Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : December 30, 2012, 06:58:13 AM

November/December has been a set back, but I didn't expect Coach S to produce a winner in less than a year on the job. The players on the roster weren't good enough and the assistant coaches that he had to hire weren't exactly who he wanted.  He inherited a roster with several players who might not be good enough to be on practice squads of the better NFL teams.

It's a work in progress.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 30, 2012, 07:06:06 AM

This current team has more talent than the 2008 team.    Schiano failed this year.    He should have had a better record.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 30, 2012, 07:09:32 AM

still can't get over the Gruden firing, can you?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 30, 2012, 07:28:52 AM

I'm comparing the player talent in 2008 to this current player talent.   This current talent is better.   This team should be better than it is.

If you want to compare Schiano to Raheem, sure he's an upgrade.   Who wouldn't be?    But that's not a comparison that anyone would want if they want to win.   He needs to be compared to the last actual NFL head coach the team had - Gruden.   And he's obviously worse than Gruden.     Since Gruden was fired to "improve" the team, shouldn't Schiano be an upgrade over Gruden?   If he's not, it's time to move on to another coach.

It's time to move on to another coach.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 30, 2012, 07:53:47 AM

Talent means everything.

Sincerely,
2011 Dream Team

CANTCME

Second String

#20 : December 30, 2012, 08:12:24 AM

This current team has more talent than the 2008 team.    Schiano failed this year.    He should have had a better record.

this team has more talent than the 2010 team, that Raheem coached to 10-6... Schiano has failed

DejaVu

Starter

#21 : December 30, 2012, 08:14:23 AM

I am not sure that the 2010 season is a fair comparison.    I do believe that 2008 is a fair comparison since the 2008 schedule was more difficult than this season's, but the 2010 season was a far easier schedule than this year.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 30, 2012, 08:32:08 AM

2010 was an abberition. The entire team over achieved on a weak schedule. To say Rah succeeded with that group is laughable. It was primarily the same group that lost 10 straight a year later. Like or Dislike Shiano, Rah was the worst HC in recent history. Even Java can agree on that one.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 30, 2012, 08:34:54 AM

I am not sure that the 2010 season is a fair comparison.    I do believe that 2008 is a fair comparison since the 2008 schedule was more difficult than this season's, but the 2010 season was a far easier schedule than this year.

Whatever your yardstick last year ain't it. That was a total meltdown ANY coach we hired should have not overseen a total meltdown. Again, that isn't a credit to any coach that is called breathing. The fact that we've lost 6 should be 7 if today mattered in a row in most seasons would count as a total meltdown but when you get to compare yourself to the 1929 Stock Market of Football Season it is easy to pretend you've made improvements.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 30, 2012, 09:39:33 AM

You lose all credibility as a sports journalist when you describe someone as a "jerk" in a printed article. From all I have read and seen Greg Schiano is admired and respected by everyone still in the Buccaneer organization. The few who don't are gone or soon will be. The man is determined, dedicated, and demanding. From all accounts he has also been honest and fair. What more could you want from a HC? He's made some mistakes. Every coach does. He is quick to correct what he can as soon as possible. Some issues he took care of before they could become a problem (K2, TJ, Brian Price). You can't expect perfection from the man in his first year in the league. His first offense has set new team records, and his defense has gone from worst to first in rushing allowed. The wins will come. I'm confident he will have the Bucs in the playoffs next season, and be on the Top 5 HC list for 2013.

Really bad article IMO.
   Agree, except for "Top 5 HC list for 2013"; depends on who writes the list ;D ;D

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 30, 2012, 10:18:25 AM

Rookie HC turned around a team circling the drain in 2011.  I'm happy that he's our HC.
. So losing your last 6 games is turning the team around?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 30, 2012, 10:21:29 AM

still can't get over the Gruden firing, can you?
Gruden and Monte would have taken this team to the playoffs.  And everyone here knows that.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 30, 2012, 10:30:23 AM

Rookie HC turned around a team circling the drain in 2011.  I'm happy that he's our HC.
. So losing your last 6 games is turning the team around?

Taking a team that lost their last 10 in 2011, putting together a new coaching staff, drafting several good players, signing a couple of good FAs, winning six games in 2012 is a turn around from what we were left with last December.  You'll see the team trend up from this season forward.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 30, 2012, 10:34:39 AM

Going from 4 wins to 6 wins and only losing your last 6 games as opposed to 10 is turning the team around in your opinion?  And that's with all that additional talent added.  No wonder you voted to reelect Obama.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 30, 2012, 10:37:22 AM

First of all, you don't know who I voted for.

Secondly, 4 to 6 wins is an improvement that even your simple brain should be able to comprehend.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools