Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexmonkey's Big 2013 Draft Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

: December 26, 2012, 09:12:11 PM

well its that time of year again folks. we still have glaring needs and im going to look at a few players that could definately be brought in to help out. Im not neccesarily going to put up all the obvious guys like milliner, banks, rhodes etc. this thread is going to focus more on a few guys i think can help out in other areas.

Before anyone brings it up, NO, we will not be selecting a QB in my opinion. theres a million other threads about Freeman and id like to keep this one uncluttered. please feel free to make other possible suggestions in this thread and lets keep it civil and productive.

First up is Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU. kid was on a tead this year. he lined up all over for BYU and was a keep component in their top 10 defense. he really shined rushing the passer and is in the same mold of Von Miller.

Vital Stats
6'3  235 OLB
51 tackles 12.5sacks 2 INTs

2012 Poinsettia bowl highlights

2011 Highlights

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 26, 2012, 09:18:21 PM

Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State
6'1 215
84 Tackles 4 sacks 8ints

CptSwaggARR

Second String

#2 : December 26, 2012, 09:27:12 PM

I actually prefer Jamie Collins as a pass rushing backer, he can cover too..he was a S, before SO Miss moved him to backer and then  to pass rusher and DE..he is a backer in the NFL...better athlete then Van Noy

I like Kevin Minter at mlb, which would allow you to move Foster to slb

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 26, 2012, 09:31:14 PM

Couple OTs we could get in the 2nd/3rd round to plug in at RT since we definately need a solution there

Justin Pugh OL Syracuse
6'6 300

Oday Aboushi OT Virginia
6'6 310

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 26, 2012, 09:33:15 PM

One really interesting player to me if he's around in the second is Margus Hunt.  Very very raw player, came over from Estonia to actually be a track and field athlete, but switched over to football.  He's older, 25, but just an absolute freak athlete.  4.6-4.7 40 as a brute force d-lineman.  If Bennett leaves, I'd love to roll the dice on this guy.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 26, 2012, 09:33:48 PM

Andre Ellington RB Clemson
5'9 190
2012 Stats
1031yds 8 Tds 197yds rec 1 TD

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 26, 2012, 09:35:21 PM

One really interesting player to me if he's around in the second is Margus Hunt.  Very very raw player, came over from Estonia to actually be a track and field athlete, but switched over to football.  He's older, 25, but just an absolute freak athlete.  4.6-4.7 40 as a brute force d-lineman.  If Bennett leaves, I'd love to roll the dice on this guy.

seems more like a 3-4 end and i dunno if hed fit in here but hes a beast. he singlehandedly wrecked Fresno State's offense in the Hawaii bowl this year. i watched him demolish a triple team and get a sack. you dont see that happen often

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 26, 2012, 09:42:38 PM

I've seen him primarily as a 3-4 end or a 4-3 tackle, though I've seen some people say they think he could play 4-3 end.  Obviously teams will try him out at a bunch of positions during his workouts.  He's just so intriguing to me.  And his age and the fact that he's played so little football could cause him to drop farther than he should.  Definitely not the safest pick for a number of reasons, but you gotta love pure freaks.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 26, 2012, 09:47:05 PM

at this point id rather have a safe pick than a boom or bust guy. id rather get a good solid starter than take a chance, yeah you might get a john randall or a warren sapp but you might also get a vernon golston. we arent in the position to be taking major chances on players. if hes one of our 2 4th rounders im ok but i doubt he makes it that far

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 26, 2012, 09:51:28 PM

Yeah, definitely not necessarily advocating taking him early, but he's someone I'd at least take a long look at for the 2nd, and I'd probably jump on him in the 3rd.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 26, 2012, 09:58:01 PM

couple Tight Ends

Levin Toilolo Stanford
6'8 265

Joseph Fauria UCLA
6'7 258

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 26, 2012, 11:10:42 PM

Lots of interesting guys in this thread.

Since we obviously aren't going to use Blount, I'd like to see us pick a real #2 RB in the mid rounds to pair up with Martin. Monte Ball would be my first choice, but would likely take our 3rd round pick. Another option would be Dennis Johnson. He can probably be had in the 4th or even 5th round....but I dig him.

Tampafan8251

Starter
#12 : December 26, 2012, 11:12:47 PM

Definitely agree we need a tight end but I would like to solve that in Free Agency rather than drafting one...Martelus Bennett said today he would prefer to play with his brother and I see us resigning Mike so I would love to bring in his brother, he's only 25 years old and showed this year that he can be a factor now that he's not sitting behind Witten..The guy can block and make plays and would make this O even scarier. Now to the draft talk, like we all know we need DB's, if we lose we may have a better chance at Milliner who I think is the best but if we can't get him I would be fine with getting either Banks or Rhodes who I think will rise once the combine comes. In the second round if he declares I see Schiano being all over Logan Ryan, he's physical and can be a playmaker. Jamar Taylor from Boise has been rising lately and the kid is a baller, those are some CB'names that I have been paying attention to

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 26, 2012, 11:59:16 PM

I don't know if anyone watched the SMU beat down of Fresno State, but a player that caught my eye was this DE on SMU named Margus Hunt. He's an unbelievably physically talented guy who is also insanely raw. I feel like he's the type of guy who will definitely make a big jump up the boards when he goes through his pro day and the combine. Here's a link on him.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=103696&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE

EDIT - My bad TheAman, I just saw your post on Hunt. Looks like he caught your attention as well. Crazy talented.
: December 27, 2012, 12:07:21 AM bucs449

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#14 : December 27, 2012, 01:40:24 AM

I almost made a thread about Hunt after watching that game the other day.  He just played himself into a lot of money.  He's probably going to go to NE, seems like their type of player.

I also like a lot of the other guys mentioned, Jamie Collins and Justin Pugh in particular.  I posted a mock a few weeks ago in another thread with those names. Pugh could be groomed to take over at LT since Penn isn't getting any younger.  He seems like Schiano's type of player; good character, team leader, and Schiano's familiar with him from Big East.  Collins stock may shoot up after the Senior bowl and combine, but I'd be willing to take him in the 3rd-4th and let him compete to play SAM.

Gavin Escobar is a TE that I like from San Diego St. He was pretty quiet in their bowl game, but he's big and athletic.  Could be a round 3-4 guy.

Lemarcus Joyner S - Undersized (5'8") FS prospect from FSU. He's always making plays and is a team leader.  May not be big enough to start, but would add depth and be a top ST guy.

Duke Williams S Nevada - Had a good bowl game, including a pick.  I heard someone (maybe McShay) compare him to Glover Quin who I think we should have a keen interest on in FA.

Quinton Patton WR - Highly productive out of La Tech.  Good character.  Johnthan Banks called him the best WR he's faced (in 2011). Patton had 87 Rec yds and a TD that game.
: December 27, 2012, 02:43:20 AM chattertonm3
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexmonkey's Big 2013 Draft Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools