Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#90 : January 02, 2013, 08:06:33 PM

Greg Schiano compared to Lombardi?? Wow. I'll bookmark this thread along with the thread where the retard homers said they would not take Andrew Luck over Freeman, or even Tom Brady over Freeman.

The homertude on this channel is fascinating. Reality is we melted down after it looked like we had things settled down and under control. Reality is, without a high powered offense this defense will lose us more games than you could shake a stick at.

The only thing Schiano has in common with Lombardi is......nothing. Lombardi knew what the **CENSORED** he was doing.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

gone

Hall of Famer
#91 : January 02, 2013, 09:33:30 PM

Have to agree with that.  Comparing Lobardi to the guy who's greatest achievement seems to be not winning the Big East is just a little bit of a stretch...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#92 : January 03, 2013, 08:43:35 AM

What terrible article.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#93 : January 03, 2013, 09:01:39 AM

I'd like to hear from the other posters that think Schiano and Lombardi should even be mentioned n the same sentence.  Again, I think we possibly might be headed in the right direction.  The defense is pathetic.  We finished on a 1-5 slide and managed to beat a lifeless, insouciant Falcon team.  I think we played inspired today and coach should get credit for that but please spare me the comparisons to an all-time great coach.  It makes you sound foolish.

PS  If you think that an old school football philosophy is going to work in todays NFL....I think you are wrong.  Modern football rules are unbalanced towards offenses.  Leading the league in rushing defense is WORTHLESS in 2012.  Believe it.  Hopefully Schiano sees this and makes major changes to his college scheme.  ANd yes, he brought it with him from Rutgers.  Not good.  Your buddy Lombardi would not try to run the Cumberland defense in the pros...agreed?

Agree, its a different game now.

Yea...If our players were born in the 20's and 30's, then Schiano would be a good coach player relation wise with his authoritarian style, but the players were born in the 70's80's and 90's!! You can't get the best out of your team if your players don't respect you as coach........and you don't allow them to be men.... My way or the highway is a dead coaching style today....Unless you are Bill B.

According to Ronde Barber, you are dead wrong. Greg Schiano is very much respected in that locker room. As for "allowing" them to be men, it's more like he is making them men. John Lynch made a similar comment during the game yesterday. By an odd coincidence, I recall several of Vince Lombardi's players saying he made men out of them. At any rate the only one I've heard complain about Schiano is K2. I would guess you are a fan of his and you don't handle discipline very well. Schiano is like the Marine Corps. He builds men. He also teaches. That's a great combination that the Bucs have never had before. I believe it will pay off in the long run, and I believe Ronde Barber wants more of it. There is clearly a bonding process going on between Schiano and this team. There are still holes to fill and you can bet they will be. The Bucs will be tougher than most in the coming years.

Ronde took a poll? Tell me how many players like that driving the pile crap at the end of games??? Uh he loses respect right their smart guy! Making them men? uh.......that is the issue with a lot of coaches and again you proved my point. You have to feel someone isn't a man yet to make him a man. Schiano acts like no one knows crap except him (thus he doesn't let men make decision like not rushing the pile). McCoy: "hey coach we don't like the qb kneel crap." Schiano: "you guys know nothing...I was a .500 coach in college and I know what I am doing, let me teach you how to be real football players!" Vince won titles....lets not go there.  How and the hell do you bring Winslow into this discussion....maybe you miss him? It is the NFL, not the Marine Corp. Big difference between a 17 and 18 yr old boy going to the Corp becoming men compared to 25-35 yr old professional athletes.....horrible comparison. Schiano is going down the same road the former Broncos coach went down. You can only go so far with the tough guy image!

I don't handle discipline well?   Lol! nice try kid....I mean boy.

It's difficult to see you as a fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the way you attack the HC. It goes well beyond lack of respect. It's pure hatred. You're no judge of character or ability, because you have none. You must be a very miserable human being and this is your only outlet. You take out your frustrations in life here where you are safe.

You are really dense but I am going to try one last time to get through to you. BEFORE their lives in the NFL, their experiences were nearly identical in their church, their schooling, their Italian roots, and even growing up in . very nearly the same neighborhood. Both men shared a dedication and love for football. Football is their lives. From what I can remember BOY, their personalities are very similar. Schiano didn't win the SB in his very first shot, but neither did Lombardi. I believe the pieces are falling in place for the Bucs to make another serious run at a Lombardi trophy, and I believe Greg Schiano is the right man for the job. I hope I'm right. From all appearances, you hope I'm wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#94 : January 03, 2013, 11:34:28 AM

do we really have posters that think they only way to compare 2 individuals is superbowl titles?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#95 : January 03, 2013, 12:07:43 PM

do we really have posters that think they only way to compare 2 individuals is superbowl titles?

Apparently we do.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#96 : January 03, 2013, 01:47:37 PM

It's difficult to see you as a fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the way you attack the HC. It goes well beyond lack of respect. It's pure hatred. You're no judge of character or ability, because you have none. You must be a very miserable human being and this is your only outlet. You take out your frustrations in life here where you are safe.

You are really dense but I am going to try one last time to get through to you. BEFORE their lives in the NFL, their experiences were nearly identical in their church, their schooling, their Italian roots, and even growing up in . very nearly the same neighborhood. Both men shared a dedication and love for football. Football is their lives. From what I can remember BOY, their personalities are very similar. Schiano didn't win the SB in his very first shot, but neither did Lombardi. I believe the pieces are falling in place for the Bucs to make another serious run at a Lombardi trophy, and I believe Greg Schiano is the right man for the job. I hope I'm right. From all appearances, you hope I'm wrong.

You are nothing but a yes boy...taught not to challenge authority.  A puppet...a sheep...a lemming.  You would march straight off a cliff just because Schiano told you to.  You are pathetic.

No where did anyone HOPE that Schiano doesn't make it.  And you comparing him to Lombardi was a farce and a joke.  You lost all credibility then and obviously not just with me.  I don't mind a sunshine pumper but you are the worst kind.  Martin is Jim Brown, Vjax is Jerry Rice, Freeman is Manning and so on and so on,  Nothing wrong with optimism just your plain stupidity.

I will be throwing you on ignore so don't even bother with a reply.  Happy New Year!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#97 : January 03, 2013, 03:26:27 PM

You are nothing but a yes boy...taught not to challenge authority.  A puppet...a sheep...a lemming.  You would march straight off a cliff just because Schiano told you to.  You are pathetic.

No where did anyone HOPE that Schiano doesn't make it.  And you comparing him to Lombardi was a farce and a joke.  You lost all credibility then and obviously not just with me.  I don't mind a sunshine pumper but you are the worst kind.  Martin is Jim Brown, Vjax is Jerry Rice, Freeman is Manning and so on and so on,  Nothing wrong with optimism just your plain stupidity.

I will be throwing you on ignore so don't even bother with a reply.  Happy New Year!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

If you actually do ignore me, all I can say is thank you very much. It's just one less troll to deal with.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#98 : January 03, 2013, 08:00:28 PM

Vince Lombardi took a 1-10-1 team to 7-5 and won coach of the year in his first season. Then in the next two seasons he won title games. Went to six title games and won five of them.
He NEVER lost 5 straight, EVER.

Obviously the comparisons stop at his church on Sundays upbringing.

More recently, Jim Harbaugh took a bad team and made them good overnight. He didn't need any excuses for losing because he is a winner. He didn't need excuses at Stanford, either when he took a bad team and made them great. Great coaches make bad teams into great teams. Mediocre coaches need excuses for their failures.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#99 : January 03, 2013, 08:27:10 PM

More recently, Jim Harbaugh took a bad team and made them good overnight. He didn't need any excuses for losing because he is a winner. He didn't need excuses at Stanford, either when he took a bad team and made them great. Great coaches make bad teams into great teams. Mediocre coaches need excuses for their failures.

harbaugh is a great coach, but he walked into a GREAT situation.

nic247buc

Starter

#100 : January 03, 2013, 09:01:09 PM

This is the geek that wrote the article...http://www.footballnation.com/author/joshua-mcfalls/

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#101 : January 03, 2013, 09:22:02 PM

harbaugh is a great coach, but he walked into a GREAT situation.

Ok.  So, you'd think in year 4 of a rebuild that a coach was walking into a half way decent situation, no?  This is YEAR FIVE of Dom assembling talent for his coach.  I'd love to hear your opinion.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#102 : January 06, 2013, 12:56:29 PM

Greg Schiano compared to Lombardi?? Wow. I'll bookmark this thread along with the thread where the retard homers said they would not take Andrew Luck over Freeman, or even Tom Brady over Freeman.

The homertude on this channel is fascinating. Reality is we melted down after it looked like we had things settled down and under control. Reality is, without a high powered offense this defense will lose us more games than you could shake a stick at.

The only thing Schiano has in common with Lombardi is......nothing. Lombardi knew what the **CENSORED** he was doing.

+1.

You can add Drew Brees to this team, but he can probably squeeze out 1-2 more wins max, because that is how bad this defense is. Schiano has a lot of work to do in the off season.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#103 : January 06, 2013, 01:31:24 PM

Ok.  So, you'd think in year 4 of a rebuild that a coach was walking into a half way decent situation, no?  This is YEAR FIVE of Dom assembling talent for his coach.  I'd love to hear your opinion.

i do think that schiano walked into at the very least a halfway decent situation, and i think the team did just about as expected.  some areas better than expected, some areas worse.

as for dominik, ive stated it a few times.  i believe one of his big faults is that he makes sure he gets the players that the coaches ask for.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#104 : January 06, 2013, 04:53:41 PM

Thank you for responding.  For me thought something doesn't make sense...half way decent is 7-9?  Really?  Either Schiano or Dom is doing somethign wrong...you can't have it both ways.  Everyone can't be doing a GREAT job and have losing records, right?
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools