Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexmonkey's Big 2013 Draft Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#150 : January 07, 2013, 09:57:35 PM

Fisher likely gone by 13 as well unfortunately. Lewan hasnt even declared yet but id be shocked if he didn't

Go Bucs

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#151 : January 07, 2013, 09:58:01 PM

lets be honest it does fit our needs. we could do a partial UF draft if youd like. i wouldnt mind that either

1 - Elam(with a tradeback)
2. Floyd
3. Carradine (sorry no UF guys i like here)
4. Reed

shoot no.  i was joking, but i do like those fsu guys.  i wonder about elams coverage at the next level.  i wonder what floyd will do great at the next level.  and i despise reed, plenty of talent - but never comes up big.

yeah im not tryin to be a homer but this is one of the first years that FSU is actually producing a bunch of NFL talent in a while. alot of the guys weve got coming out fit the Bucs needs. im a firm believer that a team in Florida should take advantage of florida talent. youve got FSU,UF,and UM in this state.  all three are legitimate football factories and local college products get their fans fired up to see them continue on as pros. i dont know about you but i watch other NFL teams to see how former FSU players are doing. id love to see more state of florida guys on the Bucs

CptSwaggARR

Second String

#152 : January 08, 2013, 08:35:54 PM

bump

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#153 : January 09, 2013, 02:32:36 AM

Curious to watch Dri Archer in the bowl game this weekend.  Never seen him play, but he sure looks electrifying in his youtube clips.  Could be a mid round option for slot/kr/pr?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#154 : January 09, 2013, 08:26:08 AM

Curious to watch Dri Archer in the bowl game this weekend.  Never seen him play, but he sure looks electrifying in his youtube clips.  Could be a mid round option for slot/kr/pr?

Did he declare? I didn't think he was coming out for this draft. If he is, then I'd love to spend  a late round pick on him. Maybe even a mid round pick. We desperately need a quick returner. It was killing us this year, but nobody talks about it as a big need. He'd be huge for us. Immediate improvement in field position and he is the type of returner who will probably get you 2 or 3 TDs a year too. Plus he is just freaking lighting in a bottle, so I'm sure we could work him into our offense on a limited basis as well.

If he is declaring though, his stock will likely sky rocket after the combine. His speed and quickness is off the charts.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#155 : January 09, 2013, 08:32:25 AM

Agreed!  We need a returner but not as bad as we need corners and a pass rush.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#156 : January 09, 2013, 01:48:20 PM

Yeah, I don't think I can stomach TB picking another safety in the first round. I love Matt Elam but we got that in Mark Barron. Elam is a pure SS at the next level, all the way. If we go safety it should be DJ Swearinger round 3.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#157 : January 09, 2013, 01:50:43 PM

Watson's is a former basketball player, who's a very raw prospect - a developmental project - has played in roughly 20 football games in his life. He has natural athletic ability, but needs time to develop and refine his technique. Could be a late 3rd day option for a team. But he might be viewed as guard by some NFL teams an a possible candidate to be pushed inside at the next level.
Sounds a lot like Dotson. I rather Tampa draft football players than these freak athletes that haven't tapped into potential yet.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#158 : January 09, 2013, 03:23:03 PM

Did he declare? I didn't think he was coming out for this draft. If he is, then I'd love to spend  a late round pick on him. Maybe even a mid round pick. We desperately need a quick returner. It was killing us this year, but nobody talks about it as a big need. He'd be huge for us. Immediate improvement in field position and he is the type of returner who will probably get you 2 or 3 TDs a year too. Plus he is just freaking lighting in a bottle, so I'm sure we could work him into our offense on a limited basis as well.

If he is declaring though, his stock will likely sky rocket after the combine. His speed and quickness is off the charts.
he hasn't declared, yet. I was hoping he would after his bowl game due to his coach moving on to greener pastures.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#159 : January 09, 2013, 04:44:05 PM

Watson's is a former basketball player, who's a very raw prospect - a developmental project - has played in roughly 20 football games in his life. He has natural athletic ability, but needs time to develop and refine his technique. Could be a late 3rd day option for a team. But he might be viewed as guard by some NFL teams an a possible candidate to be pushed inside at the next level.
Sounds a lot like Dotson. I rather Tampa draft football players than these freak athletes that haven't tapped into potential yet.

i agree but if hes there in the 5th we need to pull the trigger. watson got better with every game he played this year and i can only imagine what would happen if bostad got his hands on him. FSU's OL coach isnt even the same universe as bostad.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#160 : January 09, 2013, 04:46:51 PM

Yeah, I don't think I can stomach TB picking another safety in the first round. I love Matt Elam but we got that in Mark Barron. Elam is a pure SS at the next level, all the way. If we go safety it should be DJ Swearinger round 3.

agreed. Elam brings nothing to this team that we dont already have. we need a guy that can play FS and i think swearinger fits the bill perfectly. Elam is decent in coverage but nothing to write home about. most of his picks were on tips and complete misses by the qb. he hits like a mack truck but so does barron. i dont want to take a safety until the 3rd and elam will go at the end of the 1st or early 2nd

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#161 : January 14, 2013, 01:43:26 PM

Cierre Wood from Notre Dame just declared today. might be worth a look in the later rounds at RB. good speed and can catch the ball pretty well.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#162 : January 14, 2013, 07:37:35 PM

cierre wood

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#163 : January 14, 2013, 09:12:43 PM

Nice. Looks pretty impressive for a late round prospect.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#164 : January 15, 2013, 12:58:58 AM

http://college2pro.com/showSingleArticle.php?id=121&page=browseArticles&category=All+Star+Games

Some reports from shrine practice and Zac Stacy love.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Mondays-Review-of-East-West-Shrine-Game-Practices.html
: January 15, 2013, 01:12:11 AM bucsquad

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexmonkey's Big 2013 Draft Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools