Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs restructure Jackson, Nicks contracts « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#45 : December 28, 2012, 04:30:51 PM

hopefully the organization has realized that spedning money in FA can be rewarding. our FAs this year did an outstanding job and relaly helped the team progress. grab a few more vets to add to all the youth and we could see a major upswing in wins

The Bucs FAs consisted of a guy who's been outstanding, a guy hurt halfway through the season and a guy who had some sort of injury seemingly the entire season, didn't show a lot on the field and was suspended for 4 games.

Regardless of the logic of the signings, what was it that would show FA can be rewarding?

It was a helluva lot more rewarding than signing Joseph, Trueblood, Black, and a punter to $110M+ worth of contracts.

So we've advanced from "are you insane?" to "well at least we got one guy for our money!"

I guess that's progress.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#46 : December 28, 2012, 04:33:21 PM

The Bucs FAs consisted of a guy who's been outstanding, a guy hurt halfway through the season and a guy who had some sort of injury seemingly the entire season, didn't show a lot on the field and was suspended for 4 games.

Regardless of the logic of the signings, what was it that would show FA can be rewarding?
That's not so different than the results of a typical draft class, is it?  It sure seems a whole lot more rewarding than the team's "second draft"s were during the Raheem days.

I'd hope FA signings would be more of a given than the draft...at least at the level the Bucs participated last season.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#47 : December 28, 2012, 04:34:04 PM

I hadn't thought of the "uncle same aspect" of it. Everybody wins but the government, which is nice for a change.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#48 : December 28, 2012, 04:40:42 PM

That's not so different than the results of a typical draft class, is it?  It sure seems a whole lot more rewarding than the team's "second draft"s were during the Raheem days.
I'd hope FA signings would be more of a given than the draft...at least at the level the Bucs participated last season.
True, you'd hope that, but there's always going to be a certain element of risk.  That only really excuses Nicks though, imo.  Hopefully they learned their lesson with Wright.  That signing looked sketchy from the get-go.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#49 : December 28, 2012, 05:10:19 PM

It means that $30/$40 million will be available for Cromarti & Asoymugha at a minimum. They could also be looking for an edge speed rusher.

Grimes!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#50 : December 28, 2012, 05:40:23 PM

Being in Cromartie, Aso, Grimes, and draft a corner in the first. Just completely overdo it. I'm tired of watching the pass D get torched.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#51 : December 28, 2012, 05:53:24 PM

I like Cromartie's skills....I don't like Cromartie's lack of willingness to give maximum effort (something I noticed when he was still with Cards). If Schiano can impress his philosophy on him then I'd throw money at him...he's very talented.

Grime is almost the Bizarro version of Cromartie as a non-stop effort guy who'll turn 30 before next season begins....not with the natural abilities of Cromartie but probably twice the effort. It wouldn't shock me if he's aboard the Buccaneer ship next season......

Scrabble looks......done.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#52 : December 28, 2012, 06:26:02 PM

which cromartie, jets or eagle's.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#53 : December 28, 2012, 06:42:54 PM

Cromartie = DRC...should've been more specific.

NOTE: Scrabble is apparently under contract for next season and his cap hit would be $4 million if the Eagles cut him. Obviously they have some decisions to make which direction to go but I suspect one of them will be retained because their current backups are Brandon Hughes and Curtis Marsh....ya...that's what I said.
: December 28, 2012, 06:49:09 PM BucDaFackUp

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#54 : December 28, 2012, 06:52:10 PM

True, you'd hope that, but there's always going to be a certain element of risk.  That only really excuses Nicks though, imo.  Hopefully they learned their lesson with Wright.  That signing looked sketchy from the get-go.

Yeah. My real point was that the signings from last offseason had mixed rewards and were not overwhelmingly successful.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#55 : December 28, 2012, 07:05:56 PM

It means that $30/$40 million will be available for Cromarti & Asoymugha at a minimum. They could also be looking for an edge speed rusher.

Grimes!!

;D

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#56 : December 28, 2012, 10:14:33 PM

LOL @ People who say Wright is done because they didn't restructure his contract...

They have about 6 months to do that stuff, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind if they did re-structure and kept him as the #2-3 CB. I don't even want to see tuesday's garbage pickup on the field again.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#57 : December 29, 2012, 01:11:27 PM

Grimes!!

That will work, my friend.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

cryptfiend

Starter

#58 : December 29, 2012, 07:15:16 PM

LOL @ People who say Wright is done because they didn't restructure his contract...

They have about 6 months to do that stuff, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind if they did re-structure and kept him as the #2-3 CB. I don't even want to see tuesday's garbage pickup on the field again.

love to keep him as a number 3.  hes one of the better number 3 corners in the league.  hes not a numbe 1 or two though.  also, if we are paying our number 3 corner that much, can you imagine what a true number 1's agent will get out of us?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs restructure Jackson, Nicks contracts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools