Boards > The Red Board

Eric Wright Inactive: Cut?

<< < (5/5)

The Anti-Java:

--- Quote from: dbucfan on December 30, 2012, 09:39:24 PM ---Pay him what he's worth or let him go - I am good with that - can always use experienced players as #4-6 cbs....

--- End quote ---

He seems like the type of guy that would scoff at what the Bucs determine is his worth.  Then bolt.

Kodiak:
Wright is a goner. The Bucs will cut him in the offseason and void his contract and save $8 million a year. You can add that to the nearly $30 million they already have under the cap next year. If Black is let go...you can add another $5 million. The Bucs could go into the offseason with $43 million under the cap. That's definitely enough to land a top DE and CB along with possibly adding in a RT to compete with Dotson, a LB to replace Black, and a TE to replace Clark (as I am not sure if he comes back). Some of that money might go to Bennett but I'd still like to see another DE brought in. Bennett, Bowers, and Clayborn haven't shown they can get consistent pressure on the QB.

YReceiver14:

--- Quote from: BucDaFackUp on December 30, 2012, 09:09:05 PM ---Perhaps Myron Lewis will share his copies of the infamous Dominik dossier with Eric...guaranteeing him a pay raise in 2013.

--- End quote ---

LOL...no seriously, "M-Lew" has got to be replaced this offseason.

The Anti-Java:

--- Quote from: Kodiak on December 30, 2012, 09:48:26 PM ---Wright is a goner. The Bucs will cut him in the offseason and void his contract and save $8 million a year. You can add that to the nearly $30 million they already have under the cap next year. If Black is let go...you can add another $5 million. The Bucs could go into the offseason with $43 million under the cap. That's definitely enough to land a top DE and CB along with possibly adding in a RT to compete with Dotson, a LB to replace Black, and a TE to replace Clark (as I am not sure if he comes back). Some of that money might go to Bennett but I'd still like to see another DE brought in. Bennett, Bowers, and Clayborn haven't shown they can get consistent pressure on the QB.

--- End quote ---

They have not had the chance with McCoy getting injured.  With all of them healthy, I think they will be ok.  They knocked off all the silly stunts today, and got pressure.

Kodiak:
Atlanta doesn't have a great O-line and only 2 DEs can be on the field at a time and Bennett and Bowers played okay but not great. Clayborn has a high motor but he will never be more than a 10 sack guy. I'd like to see Bowers and Clayborn play more next year and be healthy...but I still want a DE that every down is scaring the o-line. The only guy on the D-line right now that scares the other team is McCoy. We need one more.

McCoy93:
We need that freak athlete on the defensive line

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version