Boards > The Red Board

The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012

<< < (11/11)

nic247buc:
This is the geek that wrote the article...http://www.footballnation.com/author/joshua-mcfalls/

The Anomaly:

--- Quote from: GameTime on January 03, 2013, 08:27:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: GrimmReaper on January 03, 2013, 08:00:28 PM ---More recently, Jim Harbaugh took a bad team and made them good overnight. He didn't need any excuses for losing because he is a winner. He didn't need excuses at Stanford, either when he took a bad team and made them great. Great coaches make bad teams into great teams. Mediocre coaches need excuses for their failures.

--- End quote ---

harbaugh is a great coach, but he walked into a GREAT situation.

--- End quote ---

Ok.  So, you'd think in year 4 of a rebuild that a coach was walking into a half way decent situation, no?  This is YEAR FIVE of Dom assembling talent for his coach.  I'd love to hear your opinion.

alldaway:

--- Quote from: GrimmReaper on January 02, 2013, 08:06:33 PM ---Greg Schiano compared to Lombardi?? Wow. I'll bookmark this thread along with the thread where the retard homers said they would not take Andrew Luck over Freeman, or even Tom Brady over Freeman.

The homertude on this channel is fascinating. Reality is we melted down after it looked like we had things settled down and under control. Reality is, without a high powered offense this defense will lose us more games than you could shake a stick at.

The only thing Schiano has in common with Lombardi is......nothing. Lombardi knew what the **CENSORED** he was doing.

--- End quote ---

+1.

You can add Drew Brees to this team, but he can probably squeeze out 1-2 more wins max, because that is how bad this defense is. Schiano has a lot of work to do in the off season.

GameTime:

--- Quote from: The Anomaly on January 03, 2013, 09:22:02 PM ---Ok.  So, you'd think in year 4 of a rebuild that a coach was walking into a half way decent situation, no?  This is YEAR FIVE of Dom assembling talent for his coach.  I'd love to hear your opinion.

--- End quote ---

i do think that schiano walked into at the very least a halfway decent situation, and i think the team did just about as expected.  some areas better than expected, some areas worse.

as for dominik, ive stated it a few times.  i believe one of his big faults is that he makes sure he gets the players that the coaches ask for.

The Anomaly:
Thank you for responding.  For me thought something doesn't make sense...half way decent is 7-9?  Really?  Either Schiano or Dom is doing somethign wrong...you can't have it both ways.  Everyone can't be doing a GREAT job and have losing records, right?

GameTime:

--- Quote from: The Anomaly on January 06, 2013, 04:53:41 PM ---Thank you for responding.  For me thought something doesn't make sense...half way decent is 7-9?  Really?  Either Schiano or Dom is doing somethign wrong...you can't have it both ways.  Everyone can't be doing a GREAT job and have losing records, right?

--- End quote ---

halfway decent 7-9, good 9-7, great 10+?  and sure, schiano and dom are doing some things wrong.  they are also doing some things right.

The Anomaly:
No doubt.  Schiano definitely changed the culture here.  We were competitive for most of the year.  After last year, there was really no place to go but up.  Next year is make or break for a lot of folks...Freeman, Dom, and even Schiano to a degree.  He walked into some talent.  It is time to make the playoffs.  No more excuses.  No more chances.  Five years of no playoffs in today's NFL is pretty bad.  Six?  Completely unacceptable.  If we are anything less than 10-6, I'm okay with chopping off some heads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version