Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good to go out on a winning note « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Jumper

Second String

#15 : December 30, 2012, 04:29:42 PM

Nice game all around. Props to Barron as well. He closed the game out with a really nice breakup.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : December 30, 2012, 04:37:25 PM

I predicted 4-12 - so 7-9 is much more respectable. Nice to stop the losing streak.

NovaBuc

Starter

#17 : December 30, 2012, 04:47:45 PM

The Falcons are not winning the Superbowl, I don't think they will even make it. Green Bay, Seattle and San Fran are all capable of going in and beating them. Would not count on Altanta to beat Washington if they make it in. And in this draft, I don't think there's much for us to miss out on in the positions we could have gotten before kickoff today.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 30, 2012, 04:48:34 PM

This was a good way to end this season, a win against a team with a winning record on the road. Frankly, this win will do us a lot more good than a few spots on the draft order and we have an extra 4th to use to move up if we need to anyway.

This win shows the NFL that the Bucs didn't quit, that Schiano's system was bought into for the entire year and that maybe there is some talent on the secondary. It's not top level talent, but with a couple of good corners next season that secondary will be very much improved. The team will go into the off season feeling good about the system and about their positional coaches and the coaches will have a good idea what to expect from the talent currently on this club.

Also, what was good about this win was that it shows our team that the Falcons aren't that much better than us. With the Saints also finishing 7-9 and facing real cap issues next season, the division should be wide open.

Good to finish on a winning note!

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 30, 2012, 05:13:12 PM

I can imagine the extra negativity had the Bucs went into the off season with a six game losing streak.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 30, 2012, 05:13:59 PM

The defensive philosophy must be completely overhauled to compete next year.  If I see those telegraphed, bush league blitz packages next preseason I will go beserk.  You could have studs everywhere on defense but that scheme is garbage and meant to stop Big East teams/qbs.

DejaVu

Starter

#21 : December 30, 2012, 05:15:00 PM

I can imagine the extra negativity had the Bucs went into the off season with a six game losing streak.

It would have been a good thing if you ask me.   Because it would have caused the Glazers to really make sure to put a winner out there next year.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 30, 2012, 05:35:21 PM

There was only one negative in the mix, and that would have been losing (or perhaps coming back to win) against the Falcons backups.  Beating their starters is something to build upon, especially as well as the dbackfield played.  Losing the draft positions stinks... but good picks are good picks - and vice versa... regardless of where they occur in the draft order.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good to go out on a winning note « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools