.

Geno Atkins is the clear best UT in the league.  McCoy might be #2.  I wouldn't be surprised if the people whining about McCoy don't even know who Atkins is,
« : December 26, 2012, 10:41:51 AM BucsnNoles »

deadzone

Hall of Famer

« #38 : December 26, 2012, 11:04:00 AM »

McCoy may have some stats, but he's not a game changer and not worth $45mil.........not worth $2mil as it stands......I'd call him a shade above average at his position.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 26, 2012, 11:05:37 AM »

not worth $2mil as it stands......
That's just stupid.  Yes, he's overpaid where he is right now, but that's just a function of the old CBA.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #40 : December 26, 2012, 01:12:53 PM »

Ian Beckles says defensive captain Gerald McCoy is the core of the Bucs' defensive problems.

“McCoy had three good games early and he beat up the Eagles lousy right guard,” Beckles said. “I’m going to have everybody tell me McCoy is good when he only shows up for four weeks? Our leaders have to have attitude. He has to be hitting the quarterback. Our leader has to make plays.”

Beckles said, yes, it matters that McCoy is earning boatload of cash.
http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80850

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #41 : December 26, 2012, 01:18:43 PM »

Ian Beckles says defensive captain Gerald McCoy is the core of the Bucs' defensive problems.

“McCoy had three good games early and he beat up the Eagles lousy right guard,” Beckles said. “I’m going to have everybody tell me McCoy is good when he only shows up for four weeks? Our leaders have to have attitude. He has to be hitting the quarterback. Our leader has to make plays.”

Beckles said, yes, it matters that McCoy is earning boatload of cash.
http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80850

If Ian Beckles is in the same boat as you, it's a good idea to jump out.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #42 : December 26, 2012, 01:24:10 PM »

McCoy may have some stats, but he's not a game changer and not worth $45mil.........not worth $2mil as it stands......I'd call him a shade above average at his position.

He's very good the problem is he's the guy following "The Guy". No one in my lifetime or yours will look as good as Sapp did and that is who people compare McCoy to.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

« #43 : December 26, 2012, 01:44:42 PM »

Based on what is he simply above average?  You see all these stats that show he's more than above-average, even if you don't necessarily believe he's top 5 at his position this year, and there are all these people outside the Tampa area who believe he should be in the Pro Bowl this year.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #44 : December 26, 2012, 02:45:19 PM »

I still wish the bucs would've drafted jj watts. Ugh.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For every Freeman thread there should be 10 McCoy threads « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools