Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS FANS NEED TO STAY PATIENT WITH FREEMAN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#45 : December 29, 2012, 01:14:01 PM

I would hate to lose free to another team and he goes on to be another Superbowl QB we let get away...

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#46 : December 29, 2012, 01:15:02 PM

I would hate to lose free to another team and he goes on to be another Superbowl QB we let get away...

Like Dilfer.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#47 : December 29, 2012, 01:56:45 PM

Like Dilfer.

No, like Steve Young. And 40 games with Raheem hardly compares to 40 games with Bill Walsh. Montana's experience was a good thing. Freeman's was not. You would think anyone old enough to remember the Young /Montana era would understand the difference.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#48 : December 29, 2012, 06:00:17 PM

Oh for crying out loud with the excuses.  It's youth, it's lack of offensive line, it's the WRs, the running game, the Defense, the coaches... just where does Freeman fit into the explanation for the performances he has put on tape over the last 3 and 1/2 years? 

I think the bucs should bring him back, and extend him, on favorable terms.  That said, when he is throwing the damned ball around like he has no vision for the game at least some of that is on him.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#49 : December 29, 2012, 06:50:49 PM

Freeman has been, and will be, our version on Alex Smith.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#50 : December 29, 2012, 06:55:44 PM

Oh for crying out loud with the excuses.  It's youth, it's lack of offensive line, it's the WRs, the running game, the Defense, the coaches... just where does Freeman fit into the explanation for the performances he has put on tape over the last 3 and 1/2 years? 

I couldn't agree more. And though many on here continue to make excuses for him, at least he finally decided to step to the mic and own a loss. I'd been waiting for some form of accountability and was happy to finally see it!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#51 : December 29, 2012, 06:59:20 PM

It doesn't matter if he takes responsibility for the loss Hate, its what he does the next week to atone for that.

Its no different then saying "my bad" then proceed to do the same crap the next time.

Admitting you are at fault only matters if you actually set forth to improve.

I have no doubt what so ever that Freeman will mail it in tomorrow. Just the type of limp**CENSORED** he is.

Another double digit losing season fellas.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#52 : December 29, 2012, 08:04:12 PM

It doesn't matter if he takes responsibility for the loss Hate, its what he does the next week to atone for that.

I disagree. Personal accountability is the first step.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#53 : December 29, 2012, 09:00:33 PM

I disagree. Personal accountability is the first step.

Its the first step. But what I am saying is Freeman is the type of QB that only goes to the first step then quits.

It doesn't matter if he admits guilt if he doesn't change his ways. Its just a bunch of hot air that tries to buy him time with the media and fans. Keep in mind he probably is saying it BECAUSE of the implications of his contract.

If he has another awful game it really will push the boundaries of whether or not he is a franchise QB.

I would give him up for the Chiefs second rounder in a heartbeat.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#54 : December 29, 2012, 10:21:57 PM

His point is garbage.  He's trying to compare what Hall of Fame QB's did in totally different era's with different standards.  He's also comparing a strike shortened season for Montana to a full season Freeman.  That season was 9 games with no offseason!!!  Montana was the 5th best passer in the league that year.  ALSO, Montana prior to that offseason had less than 25 starts in his career... Freeman had 40 before this year started.  Number of years isn't as big a measuring stick as games played.  Spoolios is making excuses for Freeman based on garbage information.  There are no parallels between Freeman and Montana, but he's trying to concoct them to justify Freeman's poor play.

At this point, I have to assume you are being intentionally misleading about my point. The only statement I'm making is that Freeman, like nearly  every other QB ever, is not a finished product through four seasons. If you want to claim that guys like Montana or Elway or whoever were at their peak in season four, by all means, but you know you don't believe that. The stats show that all of them improved after that point. Common sense also supports the claim.

It's not about years... it's about games played and improvement.  Freeman has started 55 games in those 4 years which about double of Montana and Brees and about triple of Rodgers.  Also, everyone of those guys showed certain levels of improvement over that time even with having played less games than Freeman.  Freeman has shown virtually no improvement what-so-ever.  In fact, his play suggests regression.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#55 : December 29, 2012, 10:38:11 PM

He's gonna have another shot at this regardless if he's lived up to some expectations or not. Let's just hope for this teams sake he gets his ass in gear. I'm still cheering for him and still believe he can turn this thing around. I don't see them replacing him but I do see a move made in case you guys are right. However he's gonna get that shot and as long as he has that I'm supporting him. I want him to succeed. I want this team to succeed. If he doesn't then this team is right back to starting over. Unless they luckily find a guy. That's not easy. Ask all the teams who are still looking for their qb.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS FANS NEED TO STAY PATIENT WITH FREEMAN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools