Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Wright Inactive: Cut? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #30 : December 30, 2012, 05:06:40 PM »

Why do you suppose Wright was inactive, Ryan?

Maybe they wanted the guys who had practiced the last month to play in game situations.

That's not a reason to make Wright inactive, and I'm pretty sure you know that.

Bottom line is that they didn't save any money except in a circumstance relatively far fetched.

I think all involved know what the bottom line is, including Dominik and Wright.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #31 : December 30, 2012, 05:07:38 PM »

Maybe they wanted the guys who had practiced the last month to play in game situations. Bottom line is that they didn't save any money except in a circumstance relatively far fetched.

Him getting hurt is not exactly far fetched.   I am sure Mike Smith thought the same about Abraham.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #32 : December 30, 2012, 05:12:46 PM »

Maybe they wanted the guys who had practiced the last month to play in game situations.

That's not a reason to make Wright inactive, and I'm pretty sure you know that.

Bottom line is that they didn't save any money except in a circumstance relatively far fetched.

I think all involved know what the bottom line is, including Dominik and Wright.

Ya they may have told him already.  Dude your inactive today and we are cutting ties.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #33 : December 30, 2012, 05:12:49 PM »

Maybe they wanted the guys who had practiced the last month to play in game situations. Bottom line is that they didn't save any money except in a circumstance relatively far fetched.

Him getting hurt is not exactly far fetched.   I am sure Mike Smith thought the same about Abraham.

The issue involves getting hurt to the point in which he can't play again at the start of the next season. The amounts being thrown around are even more far fetched. It's an increase from the form $300k to $1mil for the first year and $500k if he can't play by the second year. So it's $1.2 mil in a pretty longshot theory.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #34 : December 30, 2012, 05:52:15 PM »

The issue involves getting hurt to the point in which he can't play again at the start of the next season. The amounts being thrown around are even more far fetched. It's an increase from the form $300k to $1mil for the first year and $500k if he can't play by the second year. So it's $1.2 mil in a pretty longshot theory.

Point takin.  But why risk it?   Its a business decision.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #35 : December 30, 2012, 06:00:31 PM »

Point takin.  But why risk it?   Its a business decision.

or it's not because it's a bit far fetched.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #36 : December 30, 2012, 09:01:09 PM »

At this point, I would be shocked if he is back next season.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #37 : December 30, 2012, 09:09:05 PM »

Perhaps Myron Lewis will share his copies of the infamous Dominik dossier with Eric...guaranteeing him a pay raise in 2013.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #38 : December 30, 2012, 09:12:18 PM »

I don't think this is proof Wright will be cut, but I do think it proves there will be a renegotiation of Wright's contract - at the very least.  Otherwise, there is no other reasonable explanation as to why Wright wasn't in uniform.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #39 : December 30, 2012, 09:39:24 PM »

Pay him what he's worth or let him go - I am good with that - can always use experienced players as #4-6 cbs....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #40 : December 30, 2012, 09:44:21 PM »

Pay him what he's worth or let him go - I am good with that - can always use experienced players as #4-6 cbs....

He seems like the type of guy that would scoff at what the Bucs determine is his worth.  Then bolt.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #41 : December 30, 2012, 09:48:26 PM »

Wright is a goner. The Bucs will cut him in the offseason and void his contract and save $8 million a year. You can add that to the nearly $30 million they already have under the cap next year. If Black is let go...you can add another $5 million. The Bucs could go into the offseason with $43 million under the cap. That's definitely enough to land a top DE and CB along with possibly adding in a RT to compete with Dotson, a LB to replace Black, and a TE to replace Clark (as I am not sure if he comes back). Some of that money might go to Bennett but I'd still like to see another DE brought in. Bennett, Bowers, and Clayborn haven't shown they can get consistent pressure on the QB.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

YReceiver14

Starter

« #42 : December 30, 2012, 09:49:05 PM »

Perhaps Myron Lewis will share his copies of the infamous Dominik dossier with Eric...guaranteeing him a pay raise in 2013.

LOL...no seriously, "M-Lew" has got to be replaced this offseason.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #43 : December 30, 2012, 11:29:40 PM »

Wright is a goner. The Bucs will cut him in the offseason and void his contract and save $8 million a year. You can add that to the nearly $30 million they already have under the cap next year. If Black is let go...you can add another $5 million. The Bucs could go into the offseason with $43 million under the cap. That's definitely enough to land a top DE and CB along with possibly adding in a RT to compete with Dotson, a LB to replace Black, and a TE to replace Clark (as I am not sure if he comes back). Some of that money might go to Bennett but I'd still like to see another DE brought in. Bennett, Bowers, and Clayborn haven't shown they can get consistent pressure on the QB.

They have not had the chance with McCoy getting injured.  With all of them healthy, I think they will be ok.  They knocked off all the silly stunts today, and got pressure.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #44 : December 31, 2012, 12:09:41 AM »

Atlanta doesn't have a great O-line and only 2 DEs can be on the field at a time and Bennett and Bowers played okay but not great. Clayborn has a high motor but he will never be more than a 10 sack guy. I'd like to see Bowers and Clayborn play more next year and be healthy...but I still want a DE that every down is scaring the o-line. The only guy on the D-line right now that scares the other team is McCoy. We need one more.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Wright Inactive: Cut? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools