Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: George Selvie « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 08, 2013, 11:47:56 PM

Good for Selvie. Loved watching him at USF and hope he can make a career of it.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 08, 2013, 11:52:35 PM

Best Bull of all time, and it's really not close.  If Pierre-Paul played more than one season, maybe, but Selvie was a wrecking ball at USF.  You know how hard it is to be a sophomore All-American defensive lineman at South Florida of all places, when you're the only good player in your front seven?

Talent doesn't just disappear.  And I'm glad to see him play well.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 08, 2013, 11:56:05 PM

Best Bull of all time, and it's really not close.  If Pierre-Paul played more than one season, maybe, but Selvie was a wrecking ball at USF.  You know how hard it is to be an All-American defensive lineman at South Florida of all places, when you're the only good player on your defensive line... as a sophomore?

Talent doesn't just disappear.

Love it, Blaze! He was one of my favorites. You've encapsulated my feelings on Selvie, and the mystery of how he fell off after his sophomore year. I assumed it had to be injury of some sort.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 09, 2013, 12:03:09 AM

Best Bull of all time, and it's really not close.  If Pierre-Paul played more than one season, maybe, but Selvie was a wrecking ball at USF.  You know how hard it is to be an All-American defensive lineman at South Florida of all places, when you're the only good player on your defensive line... as a sophomore?

Love it, Blaze! He was one of my favorites. You've encapsulated my feelings on Selvie, and the mystery of how he fell off after his sophomore year. I assumed it had to be injury of some sort.

We can only speculate, by I suspect you're right about an injury.  I used to live down the road from him in Tampa Palms while he attended USF.  Big dude.  Great physical talent.  And after that sophomore campaign, I was sure we had a future Pro Bowler playing for the Bulls.

Who knows?  Maybe his career takes off with Dallas.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 09, 2013, 01:13:55 AM

We can only speculate, by I suspect you're right about an injury.  I used to live down the road from him in Tampa Palms while he attended USF.  Big dude.  Great physical talent.  And after that sophomore campaign, I was sure we had a future Pro Bowler playing for the Bulls.

Who knows?  Maybe his career takes off with Dallas.

Man, I'd be psyched!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: George Selvie « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools