Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clark believes Bucs have "bright future;" ....will he be part of it? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: December 28, 2012, 12:01:11 AM

DECEMBER 27, 2012

Clark believes Bucs have "bright future;" will he be part of it?

As one of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers more experienced players, tight end Dallas Clark can offer plenty of perspective on this season.

Clark, 33, a former Pro Bowler and Super Bowl champion, said despite the late-season struggles - a five-game losing streak - he sees the "steps you normally see with a new system and new coaching staff."

"You kind of fumble along, and lose some ones that you should have maybe won, or vice versa," Clark said. "And we get on a streak there, where we're hitting on all cylinders, which is fun. But then, whatever caused it, I don't know what, we've just been falling short. It's been unfortunate because we've shown that we're capable of playing some good ball. And that's the difference between good teams and not good teams, are the guys that can stay consistent. And that's what it comes down to in this league, and that's what separates.. why there's a small margin between the best team in the league and worst team in the league, it's that consistency."

Clark, however, believes the Bucs have "a lot of good coaches" and "a lot of good players," and "it's going to be a bright future for everyone."

The question is, will Clark be a part of it?

Clark, who signed a one-year, $2.7 million deal in the offseason, was hoping to show he had more left in the tank after two injury-plagued seasons. Bucs coach Greg Schiano said over the summer he'd be a huge part of their offense.

And while Clark has been productive, with 47 catches for 435 yards and four touchdowns, while staying healthy - playing all 15 games - it appears as though he would have liked to have been more involved in the offense.

"It's been a great first year, really enjoyed (it)," he said. "A phenomenal lockeroom, loved the guys. It's been a lot of fun. Just would have loved to help out more. But you show up for work and do as much as you can."

Clark sounds like a veteran who wants to play a few more years. But when asked if he wanted to be back with Tampa Bay, he seemed noncommittal.

"We'll see what the options are," Clark said. "But that's the offseason. Right now, we're focused on finishing the season on a positive note."

-- JOE SMITH

joesmith@tampabay.com

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 28, 2012, 07:58:37 AM

I would keep him another 2 years. Consumate pro. I would draft his replacement and have him coach him up. I would also give him more work next year.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#2 : December 28, 2012, 09:36:42 AM

I wouldn't mine keeping him around.  Productive player and good guy.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 28, 2012, 09:49:58 AM

Well with our defense not being able to get off the field on 3rd down and our offense not being able to stay on the field on 3rd down, there were many less touches to go around.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 28, 2012, 11:12:09 PM

eehhh.... I guess I wouldn't mind having him come back next year definently not as a starter tho. Dude has lost all his speed and has basically made one catch all year where he didn't have a guy draped all over him because of his slowness. He's an upgrade over stocker. But stocker sucks so clark is below average. We need a real te that has speed blocks and catches.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 29, 2012, 01:04:55 AM

I don't think he is back.  He looks slower than hell out there.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 29, 2012, 08:18:27 AM

I don't think he is back.  He looks slower than hell out there.

Better than Stocker

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 29, 2012, 08:34:38 AM

Yup. Given up hope on Luke Stocker being anything more than a cheap TE that is an average blocker and not a serious receiving threat.

Dallas?  Guy is worn out. He did what I thought he would do this year.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 29, 2012, 09:16:53 AM

I would keep him another 2 years. Consumate pro. I would draft his replacement and have him coach him up. I would also give him more work next year.

^this

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 29, 2012, 09:24:57 AM

No he didn't , liar.

You said he is completely washed up and that he has "hands of stone".

He still plays on the level of an average NFL TE , so he is clearly not completely washed up , and his hands have been great all season.

You blasted Dallas all offseason as a complete waste of a roster spot , yet he has been a decent addition and done everything we asked of him . Face it , your dumb ass was wrong yet again.
: December 29, 2012, 09:26:34 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

#10 : December 29, 2012, 09:24:22 PM

No he didn't , liar.

You said he is completely washed up and that he has "hands of stone".

He still plays on the level of an average NFL TE , so he is clearly not completely washed up , and his hands have been great all season.

You blasted Dallas all offseason as a complete waste of a roster spot , yet he has been a decent addition and done everything we asked of him . Face it , your dumb ass was wrong yet again.
Haha wow that's embarrassing.... What a turd

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 29, 2012, 10:41:08 PM

Dallas has had issues with his mitts. He is slow now. He played exactly like I said he would. Maybe had one or two more TDs than I said.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 29, 2012, 10:44:27 PM

I am not all that impressed with Clark.  I am sure he is a good team mate and a pro and all that.  But IMO, we could do much better at that position with a Gronk type guy.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 29, 2012, 10:46:28 PM

Clark dropped a few, has not really been a huge factor in the pass game, as a result of the erosion of his athletic ability.

May be a consummate pro, but he is entirely replaceable. He is not a problem, unless you want a TE who can block AND actually run.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 29, 2012, 10:49:38 PM

I believe he did more than u thought he'd do. Hands of stone he was not.

Personally, I was hoping we'd target Heath Miller. Poor fella shredded his knee and cost himself millions.

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clark believes Bucs have "bright future;" ....will he be part of it? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools