Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Wright: Start him or sit him « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 27, 2012, 12:49:06 PM

frustrated attitude for the team

severe loser ass attitude in the fanbase. Benchwarmer's post above is the perfect example. not taking shots at anyone but that kind of attitude is running rampant around here

This guy should have been counting his lucky stars with the contract he got. His response instead? "Help" lead this secondary into the record books of ineptitude, get suspended, then tweet about his relaxing vacation during the season.

I think you've got things backwards guy. Accepting this scmuck back on the team would be a bigger "loss" than whatever the scoreboard will dictate.

id be willing to bet he plays sunday. unless he gets into it with schiano. Coach wants to win and will do everything he can to end on a good note i would think. that doesnt mean they wont ditch wright after the season though

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 27, 2012, 01:37:26 PM

Am I the only one that thinks this, "we gotta win a game" thinking is nonsense?

Why? They knew they got tromped by the egals and the saints. One OK win will not erase that fact. Not to mention, the problem areas will be dealt with in the offseason, it's not like they'll need reps when they won't even be here. Why hurt their draft position just for an ideal? Or to have yet another star player injured? To watch your team torn apart by second stringers, when your team is really trying to win?

IMO, in football, you win good, or you lose good. Anything else is setting your team up to be average.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : December 27, 2012, 04:42:25 PM

im tired of this loser ass attitude of the team and the fanbase. i realize we are playing for draft position but we need to play with a little pride as well. a win here could go a long way next year

what makes you think we're better with this guy on the field? he's been out of football condition for 4 weeks d/t suspension, injury - I say we take a step back by having him on the field.
Out of football condition?  LOL!!

Coach Schiano's words.

BTW, he's been getting colonics at health spas during his suspension - not exactly an aerobic activity from what I've been told.
: December 27, 2012, 04:44:05 PM Morgan

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 27, 2012, 05:53:26 PM

There's nothing to be proud of in beating another team's backups.  Or even their starters when they don't care whether they win or not. 

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#19 : December 27, 2012, 06:58:48 PM

After the boys in the secondary put up a good game last week against the Rambs, I say keep Wright on the bench if he is not in the plans for next year.  I think if he plays, it means we will look to renegotiate and keep him.  I hope he is inactive.  Hell, why not put him and his wife up in a nice spa for the weekend instead of taking him to ATL?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : December 27, 2012, 07:13:07 PM

There's nothing to be proud of in beating another team's backups.  Or even their starters when they don't care whether they win or not.

even less to be proud of in losing to their backups and giving up/quitting before the final whistle.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 27, 2012, 08:32:33 PM

Win or lose nobody is going to look back at the 2012 season and go "Hey, at least we beat the Falcons in Week 17."

1) Some will look at the season and see underachievement.

2) Others will blame injury/inexperience/late season personnel changes, etc.. for falling out of contention.

3) And some will see the season as the beginning of a promising future or at the very least steps in the right direction.

Regardless of how any player, coach or fan looks back at this year, a Week 17 win AFTER losing the previous five games will not change perspective very much.

For the record, I fall under #3 and by no means am I suggesting that the team should purposefully play uninspired football.
: December 27, 2012, 08:34:13 PM bucinnj

Turn the page.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 27, 2012, 10:53:16 PM

I don't care what they do with him, except after the season, I'd like to see him gone. He's the kind of guy you don't want to sign to a big contract. Not a Buccaneer man, and Dom can correct that mistake in the offseason.

tmac87

Starter
#23 : December 28, 2012, 01:00:26 AM

Sit then cut. We have a legit chance to move to #8 in the draft. I like those possibilities a lot more than getting a pointless (in the grand scheme of things) W and moving down to 15. Especially when I think about another trade down and more picks or the possibility of any CB we so choose.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 28, 2012, 02:20:00 PM

Start him and see if he can strengthen his case for coming back next year. I personally think we restructure him and bring him back.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 28, 2012, 02:34:07 PM

Either offer him a restructured deal laden with incentives, and if he takes it, cut him anyway, or just cut him outright.

Lying sack of drug dealing crap.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 28, 2012, 02:48:54 PM

Exactly Boid. I think that Schiano has zero patience for this guy.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 28, 2012, 08:16:55 PM

Start him at left tackle and make him block Jon Abraham all day as punishment . Then cut him.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 28, 2012, 09:22:56 PM

Just be done with him

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 28, 2012, 10:16:14 PM

Start him, we have no one else on that garbage secondary who's close to Wright's ability.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Wright: Start him or sit him « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools