Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers have 25 sacks ALL YEAR « previous next »
Page: 1 2

KingHyperion

Practice Squad

: December 25, 2012, 02:55:47 PM

ranked 29th... I understand the corners have been terrible all year but blame should definitely be put on our pass rush as well. every time we blitz, it gets picked up and the QB has all day. Clayborn coming back + the draft will hopefully fix this.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#1 : December 25, 2012, 02:57:39 PM

Maybe we have **CENSORED**ty press corners

or a **CENSORED**ty scheme

or **CENSORED**ty pass rushers

or all of the above

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#2 : December 25, 2012, 03:21:13 PM

I think our pass rush will improve with Clayborn and Bowers at 100% next year. The stunts we run to stop the run game arent helping us rush the passer either. We need to let our guys get up the field.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 25, 2012, 04:11:45 PM

Guys get open in less than 3 seconds. Its a mix of bad pass coverage and inconsistent play with the pass rush.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 25, 2012, 05:09:02 PM

Clayborn and Bowers and Bennett are all good NFL DEs but they are not more than just above average. We need a dominant pass rushing DE. We haven't had one of those since Rice left. We need a Jared Allen, JPP, JJ Watt, Julius Peppers kind of DE that even if he doesn't get a sack...he's always around the QB and causing pressure. Our DEs can go an entire game and not even sniff the QB but maybe once or twice. I think sacks are overrated but pressure is not and this D-line (even when healthy) is average at best.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 25, 2012, 05:46:04 PM

This ^^^ is what I am seeing - if you can't play man for 3 seconds your pass rush has to be legendary to get sacks - and the bucs have a dline with injuries, and will be better when healthy.  But still have to cover a lot better is sacks are in the future for this team.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 25, 2012, 06:34:52 PM

We always hear about the front 7, the front 7, the front 7, isn't it really the front 9? To dbucfan's point, if we can't hold receivers for 3 seconds, Sapp/Rice/Booger, etc wouldn't have a chance. FS is the centerfielder shagging the potential homerun TD's from the QB's and the SS is really a pseudo LB for run support, so in theory, better coverage/shut down corners makes our Dline more effective because the QB has to hold onto the ball that much longer, hence they get more pressure & sacks.
: December 25, 2012, 07:27:51 PM Rusty

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 25, 2012, 06:39:14 PM

We blitzed the hell out of Sam Bradford and he still had all day. It is a problem.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 25, 2012, 07:09:14 PM

It's obvious to anyone who has been paying attention that this Rutgers defense is NOT going to work in the NFL.

We are going to have the worst pass D in NFL history.....and we still blitz like there is no tommorrow. We have major coaching and scheme issues........Best to withhold judgement on the players who are NOT being put into the best positions to succeed. It's not debateable at this point. It's fact. We either get a new defensive scheme and coaching, or we suck again next year, period.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 25, 2012, 08:17:46 PM

It's obvious to anyone who has been paying attention that this Rutgers defense is NOT going to work in the NFL.

We are going to have the worst pass D in NFL history.....and we still blitz like there is no tommorrow. We have major coaching and scheme issues........Best to withhold judgement on the players who are NOT being put into the best positions to succeed. It's not debateable at this point. It's fact. We either get a new defensive scheme and coaching, or we suck again next year, period.

Well, I was going to say something, but since it's not debatable I guess I can't.

Oh well, that's why I came here, so here goes.

Do we need better line play?  At least a little bit.
Do we need better production when we do blitz? Overwhelmingly yes.
Do we get more sacks with better corners? Yes, no coverage sacks I can remember this year.
Does the defensive scheme need a complete overhaul/coaching?  I think we need some tweaks for sure, but not a total overhaul(completely new scheme may even be a setback, considering success against the run).

Ms Elam

Starter

#10 : December 25, 2012, 08:20:10 PM

If Jarvis Jones is Von Miller 2.0 sell the draft for him. D. Milliner is the top corner right now and I think he's just ok. I just dont think Jarvis Jones is the animal Miller is. But everyone of the draft analyst are sold on him. Jones doesn't look like the naturally ferocious pass rusher that Miller is. He just looks like he's more athletic than college tackles, and that means squat in the NFL.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 25, 2012, 08:33:13 PM

ranked 29th... I understand the corners have been terrible all year but blame should definitely be put on our pass rush as well.

But Girly Man Gerald McCoy is killing it . Can't you see the fear in the QB's eyes ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 25, 2012, 09:00:23 PM

If Jarvis Jones is Von Miller 2.0 sell the draft for him. D. Milliner is the top corner right now and I think he's just ok. I just dont think Jarvis Jones is the animal Miller is. But everyone of the draft analyst are sold on him. Jones doesn't look like the naturally ferocious pass rusher that Miller is. He just looks like he's more athletic than college tackles, and that means squat in the NFL.
Von was a much, much better athlete coming out. He is like a lessor version of Miller. Miller has a better burst off the line, bigger, and has longer arms. Jones also has a mild case of spine stenosis  so who knows how much he has left in the NFL. It was the reason why he transferred from USC to UGA.

I don't want ANY of our draft picks, especially on defense with medical history. AC and Bowers is enough, a third would be tragic.

That said, I'm with you on Milliner. I'm not 100% sold that he is a legit top 10 prospect or screams elite, best CB in the nation. There are plenty of CB's in my opinion who are just as good as him. Bradley Roby and Logan Ryan can be had in the latter then we should definitely trade down.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 25, 2012, 09:04:28 PM

or a **CENSORED**ty scheme

or **CENSORED**ty pass rushers

or all of the above

It's all of the above. They have all had its part in the lack of sacks.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 26, 2012, 03:23:26 PM

Ok so no pass rush and the secondary is brutal.

Deja Vu.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers have 25 sacks ALL YEAR « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools