Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Wright Inactive: Cut? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 30, 2012, 02:58:35 PM

We just saved 1.5 million with him not playing. +1

I bet there was a phone call from the glazers...

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 30, 2012, 04:06:06 PM

No they didn't.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#17 : December 30, 2012, 04:21:30 PM

Saw that he was activated to roster after his suspension, but he is listed as inactive today. Possibly clueing his future with the club is in doubt.

He could resign with the team..... however:

For the Vet minimum plus a buttload of incentives. Because his past indicates he is not the most reliable of players nor one to be dependent on. So what the Bucs should do is treat him the way he treated the team.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : December 30, 2012, 04:23:14 PM

No they didn't.

potentially they did

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 30, 2012, 04:37:57 PM

No they didn't.

potentially they did

So they didn't save anything.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : December 30, 2012, 04:39:21 PM

well find out soon enough

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 30, 2012, 04:41:22 PM

No they didn't.

potentially they did

No they did not save anything.  They just decided to not risk losing the 1.5

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 30, 2012, 04:54:21 PM

No they didn't.

potentially they did

I think some, including the writer bringing the issue up, made much more of it than is etched in a lot of reality.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 30, 2012, 04:57:53 PM

No they didn't.

potentially they did

I think some, including the writer bringing the issue up, made much more of it than is etched in a lot of reality.

IDK man, I think he plays today if not for that contract thing hanging over his head.  If we were loaded in the secondary, different story.  But as bad as they are, they needed Wright today.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 30, 2012, 04:58:08 PM

Why do you suppose Wright was inactive, Ryan?

nitey

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 30, 2012, 04:59:04 PM

Frankly, I would not touch Wright. He's one more violation from a year long suspension. It's tough enough to get through a season without injury, Wright is a knucklehead, whether well meaning or not.

We finished this season 7-9 and lost our two best corners for 8 games due to suspension. I'm convinced our record would be at least 9-7 if that hadn't happened.

Just say NO to Wright.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 30, 2012, 05:00:48 PM

Ya I think its pretty obvious.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 30, 2012, 05:01:48 PM

Frankly, I would not touch Wright. He's one more violation from a year long suspension. It's tough enough to get through a season without injury, Wright is a knucklehead, whether well meaning or not.

We finished this season 7-9 and lost our two best corners for 8 games due to suspension. I'm convinced our record would be at least 9-7 if that hadn't happened.

Just say NO to Wright.

JMO.

The next level for Wright would be an 8 game suspension. I think you're getting the two drug policies mixed up. Steroid policy goes 4 games, 8 games, 12 months.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 30, 2012, 05:03:35 PM

Maybe they wanted the guys who had practiced the last month to play in game situations. Bottom line is that they didn't save any money except in a circumstance relatively far fetched.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 30, 2012, 05:03:40 PM

8 games - 1 year, makes little difference at this point. You can't go into your season depending on the guy. He's just not worth it IMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Wright Inactive: Cut? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools