Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 30, 2012, 10:40:43 AM

It's not turning the team around.  4 wins or 6 wins...your still drafting top 10.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 30, 2012, 10:41:51 AM

2010 was an abberition. The entire team over achieved on a weak schedule. To say Rah succeeded with that group is laughable. It was primarily the same group that lost 10 straight a year later. Like or Dislike Shiano, Rah was the worst HC in recent history. Even Java can agree on that one.

This year is just a continuation of 2010 IMO.  Last year was the aberration.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#32 : December 30, 2012, 10:46:46 AM

Schiano only won 2 more games then raheem did with all that money spent and a ton of help and advisors given. Injuries happen every year stop using that as an excuse guys. Don't really understand why Schiano is getting a pass from most people here. Just sayin.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 30, 2012, 10:56:45 AM

It's easy to be number one against the run when nobody runs the ball because you are so easy to pass on.

3.5 per attempt...best in the league.

-------------------------------------------------------

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 30, 2012, 11:04:57 AM

So are you saying Schiano has fixed the defense?

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 30, 2012, 11:09:06 AM

I'm on the side of those who say Schiano's lack of NFL experience is part of the problem along with facts that:  so many rookies;  so many new position coaches who have never worked toge3ther; injuries and missing skill players in key positions.  Josh is not currently performing as we all know so....I'm for giving Schiano 2 more years to bring us to playoffs and winning at least the first round...if not better.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 30, 2012, 11:10:42 AM

Rookie HC turned around a team circling the drain in 2011.  I'm happy that he's our HC.

You think this team is turned around?    They haven't won a game in over a month.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

So you're saying he hasn't turned the team around.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 30, 2012, 11:34:07 AM

Win today and we are 7-9...pretty decent improvement looking at big picture.

6-10 with six losses to end the season.  Big difference.

The defense is a failed experiment in scheme either way.  Sheridan should be fired and a PRO DC brought in.  No more big least defenses.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 30, 2012, 11:34:34 AM

I believe what i typed was....... "3.5 per attempt...best in the league".

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 30, 2012, 11:39:26 AM

They are going to be the worst pass defense in NFL history.  This is now a pass first league.  You tell me what's more important in today's game.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 30, 2012, 11:51:51 AM

They are going to be the worst pass defense in NFL history.  This is now a pass first league.  You tell me what's more important in today's game.

Have you seen what we're lining up at the back end? The results shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 30, 2012, 12:10:57 PM

As far as stopping the run or pass, with the emphasis teams like the Saints and Falcons put on establishing a run game, I'd say that's a clue. What's most important is red zone D, BOTH in the run and pass. Yardage means little, unless the pass offense is just plain bad. Not uncommon for the better passing team yardage-wise to lose the game...

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#42 : December 30, 2012, 12:16:58 PM

If we lose today that'll mean 6 straight losses to end the season, meh.

NovaBuc

Starter

#43 : December 30, 2012, 12:49:33 PM

Schiano has definitely turned the team around and improved things. Going into this season, I didn't expect to even sniff the playoffs I was just hoping the team would be competitive. There's really only two games the team was completely over matched so far - the second New Orleans game and the Denver game (though the first half of the Denver game looked good). I don't think anyone here during the off season was thinking playoffs, and during the winning streak, the Bucs were part of the conversation. Hell, even if the final record is 6-10 I think that's better than most were expecting - throw in the fact that other than St Louis and the second NO game, all of the losses were by one score margins, four of the losses the team was ahead in the final minutes before losing the lead and in at least one other game (first NO), had a chance at the end to tie or win it in the closing seconds and it's a vastly improved season over what we saw last year. Couple of breaks here and there and some luck with injuries not happening to key players and might have gotten another couple of victories in those close games.

Schiano may not be the answer long-term, but I don't think anyone can deny the turn around he's managed in getting the team to play hard and be competitive in most every game.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#44 : December 30, 2012, 12:56:45 PM

Schiano has definitely turned the team around and improved things.

Compared to the 9-7 2008 season?    I disagree.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools