Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Vernon Davis become available? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

nick777777

Starter
: December 28, 2012, 04:48:43 PM

Looking at how he has pretty much been phased out of the 49ers offense do you think they will entertain offers for him in the offseason?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 28, 2012, 04:51:22 PM

He would be an excellent pick up. Wonder what it would take.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 28, 2012, 05:02:11 PM

I think they'll use the offseason to try and figure out how to use him best.  He's still their most reliable pass catcher.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 28, 2012, 05:08:40 PM

I think they'll use the offseason to try and figure out how to use him best.  He's still their most reliable pass catcher.

That would be the smart thing for them to do. He is a monster.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 28, 2012, 05:14:16 PM

They couldn't use him much less than they are right now.
What is it, an average of 1 catch for 10 yards a game over the last 5 weeks, this while their wideouts are dropping like flies.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 28, 2012, 05:27:58 PM

Considering how well C. Kaepernick is playing, SF will need and keep V. Davis. Its not like a Texans situation were they get rid of M. Williams cause they have J. Watt.

Ms Elam

Starter

#6 : December 28, 2012, 06:59:19 PM

Considering how well C. Kaepernick is playing, SF will need and keep V. Davis. Its not like a Texans situation were they get rid of M. Williams cause they have J. Watt.
And the Texans didn't even get rid of him he was a free agent and they chose not to resign him because of the price tag. Davis isn't a free agent and he's their most explosive player on offense. I think his lack of catches over the last few Weeks has more to do with the grooming of a young quarterback than it has to do with the"phasing out"of Vernon Davis.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 28, 2012, 07:50:13 PM

They should make him available considering they completely waste him.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Ms Elam

Starter

#8 : December 28, 2012, 08:04:10 PM

I remember him in college. Snatching the ball out of the sky with 1 hand, set records at the combine. I thought he would year up the league the way Gronk and Graham are. ... But i'm not so sure he wouldn't put up those types of numbers if he had Tom Brady or Drew Brees throwing him the ball.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 28, 2012, 08:08:16 PM

I remember him in college. Snatching the ball out of the sky with 1 hand, set records at the combine. I thought he would year up the league the way Gronk and Graham are. ... But i'm not so sure he wouldn't put up those types of numbers if he had Tom Brady or Drew Brees throwing him the ball.

He would.

We got a peek out how good he could be in the playoffs last season. It's inexplicable how the 49ers have completely phased a potent weapon out of the offense. I hear it's a major source of confusion for the fans on the talk radio stations in San Fran also.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 29, 2012, 12:56:55 AM

Even a Josh Freeman would get him a bunch of stats.

KW2 on his beaten down legs still managed to have some above average seasons here.

Even in an offense like ours where the TE doesn't get the ball often, Clark only has 100 yards less and one less TD than Davis. Davis would probably have like 800+ yards and 8 TDs in this offense.

I would go as far as to do it for a first next year and a mid round pick this year.

nick777777

Starter
#11 : December 29, 2012, 01:56:50 AM

He is definitely a talent that is being wasted.  I think in our offense a guy like Davis teamed with Williams and Jackson would just make this offense deadly.  We could become the power house and a really fun offense to watch.  I think he could be had for a couple picks, I don't know how high those picks would have to be though

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 29, 2012, 02:21:38 AM

He's always been a waste of talent over there. If he wants to be a superstar he may be thinking about getting out of there. He could possibly be very close to his teammates and love being apart of a winning team and not want out at all though.

El Diablo

Starter

#13 : December 29, 2012, 08:20:04 AM

He's a beast.. the niners would be INSANE to let him go. He is the best player they have on offense and I include gore in that comment
: December 29, 2012, 08:43:48 AM El Diablo

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 29, 2012, 08:31:42 AM

We need help at TE thats for sure. Given the opportunity, we would pick Vernon up but its doubtful the 49ers let him walk.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Vernon Davis become available? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools