Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2nd and long. « previous next »
Page: 1

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

: December 30, 2012, 01:45:46 PM

Why do we always run on 2nd and long? And when we do, it seems like we never gain much yardage. I get that the OC has to keep the defense on their toes, but it doesnt help when we are consistently faced with 3rd and long. Lets mix it up a little.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 30, 2012, 02:07:28 PM

It's called setting up the play action...because the only time Freeman can hit a wide open WR is when the other team thinks Doug Martin is getting the ball.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 30, 2012, 02:12:16 PM

Defenses are geared to stop the pass. If you run the ball they won't know what to do.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MrGruden

Second String

#3 : December 30, 2012, 02:17:47 PM

Defenses are geared to stop the pass. If you run the ball they won't know what to do.

Maybe if the Bucs had a more consistent RB...

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 30, 2012, 02:21:14 PM

I agree that it's a good idea sometimes, however when you do it every time, defenses tend to key in on it.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2nd and long. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools